s_cover commands, doubts??

• what is the correct way to send the commands ,...V_UP V_DOWN V_STOP ..., to controller (vera) ? Indicating the status Open ... closed etc

MyMessage msg_S_COVER_U(CHILD_PORTAO_INT, V_UP);

send(msg_S_COVER_U.set(V_UP)); ?
    send(msg_S_COVER_U.set("Up")); ?
    send(msg_S_COVER_U.set(Up)); ?
    send(msg_S_COVER_U.set(UP)); ?
    send(msg_S_COVER_U.set(1)); ?

I ask this because my home app (homebridge-vera) do not update status . then i look for solution

• @giva I have similar confusion over this - did you get a solution and if so can you knidly share it? 😉

I have up. down and stop working from buttons and controller, but can't work out how to get feedback to controller without more child_id's being used.

• This worked for me in Home Assistant:

MyMessage fadeCtrl(CHILD_ID_FADE_CTRL, V_PERCENTAGE); // one child ID

fadeCtrl.setType(V_DOWN); 
      send (fadeCtrl.set(true)); // enable down
      fadeCtrl.setType(V_UP);
      send (fadeCtrl.set(false)); // disable up

fadeCtrl.setType(V_STOP); 
      send (fadeCtrl.set(false)); // disable stop

fadeCtrl.setType(V_STATUS);
      send (fadeCtrl.set(level)); // update position

• Noble @skywatch , I migrated to home assitant, where everything is easier, faster and more dynamic. I would suggest that you migrate as well. if you have a lot of zwave devices, you can leave them in vera because there is a plugin to integrate vera in the home assistant. in addition to new experiences with mqtt, node red, etc.
    Sorry about my bad English

• @electrik and @giva Thanks for the help - I am trying to work out if the V_UP etc are bidirectional, That is, can controller send V_UP to make blind go up and then when it reaches its up limit can V_UP be used to send that info back to the controller. Are all the V_x in S_COVER binary values?

@giva As an aside I use MyController (new version 2.0 is in the works) and have no issues with mysensors and NRF24 modules (with occasional corrupted data which I have yet to find the root cause of)...... Thