Getting MySensors MQTT Gateway working on OpenHAB 2.2 (Stable)

@masmat please check your MQTT configuration. You're receiving an exception because it's trying to set "1883.0" for the value port.

• @timo I did. I can't figure out where it's finding that .0 it adds to the 1883 port I have in the cfg-file

• How close is this for 2.3? Worth a try? or should I hold? Thanks for the work so far on it!

• @crankycoder Unfortunately there are still issues with the mqtt implementation. I reverted back to 2.2 yesterday as all my fiddling didn't help.

• my setup is still just using the direct mqtt subscription so i will hold off.

is there any discovery working (in 2.2 that is) how about once you configure the things. do you get all the properties of that item from when it presents?

• @crankycoder in 2.2 with appropriate binding mysensors is working pretty well. All variables are presented with mysensors lib 2.2.
    I only updated openhab to 2.3 as this release was presented on my debian system. But I didn't get 2.3 working with mysensors mqtt.

• I did an upgrade the other week from 1.8 to 2.2. Then right about the time I had some stuff working 2.3 came out. So I figured since I have to do all the learning curve anyways I might as well stick with 2.3. The variables being presented in mysensors would be HUGE for me. But hopefully it's not too far out.

• @TimO : are there any news concerning compatibility to version 2.3?
    Thanks for your work!

@jogant There already is a working version (2.4 SNAPSHOT) available on the marketplace and on my server. Please let me know if you expierence any problems.

• @timo unfortunately this also does not work for me. I followed your manual very well but I always get errors. It starts after installing feature:install esh-io-transport-mqtt and mysensors binding:

16:59:57.772 [ERROR] [protocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - MQTT connection offline - Reason unknown
    16:59:57.806 [INFO ] [o.transport.mqtt.MqttBrokerConnection] - Starting MQTT broker connection to '192.168.96.8' with clientid paho1135997459230242 and file store '/var/lib/openhab2/mqtt/192.168.96.8'
    16:59:57.867 [ERROR] [protocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - MQTT connection offline - {}
    org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.MqttException: MqttException
            at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.ExceptionHelper.createMqttException(ExceptionHelper.java:38) [229:org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3:1.0.2]
            at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.ClientComms$ConnectBG.run(ClientComms.java:604) [229:org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3:1.0.2]
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]
    Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
            at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:210) ~[?:?]
            at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:141) ~[?:?]
            at sun.security.ssl.InputRecord.readFully(InputRecord.java:465) ~[?:?]
            at sun.security.ssl.InputRecord.read(InputRecord.java:503) ~[?:?]
            at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:983) ~[?:?]
            at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1385) ~[?:?]
            at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1413) ~[?:?]
            at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1397) ~[?:?]
            at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.SSLNetworkModule.start(SSLNetworkModule.java:89) ~[?:?]
            at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.ClientComms$ConnectBG.run(ClientComms.java:590) ~[?:?]
            ... 1 more

and reconection starts every 10 seconds.
    It must be interference with mqtt1 bindung that I use for eventbus.
    The mqtt-bridge remains Offline.
    What is wrong?

@jogant Indeed this looks like an error in your configuration. I suspect the MQTT configuration. Did you change the MQTT configuration according my posting above? I've also added a text to the Wiki. The name and content of the MQTT configuration differs between OpenHAB 2.2 and 2.3.

• @timo with 2.2 I had two configurations which were very similar.
    I have one mosquitto mqtt broker on localhost, version 1.5.
    The mqtt1 binding is for my mqtt-eventbus connection is called mosquitto and the config file (mqtt.cfg) is as follows:

mosquitto.url=tcp://192.168.96.8:1883
    mosquitto.retain=false
    mosquitto.clientId=openhab
    mosquitto.user=user
    mosquitto.pwd=pwd

With OH2.2 this configuration works. It also works with 2.3 as I can see all openhab events on my mosquitto.
    My mysonsors binding is configured by org.eclipse.smarthome.mqttbroker.cfg config file which looks as follows:

name=mosquittomys
    host=192.168.96.8
    port=1883
    retain=false
    username=username
    password=password
    clientId=openhabMys

I also tried without authentication and also without clientId, all to no succuess.
    I cleaned /var/lib/openhab2/cache/ folder and /var/lib/openhab2/tmp/ folder.
    I looked at /var/lib/openhab2/config folder for resulting runtime configuration, but all looks fine. Do you have any further idea?

• @timo I found the fault in my configuration: it was the missing secure=false config flag in the org.eclipse.smarthome.mqttbroker.cfg config file. I have no idea what happens when the flag is missing but without it one doesn't achieve a valid connection.

name=mosquittomys
    host=192.168.96.8
    port=1883
    secure=false  <-- important !

So now I have a working 2.3 installation! Thanks alot for your support.

@jogant Good catch! I'm glad it's working now! 🙂

• I'm still unsuccesful.
    Do I need to reinstall all the files as well? I didn't find a new set of instructions.

In my /etc/openhab2/services-folder I have:
    mqtt-eventbus.cfg containing just

broker=mosquitto

and org.eclipse.smarthome.mqttbroker.cfg:

name=mosquitto
    host=127.0.0.1
    secure=false
    port=1883
    secure=false
    username=XXXX
    password=YYYYY
    retain=false
    clientId=openhabMys

openhab.log everything mysensors related:

2018-07-09 06:40:36.782 [INFO ] [.transport.mqtt.MqttBrokerConnection] - Starting MQTT broker connection to '127.0.0.1' with clientid paho175068223000 and file store '/var/lib/openhab2/mqtt/127.0.0.1'
    2018-07-09 06:40:37.050 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.mysensors       ] - BundleEvent STARTING - org.openhab.binding.mysensors
    2018-07-09 06:40:37.075 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.mysensors       ] - BundleEvent STARTED - org.openhab.binding.mysensors
    2018-07-09 06:40:37.206 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.mysensors       ] - ServiceEvent REGISTERED - {org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding.ThingHandlerFactory}={service.id=119, service.bundleid=13, service.scope=bundle, component.name=org.openhab.binding.mysensors.factory.MySensorsHandlerFactory, component.id=17} - org.openhab.binding.mysensors
    2018-07-09 06:42:36.466 [WARN ] [lipse.smarthome.io.net.exec.ExecUtil] - Execution failed (Exit value: -559038737. Caused by java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "arping" (in directory "."): error=2, Tiedostoa tai hakemistoa ei ole)
    2018-07-09 06:42:36.685 [INFO ] [ternal.dhcp.DHCPPacketListenerServer] - DHCP request packet listener online
    2018-07-09 06:42:37.484 [DEBUG] [nsors.handler.MySensorsBridgeHandler] - Initialization of the MySensors bridge
    2018-07-09 06:42:38.136 [DEBUG] [ensors.factory.MySensorsCacheFactory] - Cache file: given_ids.cached exist.
    2018-07-09 06:42:38.178 [DEBUG] [ensors.factory.MySensorsCacheFactory] - Cache (given_ids) content: [0, 1, 99, 4, 5]
    2018-07-09 06:42:38.608 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Enabling connection watchdog
    2018-07-09 06:42:38.830 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.mysensors       ] - ServiceEvent REGISTERED - {org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery.DiscoveryService}={service.id=281, service.bundleid=13, service.scope=singleton} - org.openhab.binding.mysensors
    2018-07-09 06:42:38.897 [DEBUG] [.discovery.MySensorsDiscoveryService] - Starting MySensors discovery scan
    2018-07-09 06:42:38.926 [DEBUG] [nsors.handler.MySensorsBridgeHandler] - Initialization of the MySensors bridge DONE!

Anyone spot what's still wrong?

P.S. I remember seeing someone got MyS gateway to log to a different file. Does anyone know how to implement that in the ./configure -command? Or how can I do that?

• @masmat two things come to my mind: I have two different broker-names for eventbus connection and mysensors connection. For eventbus binding you need classic mqtt1 binding with its own configuration like this:

mosquitto.url=tcp://127.0.0.1:1883
    mosquitto.retain=false
    mosquitto.clientId=openhab
    mosquitto.user=user
    mosquitto.pwd=pwd

And second: can you show your mysensors bridge configuration? Not shure but debug log looks like an ethernet bridge and not a mqtt bridge.

• Not sure how to answer some of your questions...but here goes.
    configuration:

sudo ./configure --my-transport=nrf24 --my-rf24-irq-pin=15 --my-signing-debug --my-signing=password --my-signing-password=XXXXXXXX --my-gateway=mqtt --my-controller-ip-address=127.0.0.1 --my-mqtt-user=YYYY --my-mqtt-password=ZZZZZ --my-mqtt-publish-topic-prefix=mysensors-out --my-mqtt-subscribe-topic-prefix=mysensors-in --my-mqtt-client-id=mygateway1 --my-leds-err-pin=12 --my-leds-rx-pin=16 --my-leds-tx-pin=18

I'm not sure what "eventbus"-binding is. Something I need to install in Paper UI?
    Is the configuration file mqtt-eventbus.cfg or something else? Should I try to install it? I have not installed the MQTT binding in OpenHab because at least originally the instructions said not to.

• @masmat I just wanted to understand your configuration. So I read through whole thread and saw your problems began with upgrade to OH2.3.
    I mentioned eventbus as you wrote something about eventbus.cfg.
    You need eventbus only if you want to send all oh events to mqtt broker.
    I wanted to see your mqtt bridge configuration. You can either configure dynamicly via paper ui or you set it up via things file. The later is what I did. So here is my things file with bridge configuration.

Bridge mysensors:bridge-mqtt:gateway [  brokerName="mosquittomys",
                                            topicPublish="mysensors1/in",
                                            topicSubscribe="mysensors1/out",
                                            startupCheckEnabled=true ] {

}

Here the brokername has to be the same as in mqttbroker.cfg. Fix topic names to match your mysensors gateway.
    Hope this is of any help.

• This post is deleted!

• @jogant Finally had time to double check this:
    Paper UI:

Broker Name 
    mosquitto
    Subscription Topic 
    mygateway1-out
    Publish Topic 
    mygateway1-in
    Send Delay 100
    Startup check enabled
    Metric answer enabled
    Network sanity check enabled
    Interval to launch network sanity check 3
    Attempts before disconnecting the bridge 3
    Heartbeat disabled
    Attempts before disconnecting nodes 10

EDIT: I noticed I have different topics in MQTT, corrected AND I did:

cd /usr/share/openhab2/addons/
    wget http://www.oberfoell.com/openhab2/org.openhab.binding.mysensors-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar   <== THIS probably  fixed it!
    chown for the same file

rm org.openhab.binding.mysensors-2.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Now my MQTT Gw is ONLINE, in Paper UI I just selected the bridge for every individual Thing and now it works.
    Hope this helps people strugling with this.

• Hi

I want to set this up, but have openHAB already setup and running MQTT using the binding installed in paperui, whereas you say dont use that?

Suggestions? With devices already working well on MQTT currently i want to follow this great, but dont wish to break what i have already working?

Thanks

• @TimO Thanks for the excellent work with the binding.

I have just got this all running on OH2.3 using mosquito and mqtt mysensors using a Mega 2560. I am migration from a Vera to openHab and have around 20+ mysensors nodes from 1 to 8 devices on each. So this is a significant task. Anyway I am also newish to OH so have a few questions if I may.

• Is it better to go via MQTT or Ethernet Bridge - on Vera I am using Ethernet my new Gateway using the Mega (as pro mini not enough ram to run security) can be either so is there a preference for either of these?
    • Is it worth using PaperUI vs Items files for configuration. I am leaning to items files as I am working with Persistance and some complex rules for device control. I have the binding learning nodes during a reboot in PaperUI these are working but I am confused how to build everything outside of the json DB files or even if I should?
    • Can MYSController be used somehow in this configuration either MQTT or Ethernet for OTA. At the moment I run this on a PC and connect to the Ethernet gateway do my updates and then let Vera have the gateway back. Is there a better way to link this using openHab?

Sorry for the questions but if you never ask you never learn - thanks.
    David

• @itbeyond As always your mileage will vary depending on experience and goals.
    Disclaimer: I only have a couple of MYS-sensors and a small OpenHAB installation for sensing and remote light control. OpenHAB is a complex system so it takes time to master. Fortunately it also has great support and I really like it for its flexiblity, power and structure.

• MQTT or ethernet bridge? I've tried both but never got MQTT to work. Based on the questions in the MYS forums I believe it is easier to use the ethernet connection. I find it easier to troubleshoot. You can start with the ethernet bridge to ensure everything works. Then you can easily switch to the MQTT setup if there are advantages for you. But unless you have other applications that also listen to the MYS messages, I can't really see any obvious reasons to use MQTT. (Of course, it may give you a warm, fuzzy feeling of having an all-MQTT sensor network.)

• Definitely go for config files. Autodiscovery is neat but there are many things you can't do in PaperUI or that are very difficult to do there. In config files you can also add comments to explain to your future self why you did something.
      You can try autodiscovery and PaperUI first if you like and then move to config files. Then you may want to check out the OpenHAB forums on how to manually clear the cache. Sometimes the OH cache is a bit too clever for itself.

• As I understand it, OTA is not supported by any MQTT controller. It is also not supported by OpenHAB. If you use the ethernet bridge you can keep your current ways of working - sensing and control in OpenHAB and update OTA via MYSController. If I'm not mistaken you only have to configure the MYS gw to accept at least two connections.

You seem to know your way around OH already, but I will add a few general comments for beginners, based on my own experience with OpenHAB (as a non-developer):

• First step is to set up backup and restore. Then test that it really works the way you intended.
    • Use the production release of OpenHAB unless you really need the bleeding edge. It can be very time consuming to revert from a beta/snapshot release to the production release.
    • Spend some time setting up OpenHAB and software around it so you can easily edit the config files. I use Openhabian which automatically shares all interesting files using Samba. It is then trivial to connect from my desktop and edit with my favourite editor. (MS Code has great support for OpenHAB config files.)
    • Spend some time on how to properly backup and restore OpenHAB so you can experiment freely and still easily revert if it crashes.
    • The OH forum is your friend. It is even more true than for MYS.
      E.g. check out the advice on how to name (and not name) your config files, things and items.
      and the OH patterns that provides beatiful solutions for many "impossible" problems.
    • Did I mention backup and restore? At least archive your config directory regularely.

/Fredrik

• @fredswed thanks for your comments. I have gone with Ethernet gateway as it works well and at this stage I do not need MQTT - maybe if I play with node-red or something down the track but for the moment happy with Ethernet - it just works. I did have MQTT working but the MYSController connection is a possible problem.

I have also gone to the config files directly and have worked out the bridge setup in the things file and have a few test items running.

Yes backups - done that and have my system backing up to a local NAS box.
    Cheers David

• I need a fresh set of eyes on my problem.
    Gateway is online, but things are not discovered. I have tried adding them manually (my syntax could be wrong), but it doesn't help.

There are no errors in mysgw.log-file.
    Mosquitto mysensors-out:

mysensors-out/1/14/1/0/23 35
    mysensors-out/1/15/1/0/0 49

mysgw.things:

Bridge mysensors:bridge-mqtt:mygateway1 [brokerName="mosquitto",
                                          topicPublish="mysensors-in",
                                          topicSubscribe="mysensors-out",
                                          startupCheckEnabled=true ]
     {
        /** define things connected to that bridge here */

temperature BoilerTemp [nodeID=1, childId=15]
      motion PukuhLiike [nodeID=1, childId=3]

}

default.items:

Number BoilerTemp "Lämminvesivaraaja [%.1f °C]" <heating> {channel="mysensors:temperature:mygateway1:temperature_1_15:temp"}
    Contact PukuhLiike "Pukuhuone Liike" <motion> {channel="mysensors:motion:mygateway1:motion_1_3:tripped"}

OpenHab2 frontail:

2018-08-13 22:34:03.284 [INFO ] [.transport.mqtt.MqttBrokerConnection] - Starting MQTT broker connection to '127.0.0.1' with clientid paho111686078117 and file store '/var/lib/openhab2/mqtt/127.0.0.1'

2018-08-13 22:34:05.499 [INFO ] [er.internal.HomeBuilderDashboardTile] - Started Home Builder at /homebuilder

2018-08-13 22:34:11.928 [INFO ] [.core.internal.i18n.I18nProviderImpl] - Time zone set to 'Europe/Helsinki'.

2018-08-13 22:34:11.999 [INFO ] [.core.internal.i18n.I18nProviderImpl] - Locale set to 'fi'.

2018-08-13 22:34:20.211 [INFO ] [.dashboard.internal.DashboardService] - Started Dashboard at http://192.168.1.51:8080

2018-08-13 22:34:20.317 [INFO ] [.dashboard.internal.DashboardService] - Started Dashboard at https://192.168.1.51:8443

2018-08-13 22:35:16.502 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'default.items'

2018-08-13 22:35:34.984 [INFO ] [thome.model.lsp.internal.ModelServer] - Started Language Server Protocol (LSP) service on port 5007

2018-08-13 22:35:38.657 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'mys.things'

2018-08-13 22:35:39.245 [.ItemChannelLinkAddedEvent] - Link 'PukuhLiike-mysensors:motion:mygateway1:motion_1_3:tripped' has been added.

2018-08-13 22:35:39.309 [.ItemChannelLinkAddedEvent] - Link 'BoilerTemp-mysensors:temperature:mygateway1:temperature_1_15:temp' has been added.

2018-08-13 22:36:14.848 [INFO ] [basic.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet] - Started Basic UI at /basicui/app

2018-08-13 22:36:18.741 [INFO ] [arthome.ui.paper.internal.PaperUIApp] - Started Paper UI at /paperui

2018-08-13 22:36:22.407 [INFO ] [panel.internal.HABPanelDashboardTile] - Started HABPanel at /habpanel

2018-08-13 22:36:25.610 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'mysensors:bridge-mqtt:mygateway1' changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING

2018-08-13 22:36:26.660 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'mysensors:temperature:mygateway1:BoilerTemp' changed from UNINITIALIZED to UNINITIALIZED (BRIDGE_UNINITIALIZED)

2018-08-13 22:36:26.861 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'mysensors:motion:mygateway1:PukuhLiike' changed from UNINITIALIZED to UNINITIALIZED (BRIDGE_UNINITIALIZED)

2018-08-13 22:36:27.453 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'mysensors:bridge-mqtt:mygateway1' changed from INITIALIZING to ONLINE

2018-08-13 22:36:27.546 [INFO ] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Successfully connected to MySensors Bridge.

2018-08-13 22:36:28.075 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'mysensors:temperature:mygateway1:BoilerTemp' changed from UNINITIALIZED (BRIDGE_UNINITIALIZED) to UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_CONFIGURATION_PENDING)

2018-08-13 22:36:28.120 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'mysensors:motion:mygateway1:PukuhLiike' changed from UNINITIALIZED (BRIDGE_UNINITIALIZED) to UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_CONFIGURATION_PENDING)

In my addons I have the 2.4.0 Snapshot.
    org.eclipse.smarthome.mqttbroker.cfg:

name=mosquitto
    host=127.0.0.1
    secure=false
    port=1883
    username=XXXX
    password=YYYYY
    retain=false
    clientId=openhabian

EDIT: After a week of trying things. This worked: https://forum.mysensors.org/post/73600
    No autodiscovery, but this switches my sensors ONLINE (even ones that are not powered up 😞 ), but it's not updating the values.

@masmat said in Getting MySensors MQTT Gateway working on OpenHAB 2.2 (Stable):

No autodiscovery, but this switches my sensors ONLINE (even ones that are not powered up ), but it's not updating the values.

Autodiscovery should work. 😕
    Does the temperature thing in OH2 get updates? Is it working?

The sensors will show up ONLINE if the connection to the broker is established, because the sensors are just a topic. There is at the moment no implementation to check if the sensors/things are really available. This could be done, but it is not implemented yet.

• @timo Before I did the re-install of everything autodiscovery was working, but now it isn't. Current sys: RpiZeroW, Openhabian 2.3.0-1release, mosquitto.
    The temperature is not updating in OH2. But the mysensors-out topic does show the gateway sending the values out. OH2 is not listening for some reason...

Re-install some (which?) parts or bindings? Openhab2 mqtt-binding?
    Permissions?

@masmat said in Getting MySensors MQTT Gateway working on OpenHAB 2.2 (Stable):

Number BoilerTemp "Lämminvesivaraaja [%.1f °C]" <heating> {channel="mysensors:temperature:mygateway1:temperature_1_15:temp"}

Needs to be changed to:

Number BoilerTemp "Lämminvesivaraaja [%.1f °C]" <heating> {channel="mysensors:temperature:mygateway1:BoilerTemp:temp"}

But there is something additionally amiss, because discovery is not working.
    Please enable debug in the OH2 console and post the output of the initialization.
    Don't spend time reinstalling, this looks like a configuration issue.

• @timo Firstly, I am very thankful for your help.
    I changed that item and it started receiving values! I think there's something wrong with my light-level sensor's syntax too.

In console I did: log:set DEBUG.
    That prints out hundreds and hundreds of lines....should I narrow the search somehow?

@masmat I'm glad the first sensor is updating now. Please post the the thing and item definition of the light sensor and I'll look at it.
    I only need the debug output from the binding so please use:

log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.mysensors

• @timo OK, here's the output:

2018-08-15 23:55:44.092 [INFO ] [.transport.mqtt.MqttBrokerConnection] - Starting MQTT broker connection to '127.0.0.1' with clientid paho79389486520739 and file store '/var/lib/openhab2/mqtt/127.0.0.1'

2018-08-15 23:55:47.333 [INFO ] [er.internal.HomeBuilderDashboardTile] - Started Home Builder at /homebuilder

2018-08-15 23:55:53.357 [INFO ] [.core.internal.i18n.I18nProviderImpl] - Time zone set to 'Europe/Helsinki'.

2018-08-15 23:55:53.406 [INFO ] [.core.internal.i18n.I18nProviderImpl] - Location set to '60.172424790463936,25.020736667463083'.

2018-08-15 23:55:53.427 [INFO ] [.core.internal.i18n.I18nProviderImpl] - Locale set to 'fi'.

2018-08-15 23:56:01.971 [INFO ] [.dashboard.internal.DashboardService] - Started Dashboard at http://192.168.1.51:8080

2018-08-15 23:56:02.082 [INFO ] [.dashboard.internal.DashboardService] - Started Dashboard at https://192.168.1.51:8443

2018-08-15 23:57:01.390 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'default.items'

2018-08-15 23:57:21.507 [INFO ] [thome.model.lsp.internal.ModelServer] - Started Language Server Protocol (LSP) service on port 5007

2018-08-15 23:57:24.448 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'default.sitemap'

2018-08-15 23:57:26.351 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'mys.things'

==> /var/log/openhab2/events.log <==

2018-08-15 23:57:27.306 [.ItemChannelLinkAddedEvent] - Link 'PukuhLiike-mysensors:motion:mygateway1:PukuhLiike:tripped' has been added.

2018-08-15 23:57:27.346 [.ItemChannelLinkAddedEvent] - Link 'PukuhValoisuus-mysensors:light-level:mygateway1:PukuhValoisuus:light-level' has been added.

2018-08-15 23:57:27.424 [.ItemChannelLinkAddedEvent] - Link 'TalliSivuoviLukko-mysensors:lock:mygateway1:TalliSivuoviLukko:lock-status' has been added.

2018-08-15 23:57:27.487 [.ItemChannelLinkAddedEvent] - Link 'BoilerTemp-mysensors:temperature:mygateway1:BoilerTemp:temp' has been added.

2018-08-15 23:57:27.655 [.ItemChannelLinkAddedEvent] - Link 'TalliSivuovi-mysensors:door:mygateway1:TalliSivuovi:tripped' has been added.

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==

2018-08-15 23:57:44.601 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.mysensors       ] - BundleEvent STARTING - org.openhab.binding.mysensors

2018-08-15 23:57:46.005 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.mysensors       ] - ServiceEvent REGISTERED - {org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding.ThingHandlerFactory}={service.id=296, service.bundleid=197, service.scope=bundle, component.name=org.openhab.binding.mysensors.factory.MySensorsHandlerFactory, component.id=176} - org.openhab.binding.mysensors

2018-08-15 23:57:47.811 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.mysensors       ] - BundleEvent STARTED - org.openhab.binding.mysensors

2018-08-15 23:57:53.081 [INFO ] [basic.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet] - Started Basic UI at /basicui/app

2018-08-15 23:57:56.733 [INFO ] [arthome.ui.paper.internal.PaperUIApp] - Started Paper UI at /paperui

2018-08-15 23:57:59.038 [INFO ] [panel.internal.HABPanelDashboardTile] - Started HABPanel at /habpanel

2018-08-15 23:58:02.474 [DEBUG] [nsors.handler.MySensorsBridgeHandler] - Initialization of the MySensors bridge

2018-08-15 23:58:02.518 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'mysensors:bridge-mqtt:mygateway1' changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING

2018-08-15 23:58:02.740 [DEBUG] [ensors.factory.MySensorsCacheFactory] - Cache file: given_ids.cached exist.

2018-08-15 23:58:02.777 [DEBUG] [ensors.factory.MySensorsCacheFactory] - Cache (given_ids) content: [1]

2018-08-15 23:58:03.074 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Enabling connection watchdog

2018-08-15 23:58:03.246 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Connected to MQTT broker!

2018-08-15 23:58:03.294 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.mysensors       ] - ServiceEvent REGISTERED - {org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery.DiscoveryService}={service.id=324, service.bundleid=197, service.scope=singleton} - org.openhab.binding.mysensors

2018-08-15 23:58:03.308 [DEBUG] [.discovery.MySensorsDiscoveryService] - Starting MySensors discovery scan

2018-08-15 23:58:03.330 [DEBUG] [nsors.handler.MySensorsBridgeHandler] - Initialization of the MySensors bridge DONE!

2018-08-15 23:58:03.493 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'mysensors:temperature:mygateway1:BoilerTemp' changed from UNINITIALIZED to UNINITIALIZED (BRIDGE_UNINITIALIZED)

2018-08-15 23:58:03.617 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'mysensors:motion:mygateway1:PukuhLiike' changed from UNINITIALIZED to UNINITIALIZED (BRIDGE_UNINITIALIZED)

2018-08-15 23:58:03.743 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Adding consumer for topic: mysensors-out/+/+/+/+/+

2018-08-15 23:58:03.840 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'mysensors:light-level:mygateway1:PukuhValoisuus' changed from UNINITIALIZED to UNINITIALIZED (BRIDGE_UNINITIALIZED)

2018-08-15 23:58:03.908 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'mysensors:door:mygateway1:TalliSivuovi' changed from UNINITIALIZED to UNINITIALIZED (BRIDGE_UNINITIALIZED)

2018-08-15 23:58:03.997 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'mysensors:lock:mygateway1:TalliSivuoviLukko' changed from UNINITIALIZED to UNINITIALIZED (BRIDGE_UNINITIALIZED)

2018-08-15 23:58:04.055 [DEBUG] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsWriter] - Sending to MySensors: 0;0;3;0;2;

2018-08-15 23:58:04.076 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Sending MQTT Message: Topic: mysensors-in, Message: 0;0;3;0;2;

2018-08-15 23:58:04.241 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - MQTT message received. Topic: mysensors-out/0/255/3/0/2, Message: 2.3.0

2018-08-15 23:58:04.276 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Message topic part: 0/255/3/0/2

2018-08-15 23:58:04.311 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Converted MQTT message to MySensors Serial format. Sending on to bridge: 0;255;3;0;2;2.3.0

2018-08-15 23:58:04.373 [DEBUG] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsReader] - Message from gateway received: 0;255;3;0;2;2.3.0

2018-08-15 23:58:04.390 [DEBUG] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsReader] - Good,Gateway is up and running! (Ver:2.3.0)

2018-08-15 23:58:04.849 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'mysensors:bridge-mqtt:mygateway1' changed from INITIALIZING to ONLINE

2018-08-15 23:58:04.940 [DEBUG] [ensors.factory.MySensorsCacheFactory] - Writing on cache given_ids, content: [1]

2018-08-15 23:58:04.975 [INFO ] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Successfully connected to MySensors Bridge.

2018-08-15 23:58:05.191 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Configuration: MySensorsSensorConfiguration{nodeId=5, childId=5, requestAck=false, revertState=true, smartSleep=false, childUpdateTimeout=-1, nodeUpdateTimeout=-1, requestHeartbeatResponse=false, usePureWhiteLightInRGBW=false}

2018-08-15 23:58:05.211 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'mysensors:temperature:mygateway1:BoilerTemp' changed from UNINITIALIZED (BRIDGE_UNINITIALIZED) to INITIALIZING

2018-08-15 23:58:05.224 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Configuration: MySensorsSensorConfiguration{nodeId=1, childId=15, requestAck=false, revertState=true, smartSleep=false, childUpdateTimeout=-1, nodeUpdateTimeout=-1, requestHeartbeatResponse=false, usePureWhiteLightInRGBW=false}

2018-08-15 23:58:05.347 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Configuration: MySensorsSensorConfiguration{nodeId=1, childId=3, requestAck=false, revertState=true, smartSleep=false, childUpdateTimeout=-1, nodeUpdateTimeout=-1, requestHeartbeatResponse=false, usePureWhiteLightInRGBW=false}

2018-08-15 23:58:05.404 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Configuration: MySensorsSensorConfiguration{nodeId=1, childId=14, requestAck=false, revertState=true, smartSleep=false, childUpdateTimeout=-1, nodeUpdateTimeout=-1, requestHeartbeatResponse=false, usePureWhiteLightInRGBW=false}

2018-08-15 23:58:05.494 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Configuration: MySensorsSensorConfiguration{nodeId=5, childId=6, requestAck=false, revertState=true, smartSleep=false, childUpdateTimeout=-1, nodeUpdateTimeout=-1, requestHeartbeatResponse=false, usePureWhiteLightInRGBW=false}

2018-08-15 23:58:05.521 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Adding device MySensorsNode [nodeId=5, childNumber=1, chidldList={5=MySensorsChild [childId=5, nodeValue={V_VAR1=MySensorsVariableVVar1 [value=null], V_VAR2=MySensorsVariableVVar2 [value=null], V_VAR3=MySensorsVariableVVar3 [value=null], V_LOCK_STATUS=MySensorsVariableVLockStatus [value=null], V_VAR4=MySensorsVariableVVar4 [value=null], V_VAR5=MySensorsVariableVVar5 [value=null]}]}]

2018-08-15 23:58:05.610 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Merging child map: {5=MySensorsChild [childId=5, nodeValue={V_VAR1=MySensorsVariableVVar1 [value=null], V_VAR2=MySensorsVariableVVar2 [value=null], V_VAR3=MySensorsVariableVVar3 [value=null], V_LOCK_STATUS=MySensorsVariableVLockStatus [value=null], V_VAR4=MySensorsVariableVVar4 [value=null], V_VAR5=MySensorsVariableVVar5 [value=null]}]} with: {6=MySensorsChild [childId=6, nodeValue={V_VAR1=MySensorsVariableVVar1 [value=null], V_TRIPPED=MySensorsVariableVTripped [value=null], V_ARMED=MySensorsVariableVArmed [value=null], V_VAR2=MySensorsVariableVVar2 [value=null], V_VAR3=MySensorsVariableVVar3 [value=null], V_VAR4=MySensorsVariableVVar4 [value=null], V_VAR5=MySensorsVariableVVar5 [value=null]}]}

2018-08-15 23:58:05.607 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Event listener for node 5-5 not registered yet, registering...

2018-08-15 23:58:05.704 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'mysensors:lock:mygateway1:TalliSivuoviLukko' changed from UNINITIALIZED (BRIDGE_UNINITIALIZED) to INITIALIZING

2018-08-15 23:58:05.737 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Merging child map: {} with: {14=MySensorsChild [childId=14, nodeValue={V_VAR1=MySensorsVariableVVar1 [value=null], V_LEVEL=MySensorsVariableVLevel [value=null], V_VAR2=MySensorsVariableVVar2 [value=null], V_VAR3=MySensorsVariableVVar3 [value=null], V_LIGHT_LEVEL=MySensorsVariableVLightLevel [value=null], V_VAR4=MySensorsVariableVVar4 [value=null], V_VAR5=MySensorsVariableVVar5 [value=null]}]}

2018-08-15 23:58:05.800 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'mysensors:light-level:mygateway1:PukuhValoisuus' changed from UNINITIALIZED (BRIDGE_UNINITIALIZED) to INITIALIZING

2018-08-15 23:58:05.769 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Event listener for node 5-6 not registered yet, registering...

2018-08-15 23:58:05.783 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Merging child map: {14=MySensorsChild [childId=14, nodeValue={V_VAR1=MySensorsVariableVVar1 [value=null], V_LEVEL=MySensorsVariableVLevel [value=null], V_VAR2=MySensorsVariableVVar2 [value=null], V_VAR3=MySensorsVariableVVar3 [value=null], V_LIGHT_LEVEL=MySensorsVariableVLightLevel [value=null], V_VAR4=MySensorsVariableVVar4 [value=null], V_VAR5=MySensorsVariableVVar5 [value=null]}]} with: {15=MySensorsChild [childId=15, nodeValue={V_VAR1=MySensorsVariableVVar1 [value=null], V_VAR2=MySensorsVariableVVar2 [value=null], V_VAR3=MySensorsVariableVVar3 [value=null], V_VAR4=MySensorsVariableVVar4 [value=null], V_VAR5=MySensorsVariableVVar5 [value=null], V_TEMP=MySensorsVariableVTemp [value=null], V_ID=MySensorsVariableVId [value=null]}]}

2018-08-15 23:58:05.795 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Event listener for node 1-14 not registered yet, registering...

2018-08-15 23:58:05.858 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Merging child map: {14=MySensorsChild [childId=14, nodeValue={V_VAR1=MySensorsVariableVVar1 [value=null], V_LEVEL=MySensorsVariableVLevel [value=null], V_VAR2=MySensorsVariableVVar2 [value=null], V_VAR3=MySensorsVariableVVar3 [value=null], V_LIGHT_LEVEL=MySensorsVariableVLightLevel [value=null], V_VAR4=MySensorsVariableVVar4 [value=null], V_VAR5=MySensorsVariableVVar5 [value=null]}], 15=MySensorsChild [childId=15, nodeValue={V_VAR1=MySensorsVariableVVar1 [value=null], V_VAR2=MySensorsVariableVVar2 [value=null], V_VAR3=MySensorsVariableVVar3 [value=null], V_VAR4=MySensorsVariableVVar4 [value=null], V_VAR5=MySensorsVariableVVar5 [value=null], V_TEMP=MySensorsVariableVTemp [value=null], V_ID=MySensorsVariableVId [value=null]}]} with: {3=MySensorsChild [childId=3, nodeValue={V_VAR1=MySensorsVariableVVar1 [value=null], V_TRIPPED=MySensorsVariableVTripped [value=null], V_ARMED=MySensorsVariableVArmed [value=null], V_VAR2=MySensorsVariableVVar2 [value=null], V_VAR3=MySensorsVariableVVar3 [value=null], V_VAR4=MySensorsVariableVVar4 [value=null], V_VAR5=MySensorsVariableVVar5 [value=null]}]}

2018-08-15 23:58:05.866 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Event listener for node 1-15 not registered yet, registering...

2018-08-15 23:58:05.908 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'mysensors:motion:mygateway1:PukuhLiike' changed from UNINITIALIZED (BRIDGE_UNINITIALIZED) to INITIALIZING

2018-08-15 23:58:05.902 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Event listener for node 1-3 not registered yet, registering...

2018-08-15 23:58:05.982 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'mysensors:door:mygateway1:TalliSivuovi' changed from UNINITIALIZED (BRIDGE_UNINITIALIZED) to INITIALIZING

2018-08-15 23:58:06.050 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'mysensors:lock:mygateway1:TalliSivuoviLukko' changed from INITIALIZING to ONLINE

2018-08-15 23:58:06.109 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'mysensors:light-level:mygateway1:PukuhValoisuus' changed from INITIALIZING to ONLINE

2018-08-15 23:58:06.160 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'mysensors:door:mygateway1:TalliSivuovi' changed from INITIALIZING to ONLINE

2018-08-15 23:58:06.202 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'mysensors:temperature:mygateway1:BoilerTemp' changed from INITIALIZING to ONLINE

2018-08-15 23:58:06.253 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'mysensors:motion:mygateway1:PukuhLiike' changed from INITIALIZING to ONLINE

2018-08-15 23:58:10.493 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - MQTT message received. Topic: mysensors-out/1/14/1/0/23, Message: 0

2018-08-15 23:58:10.511 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Message topic part: 1/14/1/0/23

2018-08-15 23:58:10.526 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Converted MQTT message to MySensors Serial format. Sending on to bridge: 1;14;1;0;23;0

2018-08-15 23:58:10.542 [DEBUG] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsReader] - Message from gateway received: 1;14;1;0;23;0

2018-08-15 23:58:10.574 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Node 1 found in gateway

2018-08-15 23:58:10.586 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - MQTT message received. Topic: mysensors-out/1/15/1/0/0, Message: 53

2018-08-15 23:58:10.606 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Message topic part: 1/15/1/0/0

2018-08-15 23:58:10.591 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Child 14 found in node 1

2018-08-15 23:58:10.619 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Converted MQTT message to MySensors Serial format. Sending on to bridge: 1;15;1;0;0;53

2018-08-15 23:58:10.661 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Updating channel: light-level(V_LIGHT_LEVEL) value to: 0

2018-08-15 23:58:11.034 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - PukuhValoisuus changed from NULL to 0

2018-08-15 23:58:11.617 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Setting last update for node/child 1/14 to 2018-08-15T23:58:10.000+0300

2018-08-15 23:58:11.629 [DEBUG] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsReader] - Message from gateway received: 1;15;1;0;0;53

2018-08-15 23:58:11.642 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Node 1 found in gateway

2018-08-15 23:58:11.657 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Child 15 found in node 1

2018-08-15 23:58:11.671 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Updating channel: temp(V_TEMP) value to: 53

2018-08-15 23:58:11.758 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - BoilerTemp changed from NULL to 53

2018-08-15 23:58:11.770 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Setting last update for node/child 1/15 to 2018-08-15T23:58:11.000+0300

2018-08-15 23:58:47.461 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - MQTT message received. Topic: mysensors-out/1/14/1/0/23, Message: 0

2018-08-15 23:58:47.482 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Message topic part: 1/14/1/0/23

2018-08-15 23:58:47.495 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Converted MQTT message to MySensors Serial format. Sending on to bridge: 1;14;1;0;23;0

2018-08-15 23:58:47.513 [DEBUG] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsReader] - Message from gateway received: 1;14;1;0;23;0

2018-08-15 23:58:47.533 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Node 1 found in gateway

2018-08-15 23:58:47.565 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - MQTT message received. Topic: mysensors-out/1/15/1/0/0, Message: 53

2018-08-15 23:58:47.556 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Child 14 found in node 1

2018-08-15 23:58:47.579 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Updating channel: light-level(V_LIGHT_LEVEL) value to: 0

2018-08-15 23:58:47.597 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Message topic part: 1/15/1/0/0

2018-08-15 23:58:47.612 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Converted MQTT message to MySensors Serial format. Sending on to bridge: 1;15;1;0;0;53

2018-08-15 23:58:47.719 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Setting last update for node/child 1/14 to 2018-08-15T23:58:47.000+0300

2018-08-15 23:58:47.731 [DEBUG] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsReader] - Message from gateway received: 1;15;1;0;0;53

2018-08-15 23:58:47.750 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Node 1 found in gateway

2018-08-15 23:58:47.765 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Child 15 found in node 1

2018-08-15 23:58:47.778 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Updating channel: temp(V_TEMP) value to: 53

2018-08-15 23:58:47.839 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Setting last update for node/child 1/15 to 2018-08-15T23:58:47.000+0300

And my item & thing (in separate files of course):

Number PukuhValoisuus   "Pukuhuone valoisuus [%.1f %]"  <719914_monitor> {channel="mysensors:light-level:mygateway1:PukuhValoisuus:light-level"}

light-level PukuhValoisuus [nodeId=1, childId=14]

• I have a strange issue now when I am trying to bring my irrigation controller over from Vera to openHab. I setup the Ethernet Gateway and have several nodes working ok. I then configured the binding to have the irrigation controller as follows:

Bridge mysensors:bridge-eth:gateway [ ipAddress="192.168.100.63", tcpPort=5003, sendDelay=150,  startupCheckEnabled=true,  networkSanCheckEnabled=true, networkSanCheckInterval=1, networkSanCheckConnectionFailAttempts=1 ] {
      light     Water_All_Zones "Water - All Zones" @ "Backyard"    [ nodeId=2, childId=0 ]
      light     Water_Zone1     "Water - Veg Garden" @ "Backyard"   [ nodeId=2, childId=1 ]
      light     Water_Zone2     "Water - Rear Garden" @ "Backyard"  [ nodeId=2, childId=2 ]
      light     Water_Zone3     "Water - Side Garden" @ "Backyard"  [ nodeId=2, childId=3 ]  
      light     Water_Zone4     "Water - Verge Grass" @ "Backyard"  [ nodeId=2, childId=4 ]
      light     Water_Zone5     "Water - Front Grass" @ "Backyard"  [ nodeId=2, childId=5 ]
      light     Water_Zone6     "Water - Front Garden" @ "Backyard" [ nodeId=2, childId=6 ]

cover     Courtyard_Door_Blind  "Door Blind" @ "Courtyard" [ nodeId=4, childId=1 ]
      cover     Office_Front_Blinds   "Front Blinds" @ "Office" [ nodeId=4, childId=2 ]
      cover     Office_Side_Blinds    "Side Blinds" @ "Office" [ nodeId=4, childId=3 ]
      cover     Courtyard_LHS_Blinds   "LHS Blinds" @ "Courtyard" [ nodeId=4, childId=4 ]
      cover     Courtyard_RHS_Blinds   "RHS Blinds" @ "Courtyard" [ nodeId=4, childId=5 ]

power     Power_Phase1  "Energy Phase 1" @ "Garage"  [ nodeId=5, childId=0 ]
      power     Power_Phase2  "Energy Phase 2" @ "Garage"  [ nodeId=5, childId=1 ]
      power     Power_Phase3  "Energy Phase 3" @ "Garage"  [ nodeId=5, childId=2 ]
      power     Power_Main    "Energy Main" @ "Garage"  [ nodeId=5, childId=8 ]

light     Entry_FrontGarden_Lights    "Power Socket Relay" @ "Entry"  [ nodeId=7, childId=1 ]

light     Office_Door   "Door Controller" @ "Office"  [ nodeId=13, childId=1 ]

light     Desktop_Debug_Light   "Power Socket Relay" @ "Office"  [ nodeId=27, childId=1 ]
    }

So far so good, I then setup the items as follows:

Switch  Water_All_Zones     "Water All Zones" <selfwater> (gDevices,gRoom_Backyard) [ "iss:type:DevSwitch", "iss:room:Backyard" ]  {channel="mysensors:light:gateway:Water_All_Zones:status"}
    Switch  Water_Veg_Garden    "Water - Veg Garden" <selfwater> (gDevices,gRoom_Backyard) [ "iss:type:DevSwitch", "iss:room:Backyard" ]  {channel="mysensors:light:gateway:Water_Zone1:status"}
    Switch  Water_Rear_Garden   "Water - Rear Garden" <selfwater> (gDevices,gRoom_Backyard) [ "iss:type:DevSwitch", "iss:room:Backyard" ]  {channel="mysensors:light:gateway:Water_Zone2:status"}
    Switch  Water_Side_Garden   "Water - Side Garden" <selfwater> (gDevices,gRoom_Backyard) [ "iss:type:DevSwitch", "iss:room:Backyard" ]  {channel="mysensors:light:gateway:Water_Zone3:status"}
    Switch  Water_Verge_Grass   "Water - Verge Grass" <selfwater> (gDevices,gRoom_Backyard) [ "iss:type:DevSwitch", "iss:room:Backyard" ]  {channel="mysensors:light:gateway:Water_Zone4:status"}
    Switch  Water_Front_Grass   "Water - Front Grass" <selfwater> (gDevices,gRoom_Backyard) [ "iss:type:DevSwitch", "iss:room:Backyard" ]  {channel="mysensors:light:gateway:Water_Zone5:status"}
    Switch  Water_Front_Garden  "Water - Front Garden" <selfwater> (gDevices,gRoom_Backyard) [ "iss:type:DevSwitch", "iss:room:Backyard" ] {channel="mysensors:light:gateway:Water_Zone6:status"}

Number  Water_Zone1_AllTime "Water - Zone 1 - All Time [%d]" <selfruntime>  (gDevices,gRoom_Backyard)   {channel="mysensors:light:gateway:Water_Zone1:var1"}
    Number  Water_Zone2_AllTime "Water - Zone 2 - All Time [%d]" <selfruntime>  (gDevices,gRoom_Backyard)   {channel="mysensors:light:gateway:Water_Zone2:var1"}
    Number  Water_Zone3_AllTime "Water - Zone 3 - All Time [%d]" <selfruntime>  (gDevices,gRoom_Backyard)   {channel="mysensors:light:gateway:Water_Zone3:var1"}
    Number  Water_Zone4_AllTime "Water - Zone 4 - All Time [%d]" <selfruntime>  (gDevices,gRoom_Backyard)   {channel="mysensors:light:gateway:Water_Zone4:var1"}
    Number  Water_Zone5_AllTime "Water - Zone 5 - All Time [%d]" <selfruntime>  (gDevices,gRoom_Backyard)   {channel="mysensors:light:gateway:Water_Zone5:var1"}
    Number  Water_Zone6_AllTime "Water - Zone 6 - All Time [%d]" <selfruntime>  (gDevices,gRoom_Backyard)   {channel="mysensors:light:gateway:Water_Zone6:var1"}

Number  Water_Zone1_Time    "Water - Zone1 - Time [%d]" <selfruntime>  (gDevices,gRoom_Backyard)   {channel="mysensors:light:gateway:Water_Zone1:var2"}
    Number  Water_Zone2_Time    "Water - Zone2 - Time [%d]" <selfruntime>  (gDevices,gRoom_Backyard)   {channel="mysensors:light:gateway:Water_Zone2:var2"}
    Number  Water_Zone3_Time    "Water - Zone3 - Time [%d]" <selfruntime>  (gDevices,gRoom_Backyard)   {channel="mysensors:light:gateway:Water_Zone3:var2"}
    Number  Water_Zone4_Time    "Water - Zone4 - Time [%d]" <selfruntime>  (gDevices,gRoom_Backyard)   {channel="mysensors:light:gateway:Water_Zone4:var2"}
    Number  Water_Zone5_Time    "Water - Zone5 - Time [%d]" <selfruntime>  (gDevices,gRoom_Backyard)   {channel="mysensors:light:gateway:Water_Zone5:var2"}
    Number  Water_Zone6_Time    "Water - Zone6 - Time [%d]" <selfruntime>  (gDevices,gRoom_Backyard)   {channel="mysensors:light:gateway:Water_Zone6:var2"}

String  Water_Zone1_Name    "Water - Zone1 - Name [%s]"  (gDevices,gRoom_Backyard)   {channel="mysensors:light:gateway:Water_Zone1:var3"}
    String  Water_Zone2_Name    "Water - Zone2 - Name [%s]"  (gDevices,gRoom_Backyard)   {channel="mysensors:light:gateway:Water_Zone2:var3"}
    String  Water_Zone3_Name    "Water - Zone3 - Name [%s]"  (gDevices,gRoom_Backyard)   {channel="mysensors:light:gateway:Water_Zone3:var3"}
    String  Water_Zone4_Name    "Water - Zone4 - Name [%s]"  (gDevices,gRoom_Backyard)   {channel="mysensors:light:gateway:Water_Zone4:var3"}
    String  Water_Zone5_Name    "Water - Zone5 - Name [%s]"  (gDevices,gRoom_Backyard)   {channel="mysensors:light:gateway:Water_Zone5:var3"}
    String  Water_Zone6_Name    "Water - Zone6 - Name [%s]"  (gDevices,gRoom_Backyard)   {channel="mysensors:light:gateway:Water_Zone6:var3"}

As the Irrigation project uses 3 vars to manage time and names I setup a System Started rule as follows:

rule "System started"
    when
        System started
    then
        createTimer(now.plusSeconds(180)) [ |
            logInfo("Watering", "System started")

if (Water_Zone1_AllTime.state == NULL) Water_Zone1_AllTime.sendCommand(5 as Number) 
            if (Water_Zone2_AllTime.state == NULL) Water_Zone2_AllTime.sendCommand(8 as Number)
            if (Water_Zone3_AllTime.state == NULL) Water_Zone3_AllTime.sendCommand(8 as Number)
            if (Water_Zone4_AllTime.state == NULL) Water_Zone4_AllTime.sendCommand(12 as Number)
            if (Water_Zone5_AllTime.state == NULL) Water_Zone5_AllTime.sendCommand(12 as Number)
            if (Water_Zone6_AllTime.state == NULL) Water_Zone6_AllTime.sendCommand(10 as Number)

if (Water_Zone1_Time.state == NULL) Water_Zone1_Time.sendCommand(5 as Number)
            if (Water_Zone2_Time.state == NULL) Water_Zone2_Time.sendCommand(8 as Number)
            if (Water_Zone3_Time.state == NULL) Water_Zone3_Time.sendCommand(8 as Number)
            if (Water_Zone4_Time.state == NULL) Water_Zone4_Time.sendCommand(12 as Number)
            if (Water_Zone5_Time.state == NULL) Water_Zone5_Time.sendCommand(12 as Number)
            if (Water_Zone6_Time.state == NULL) Water_Zone6_Time.sendCommand(10 as Number)

if (Water_Zone1_Name.state == NULL) Water_Zone1_Name.sendCommand("Veg Garden")
            if (Water_Zone2_Name.state == NULL) Water_Zone2_Name.sendCommand("Rear Garden")
            if (Water_Zone3_Name.state == NULL) Water_Zone3_Name.sendCommand("Side Garden")
            if (Water_Zone4_Name.state == NULL) Water_Zone4_Name.sendCommand("Verge Grass")
            if (Water_Zone5_Name.state == NULL) Water_Zone5_Name.sendCommand("Front Grass")
            if (Water_Zone6_Name.state == NULL) Water_Zone6_Name.sendCommand("Front Garden")
         ]
    end

This all loaded up nicely (for interest I tried postUpdate as well as sendCommand) shows the right stuff in PaperUI - Control can see all the numbers and string however I have had several issues with the setup.

Firstly when my controller requests the time from the gateway it receives UTC and is showing the wrong time on the LCD display. I have checked that my controller is configured for the right timezone and is showing the right time but everytime I reset the Irrigation controller and it requests the time it is getting UTC. (I did work once and got the right time but not sure how this occurred) I rebooted the openhabianpi unit and it is still delivering UTC, but the fact it did it right once means I cannot just adjust the timezone in the node as it may get it right somehow and then be adjusted wrong! I would have thought the gateway should deliver the correct system time.

Secondly I cannot get the Irrigation Controller to read the var3 String value - when this is requested from from the Irrigation controller it only gets a 0 (numeric). This seems to indicate that the var's can only handle a Number - is this true and how does one get around this if this is the case? I tried changing the value in PaperUI and it changes but nothing gets sent to the node but changing the numeric values in var1 & 2 update to the node - all updates are shown in the logtail.

For the record here is the Serial boot log from the node:

__  __       ____
    |  \/  |_   _/ ___|  ___ _ __  ___  ___  _ __ ___
    | |\/| | | | \___ \ / _ \ `_ \/ __|/ _ \| `__/ __|
    | |  | | |_| |___| |  __/ | | \__ \  _  | |  \__ \
    |_|  |_|\__, |____/ \___|_| |_|___/\___/|_|  |___/
            |___/                      2.2.0

16 MCO:BGN:INIT NODE,CP=RNNNA---,VER=2.2.0
    25 TSM:INIT
    26 TSF:WUR:MS=0
    33 TSM:INIT:TSP OK
    35 TSM:INIT:STATID=2
    37 TSF:SID:OK,ID=2
    39 TSM:FPAR
    75 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    81 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=255,c=3,t=8,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:0
    87 TSF:MSG:FPAR OK,ID=0,D=1
    2082 TSM:FPAR:OK
    2083 TSM:ID
    2084 TSM:ID:OK
    2086 TSM:UPL
    2089 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=24,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:1
    2100 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=255,c=3,t=25,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:1
    2105 TSF:MSG:PONG RECV,HP=1
    2107 TSM:UPL:OK
    2109 TSM:READY:ID=2,PAR=0,DIS=1
    2113 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=15,pt=6,l=2,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:0100
    2120 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=255,c=3,t=15,pt=6,l=2,sg=0:0100
    2127 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=255,c=0,t=17,pt=0,l=5,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:2.2.0
    2137 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:0
    2156 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:M
    2163 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=11,pt=0,l=19,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:Irrigation Ctrl (2)
    2173 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=12,pt=0,l=3,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:4.0
    2182 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=0,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    2189 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=1,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    2196 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=2,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    2204 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=3,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    2211 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=4,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    2219 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=5,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    2227 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=6,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    2232 MCO:REG:REQ
    2236 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=26,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:2
    2242 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=255,c=3,t=27,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:1
    2247 MCO:PIM:NODE REG=1
    2249 MCO:BGN:STP
    Initialising...
    Turning All Valves Off...
    Checking EEPROM for stored date:
    Retreiving last run time from EEPROM...
    Sensor Presentation Complete
    Ready...
    2907 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=1,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    Requesting time from Gateway:
    2932 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=255,c=3,t=1,pt=0,l=10,sg=0:1534904507
    Time value received and updated...
    Clock updated....
    Sensor's time currently set to: 02:21am ***** Should be 10:21am GMT +8 *******
    8/22/2018
    Wednesday 
    Calling for Valve 1 Data...
    3946 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=1,c=2,t=24,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    3966 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=1,c=1,t=24,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:5
    Recieved variable1 valve:1 = 5
    New Zone Times Recieved...
    Zone 1 individual time: 0 group time: 5 name: Zone 1
    Zone 2 individual time: 0 group time: 0 name: Zone 2
    Zone 3 individual time: 0 group time: 0 name: Zone 3
    Zone 4 individual time: 0 group time: 0 name: Zone 4
    Zone 5 individual time: 0 group time: 0 name: Zone 5
    Zone 6 individual time: 0 group time: 0 name: Zone 6
    4005 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=1,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    4065 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=1,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    4116 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=1,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:5
    Recieved variable2 valve:1 = 5
    Zone 1 individual time: 5 group time: 5 name: Zone 1
    4152 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=1,c=2,t=26,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    4212 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=1,c=2,t=26,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    4267 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=1,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:5
    Recieved variable2 valve:1 = 5
    Calling for Valve 2 Data...
    4303 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=2,c=2,t=24,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    4363 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=2,c=2,t=24,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    4417 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=1,c=1,t=26,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    Recieved variable3 valve: 1 = 0
    4425 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=2,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    4484 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=2,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    4543 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=2,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    4567 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=1,c=1,t=26,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    4602 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=2,c=2,t=26,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    4662 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=2,c=2,t=26,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    4717 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=2,c=1,t=24,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:8
    Recieved variable1 valve:2 = 8
    Zone 1 individual time: 5 group time: 5 name: 0
    Zone 2 individual time: 0 group time: 8 name: Zone 2
    Calling for Valve 3 Data...
    4781 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=3,c=2,t=24,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    4839 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=3,c=2,t=24,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    4868 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=2,c=1,t=24,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:8
    Recieved variable1 valve:2 = 8
    4898 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=3,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    4957 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=3,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    5016 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=3,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    5022 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=2,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:8
    Recieved variable2 valve:2 = 8
    Zone 2 individual time: 8 group time: 8 name: Zone 2
    5075 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=3,c=2,t=26,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    5135 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=3,c=2,t=26,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    5168 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=2,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:8
    Calling for Valve 4 Data...
    5222 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=4,c=2,t=24,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    5281 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=4,c=2,t=24,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    5318 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=2,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:8
    5340 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=4,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    5399 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=4,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    5458 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=4,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    5474 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=2,c=1,t=26,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    Recieved variable3 valve: 2 = 0
    5518 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=4,c=2,t=26,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    5577 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=4,c=2,t=26,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    5619 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=2,c=1,t=26,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    Calling for Valve 5 Data...
    5663 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=5,c=2,t=24,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    5722 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=5,c=2,t=24,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    5770 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=3,c=1,t=24,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:8
    Recieved variable1 valve:3 = 8
    Zone 2 individual time: 8 group time: 8 name: 0
    Zone 3 individual time: 0 group time: 8 name: Zone 3
    5805 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=5,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    5865 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=5,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    5931 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=5,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    5952 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=3,c=1,t=24,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:8
    Recieved variable1 valve:3 = 8
    5996 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=5,c=2,t=26,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    6055 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=5,c=2,t=26,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    6071 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=3,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:8
    Recieved variable2 valve:3 = 8
    Zone 3 individual time: 8 group time: 8 name: Zone 3
    Calling for Valve 6 Data...
    6142 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=6,c=2,t=24,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    6202 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=6,c=2,t=24,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    6220 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=3,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:8
    6261 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=6,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    6320 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=6,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    6371 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=3,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:8
    6379 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=6,c=2,t=26,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    6438 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=6,c=2,t=26,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    6498 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=6,c=2,t=26,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    6521 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=3,c=1,t=26,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    Recieved variable3 valve: 3 = 0
    6556 MCO:BGN:INIT OK,TSP=1
    6723 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=3,c=1,t=26,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    6927 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=4,c=1,t=24,pt=0,l=2,sg=0:12
    Recieved variable1 valve:4 = 12
    Zone 3 individual time: 8 group time: 8 name: 0
    Zone 4 individual time: 0 group time: 12 name: Zone 4
    7129 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=4,c=1,t=24,pt=0,l=2,sg=0:12
    Recieved variable1 valve:4 = 12
    7148 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=4,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=2,sg=0:12
    Recieved variable2 valve:4 = 12
    Zone 4 individual time: 12 group time: 12 name: Zone 4
    7331 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=4,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=2,sg=0:12
    7534 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=4,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=2,sg=0:12
    7736 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=4,c=1,t=26,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    Recieved variable3 valve: 4 = 0
    7754 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=4,c=1,t=26,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    7939 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=5,c=1,t=24,pt=0,l=2,sg=0:12
    Recieved variable1 valve:5 = 12
    Zone 4 individual time: 12 group time: 12 name: 0
    Zone 5 individual time: 0 group time: 12 name: Zone 5
    8141 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=5,c=1,t=24,pt=0,l=2,sg=0:12
    Recieved variable1 valve:5 = 12
    8344 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=5,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=2,sg=0:12
    Recieved variable2 valve:5 = 12
    Zone 5 individual time: 12 group time: 12 name: Zone 5
    8375 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=5,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=2,sg=0:12
    8546 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=5,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=2,sg=0:12
    8748 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=5,c=1,t=26,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    Recieved variable3 valve: 5 = 0
    8950 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=5,c=1,t=26,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    8970 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=6,c=1,t=24,pt=0,l=2,sg=0:10
    Recieved variable1 valve:6 = 10
    Zone 5 individual time: 12 group time: 12 name: 0
    Zone 6 individual time: 0 group time: 10 name: Zone 6
    9153 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=6,c=1,t=24,pt=0,l=2,sg=0:10
    Recieved variable1 valve:6 = 10
    9356 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=6,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=2,sg=0:10
    Recieved variable2 valve:6 = 10
    Zone 5 individual time: 12 group time: 12 name: 0
    Zone 6 individual time: 10 group time: 10 name: Zone 6
    9559 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=6,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=2,sg=0:10
    Recieved variable2 valve:6 = 10
    9577 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=6,c=1,t=26,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    Recieved variable3 valve: 6 = 0
    9760 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=6,c=1,t=26,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    9963 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=6,c=1,t=26,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0

EDIT - After the next openHab restart when the variables all got restored from Persistance they all show up right but now the node when reboot will not pick up the data see this node reboot log (Note Zone 1 group time 5 came through as I had forced a sendCommand on that single item - all other values restored from persistance - seems the same issue if they come from postUpdate also)

__  __       ____
    |  \/  |_   _/ ___|  ___ _ __  ___  ___  _ __ ___
    | |\/| | | | \___ \ / _ \ `_ \/ __|/ _ \| `__/ __|
    | |  | | |_| |___| |  __/ | | \__ \  _  | |  \__ \
    |_|  |_|\__, |____/ \___|_| |_|___/\___/|_|  |___/
            |___/                      2.2.0

16 MCO:BGN:INIT NODE,CP=RNNNA---,VER=2.2.0
    25 TSM:INIT
    26 TSF:WUR:MS=0
    33 TSM:INIT:TSP OK
    35 TSM:INIT:STATID=2
    37 TSF:SID:OK,ID=2
    39 TSM:FPAR
    75 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    388 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=255,c=3,t=8,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:0
    393 TSF:MSG:FPAR OK,ID=0,D=1
    2082 TSM:FPAR:OK
    2083 TSM:ID
    2084 TSM:ID:OK
    2086 TSM:UPL
    2089 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=24,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:1
    2100 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=255,c=3,t=25,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:1
    2105 TSF:MSG:PONG RECV,HP=1
    2107 TSM:UPL:OK
    2109 TSM:READY:ID=2,PAR=0,DIS=1
    2113 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=15,pt=6,l=2,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:0100
    2120 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=255,c=3,t=15,pt=6,l=2,sg=0:0100
    2128 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=255,c=0,t=17,pt=0,l=5,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:2.2.0
    2137 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:0
    2162 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:M
    2170 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=11,pt=0,l=19,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:Irrigation Ctrl (2)
    2180 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=12,pt=0,l=3,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:4.0
    2188 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=0,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    2195 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=1,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    2203 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=2,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    2210 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=3,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    2217 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=4,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    2226 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=5,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    2233 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=6,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    2239 MCO:REG:REQ
    2242 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=26,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:2
    2249 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=255,c=3,t=27,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:1
    2254 MCO:PIM:NODE REG=1
    2256 MCO:BGN:STP
    Initialising...
    Turning All Valves Off...
    Checking EEPROM for stored date:
    Retreiving last run time from EEPROM...
    Sensor Presentation Complete
    Ready...
    2914 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=1,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    Requesting time from Gateway:
    2939 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=255,c=3,t=1,pt=0,l=10,sg=0:1534915205
    Time value received and updated...
    Clock updated....
    Sensor's time currently set to: 05:20am
    8/22/2018
    Wednesday 
    Calling for Valve 1 Data...
    3952 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=1,c=2,t=24,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    3976 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=1,c=1,t=24,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:5
    Recieved variable1 valve:1 = 5
    Zone 1 individual time: 0 group time: 5 name: Zone 1
    4012 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=1,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    4072 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=1,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    4126 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=1,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    Recieved variable2 valve:1 = 0
    4134 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=1,c=2,t=26,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    4194 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=1,c=2,t=26,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    4253 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=1,c=2,t=26,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    4276 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=1,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    Recieved variable2 valve:1 = 0
    Calling for Valve 2 Data...
    4340 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=2,c=2,t=24,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    4399 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=2,c=2,t=24,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    4426 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=1,c=1,t=26,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    4458 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=2,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    4517 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=2,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    4611 !TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=2,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=NACK:
    4670 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=2,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=1,st=OK:
    4729 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=2,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    4736 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=1,c=1,t=26,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    4789 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=2,c=2,t=26,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    4848 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=2,c=2,t=26,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    4878 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=2,c=1,t=24,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    Recieved variable1 valve:2 = 0
    Calling for Valve 3 Data...
    4935 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=3,c=2,t=24,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    4995 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=3,c=2,t=24,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    5027 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=2,c=1,t=24,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    Recieved variable1 valve:2 = 0
    5054 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=3,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    5113 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=3,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    5173 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=3,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    5179 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=2,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    Recieved variable2 valve:2 = 0
    5232 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=3,c=2,t=26,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    5292 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=3,c=2,t=26,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    5328 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=2,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    Calling for Valve 4 Data...
    5379 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=4,c=2,t=24,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    5438 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=4,c=2,t=24,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    5479 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=2,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    5497 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=4,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    5557 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=4,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    5616 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=4,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    5632 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=2,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    5676 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=4,c=2,t=26,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    5735 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=4,c=2,t=26,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    5780 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=2,c=1,t=26,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    Calling for Valve 5 Data...
    5822 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=5,c=2,t=24,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    5881 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=5,c=2,t=24,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    5929 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=2,c=1,t=26,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    5941 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=5,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    6000 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=5,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    6060 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=5,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    6080 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=3,c=1,t=24,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    Recieved variable1 valve:3 = 0
    6119 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=5,c=2,t=26,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    6178 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=5,c=2,t=26,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    6231 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=3,c=1,t=24,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    Recieved variable1 valve:3 = 0
    Calling for Valve 6 Data...
    6267 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=6,c=2,t=24,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    6326 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=6,c=2,t=24,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    6381 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=3,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    Recieved variable2 valve:3 = 0
    6389 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=6,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    6448 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=6,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    6507 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=6,c=2,t=25,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    6531 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=3,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    6566 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=6,c=2,t=26,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    6626 TSF:MSG:SEND,2-2-0-0,s=6,c=2,t=26,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    6681 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=3,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    6689 MCO:BGN:INIT OK,TSP=1
    6884 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=3,c=1,t=26,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    7087 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=3,c=1,t=26,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    7288 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=4,c=1,t=24,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    Recieved variable1 valve:4 = 0
    7308 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=4,c=1,t=24,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    Recieved variable1 valve:4 = 0
    7491 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=4,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    Recieved variable2 valve:4 = 0
    7694 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=4,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    7897 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=4,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    7915 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=4,c=1,t=26,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    8099 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=4,c=1,t=26,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    8301 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=5,c=1,t=24,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    Recieved variable1 valve:5 = 0
    8504 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=5,c=1,t=24,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    Recieved variable1 valve:5 = 0
    8522 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=5,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    Recieved variable2 valve:5 = 0
    8706 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=5,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    8908 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=5,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    9111 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=5,c=1,t=26,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    9129 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=5,c=1,t=26,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    9313 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=6,c=1,t=24,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    Recieved variable1 valve:6 = 0
    9516 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=6,c=1,t=24,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    Recieved variable1 valve:6 = 0
    9718 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=6,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    Recieved variable2 valve:6 = 0
    9737 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=6,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    9921 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=6,c=1,t=25,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    10123 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=6,c=1,t=26,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    10326 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-2,s=6,c=1,t=26,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0

Sorry also just realised I am posting in an MQTT thread - I had an MQTT Gateway and now changed to Ethernet.

• Hi all, and thanks for the previous posts.

I was having the same issue where the Bridge would stay as INITIALIZING. My set up is a little different as I use Openhan on docker with the following volumes mounting in /opt/openhab:

-v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \
    -v /etc/timezone:/etc/timezone:ro \
    -v /opt/openhab/conf:/openhab/conf \
    -v /opt/openhab/userdata:/openhab/userdata \
    -v /opt/openhab/addons:/openhab/addons \
    -v /opt/openhab/.java:/openhab/.java \

I'm using OH2.3 with the Docker Image: openhab/openhab:2.3.0-amd64-debian and the location of the org.eclipse.smarthome.mqttbroker.cfg file is in /opt/openhab/userdata/config/org/eclipse/smarthome.

After making all the changes above I couldn't get the Brdige to work, until finally I downloaded the MySensors addon 2.4.0 from http://www.oberfoell.com/openhab2/org.openhab.binding.mysensors-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.jar as suggested by @MasMat and placed it in /opt/openhab/addons.

Immediately the status of the bridge changed to ONLINE.

Hope this helps sombedy.

C

• @masmat

Were You able to find out what is wrong regarding MQTT port 1883.0
    Suddenly I have the same error...no idea why. It was working just yesterday.

• This post is deleted!

• I am very new to openHAB but I am really getting crazy with it. I did exactly what was on top of the screen. But I get an error the MYSensors MQTT Gateway was initializing.. and never came out. So I continue too read and I switch to the binding v 2.4.0. But wathever I do I get an error:

mysensors:bridge-mqtt:gateway' changed from INITIALIZING to UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR): org/eclipse/smarthome/io/transport/mqtt/MqttActionCallback

I am not sure where to look and what to change. This is in my demo.things file.

Bridge mysensors:bridge-mqtt:gateway [ brokerName="mosquitto", topicPublish="mygateway1-in", topicSubscribe="mygatewa$
            temperature             temp01  [ nodeId=5, childId=0 ]
    }

org.eclipse.smarthome.mqttbroker.cfg:

name=mosquitto
    host=192.168.10.4 <- This points to the MySensors gateway PI (different then the openHAB)
    secure=false
    port=1883
    retain=false

Any idears what I can try?

• @martim I'm running OpenHAB with a few MYS sensors (and other subsystems) and I really like the system system. It is complex with a steep learning curve but incredibly flexible and powerful.

As for your problems with MYS/MQTT I have no solution but to use the direct connection over ethernet instead. I have tried switching to MQTT twice and failed miserably both times.

The MYS addon requires the new MQTT binding which easily collides with the old one. (The new MQTT binding is almost ready for release so it may have been fixed, if you are lucky.)

I don't know if the cause of this problem is with the OpenHAB MQTT bindings or with the MYS binding but it was not trivial to fix with the instructions available. As I could not really see any upside of using MQTT except to have an "all MQTT System" I went back to the ethernet connection which works fine.

I would recommend connecting it as ethernet connection first and get it working that way. Then you can switch to MQTT if you want to. The biggets hurdles are installation of supportive packages (mqtt and serial transports) and getting MQTT to work in parallel with MQTT binding version 1. If you post your logs (WARN level for the Mys binding) I can try help you decode it.

• @fredswed Hi, I really like MQTT so that is my prefered method. But I can try first on ethernet and then step back. I will try in the weekend since I am now a week away 😞 I used the latest version of the binding and also for MQTT.

• I spend again a few hours. I really want to get it to work with MQTT as I have my complete system based on it. But Apparently, the binding does not work and also the log does not say much. Only those errors:

2018-12-17 11:38:03.559 [ERROR] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Exception occurred while initializing handler of thing 'mysensors:bridge-mqtt:gateway': org/eclipse/sma
    ansport/mqtt/MqttActionCallback                                                                                                                                                 
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/smarthome/io/transport/mqtt/MqttActionCallback                                                                                      
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) ~[?:?]                                                                                                             
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:763) ~[?:?]                                                                                                       
            at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.defineClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:276) ~[?:?]                                                                    
            at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.classpath.ClasspathManager.defineClass(ClasspathManager.java:655) ~[?:?]                                                            
            at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.classpath.ClasspathManager.findClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:578) ~[?:?]                                                          
            at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.classpath.ClasspathManager.findLocalClassImpl(ClasspathManager.java:538) ~[?:?]                                                     
            at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.classpath.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass(ClasspathManager.java:525) ~[?:?]                                                         
            at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.findLocalClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:328) ~[?:?]                                                                 
            at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:368) ~[?:?]                                                                           
            at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:446) ~[?:?]                                                                        
            at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:395) ~[?:?]                                                                                
            at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:387) ~[?:?]                                                                                
            at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:150) ~[?:?]                                                                      
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357) ~[?:?]                                                                                                         
            at org.openhab.binding.mysensors.internal.protocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection.<init>(MySensorsMqttConnection.java:44) ~[?:?]                                          
            at org.openhab.binding.mysensors.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway.setup(MySensorsGateway.java:99) ~[?:?]                                                               
            at org.openhab.binding.mysensors.handler.MySensorsBridgeHandler.initialize(MySensorsBridgeHandler.java:81) ~[?:?]                                                       
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]                                                                                                   
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]                                                                                 
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]                                                                         
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]                                                                                                              
            at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [101:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh230]  
            at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [101:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh230]                                         
            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]                                                                                                       
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]                                                                                
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]                                                                                
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]                                                                                                                          
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.mqtt.MqttActionCallback cannot be found by org.openhab.binding.mysensors_2.4.0.201812040738     

• @martim Don't use the binding! Use plain MQTT.

I'd love to have a simple working binding but it isn't there yet. Use plain mqtt elements and it'll work great.

The new mqtt binding works. I don't like the mechanism needed to configure the broker, and then each thing, but works, and it is in fact more integrated with openhab than ever.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact me.

• java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/smarthome/io/transport/mqtt/MqttActionCallback

The new MQTT binding requires parts of the new automation engine. This is missing from your system for some reason. Should be automatically installed when MQTT or the MySensors binding are installed.

I'd love to have a simple working binding but it isn't there yet. Use plain mqtt elements and it'll work great.

This statement is not correct. The OH 2.4 release officially supports the new binding and if any errors are reported, they are getting fixed. The new binding allows Paper UI and textual configuration so there is no reason to start with mqtt1 nowadays.

Cheers,
    David

• @davidgraeff Yes David, you are correct. The new binding works. I'm in fact using it and with the corresponding changes on the items files its ok.

I would love some kind of auto discovery though. In order to create each thing you have to manually enter the topic (which on mysensors is very complex)

Anyways, I will try to edit previous message which is in fact wrong.

• @masmat Yes!!!! Thank you man. I found 2.4.0 thanks to your message and now it's working!

Love

• This post is deleted!

• Hi all, I am a Newbie an trying to get OH2.4 to work with MySensors nodes.
    I have a MYS Mqtt ethernet GW up&running (seems to work, can talk to other sensors)
    Now I can't get MQTT thing/broker/binding to work in OH2.4. I first tries the manual above, then I read that Musquitto is not needed any more....right??
    I have to use MQTT 2.4 Ting binding and MQTT broker right? -> I have installed this and have MQTT broker running on localhost (online) (no channels addes in MQTT broker)
    I have added in Things: MysensorsMQTT gateway: broker name: "MQTT Broker" and 'startup check' and 'sanity check' ON
    Then I checked from the CLI the file "org.eclipse.smarthome.mqtt.cfg" ->there was still the musquitto entries I made... Also in mqtt-eventbus.cfg was still broker=musquitto. What do I do with this??
    In OH log I get errors:

****2019-02-10 21:52:35.274 [me.event.ThingUpdatedEvent] - Thing 'mysensors:bridge-mqtt:9954d183' has been updated.

2019-02-10 21:52:35.682 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'mysensors:bridge-mqtt:9954d183' changed from UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR): org/openhab/binding/mysensors/internal/protocol/mqtt/MySensorsMqttConnection$MySensorsMqttPublishCallback to INITIALIZING

2019-02-10 21:52:35.685 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'mysensors:bridge-mqtt:9954d183' changed from INITIALIZING to UNINITIALIZED (HANDLER_INITIALIZING_ERROR): org/openhab/binding/mysensors/internal/protocol/mqtt/MySensorsMqttConnection$MySensorsMqttPublishCallback****

Next problem:
    I installed the MySensors Ethernet gateway thing in OH, configged it with IP of Arduino running the Mys GW. -> This Thing will NOT come 'online'. I can Ping the GW board, all looks OK in GW log:

0 MCO:BGN:INIT GW,CP=RNNGA---,REL=255,VER=2.3.1
    4 TSM:INIT
    5 TSF:WUR:MS=0
    11 TSM:INIT:TSP OK
    13 TSM:INIT:GW MODE
    15 TSM:READY:ID=0,PAR=0,DIS=0
    17 MCO:REG:NOT NEEDED
    580 GWT:TPC:IP=192.168.178.87
    1583 MCO:BGN:STP
    1585 MCO:BGN:INIT OK,TSP=1
    1588 GWT:TPC:IP=192.168.178.87
    2590 GWT:RMQ:MQTT RECONNECT
    2798 GWT:RMQ:MQTT CONNECTED
    2801 GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway1-out/0/255/0/0/18,MSG SENT
    2807 TSM:READY:NWD REQ
    2844 TSF:MSG:SEND,0-0-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=20,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    0 MCO:BGN:INIT GW,CP=RNNGA---,REL=255,VER=2.3.1
    4 TSM:INIT
    5 TSF:WUR:MS=0
    11 TSM:INIT:TSP OK
    13 TSM:INIT:GW MODE
    15 TSM:READY:ID=0,PAR=0,DIS=0
    17 MCO:REG:NOT NEEDED
    580 GWT:TPC:IP=192.168.178.87
    1583 MCO:BGN:STP
    1585 MCO:BGN:INIT OK,TSP=1
    1588 GWT:TPC:IP=192.168.178.87
    2590 GWT:RMQ:MQTT RECONNECT
    2798 GWT:RMQ:MQTT CONNECTED
    2800 GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway1-out/0/255/0/0/18,MSG SENT
    2807 TSM:READY:NWD REQ
    2844 TSF:MSG:SEND,0-0-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=20,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    3810 TSF:MSG:READ,254-254-0,s=255,c=3,t=21,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:0
    3815 GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway1-out/254/255/3/0/21,MSG SENT
    636790 TSF:MSG:READ,254-254-0,s=255,c=3,t=0,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:99
    636795 GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway1-out/254/255/3/0/0,MSG SENT
    637304 TSF:MSG:READ,254-254-0,s=255,c=3,t=1,pt=0,l=0,sg=0:
    637309 GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway1-out/254/255/3/0/1,MSG SENT
    637815 TSF:MSG:READ,254-254-0,s=1,c=1,t=16,pt=2,l=2,sg=0:0
    637820 GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway1-out/254/1/1/0/16,MSG SENT
    637827 TSF:MSG:READ,254-254-0,s=1,c=1,t=15,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:1
    637832 GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway1-out/254/1/1/0/15,MSG SENT
    637838 TSF:MSG:READ,254-254-0,s=7,c=1,t=0,pt=4,l=4,sg=0:44
    637844 GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway1-out/254/7/1/0/0,MSG SENT
    637850 TSF:MSG:READ,254-254-0,s=255,c=3,t=0,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:99
    637855 GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway1-out/254/255/3/0/0,MSG SENT
    900006 TSF:SAN:OK

How do I proceed? Ive tried to find more posts on getting MySensors to work under OH24 but I think it is sooo simple that nobody has any problems to post....right?!
    Hope you guys can get this Newbie back on track.... thx a lot!

• Hi @rene-mullie,

Seems like the mysensors binding mqtt gw doesnt play nice with the mosquitto broker. You can try running the embedded broker of openhab (paperUi->addons->misc->embedded broker i beleive). Dont forget to configure it under services->misc (not shure since im on my phone right now). And connect your mqtt gateway to this broker. I was not succesful in this because i need the embedded broker on port 1884 since i allready have mosquitto on port 1883 for other stuff. And i <think> mysensors mqtt gateway doesnt want to connect to 1884 but 1883. But you can give it a try. If you have ethernet gateway going and dont have plans to use different controllers (for example to do FOTA updates) i would stick to the ethernet gw for now. Greets

• I have configged the embedded broker in right way, broker is online on localhost.
    I tried to connect Mys mqtt gateway to Embedded mqtt broker in paper UI:

Broker Name
    MQTT Broker (-> not sure about this name....??)
    name of the MQTT broker as defined in the org.eclipse.smarthome.mqtt.cfg file``` (-> if I check this cfg file there is NOTHING about the embedded broker, only old Musquitto stuf...)

All is on default port 1883 on both sides...

I get fault in OH log file:

2019-02-10 23:40:56.626 [ERROR] [al.protocol.ip.MySensorsIpConnection] - Failed connecting to bridge...next retry in 10 seconds (Retry No.:15)

• broker name is "embedded-mqtt-broker"

• @waspie tried that, still same errors...
    What should be the entries in the org.eclipse.smarthome.mqtt.cfg file ?

• @rene-mullie delete it

• @rene-mullie if im not mistaken that file is to configure mqtt v1 and your using mqtt v2

• Thx4 your support! I gave up on fixing the old install and started over with brand new install of OH2.4: All was up&running in 45mins!! MQTT2.4 with embedded broker works like a charm. On top the Mysensors MQTT GW Ting was online with 1-click! All my MYsensor nodes where recognized immediately! What a relief!
    Hope someone will update Mysensors docu so others will be spared the pain...

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics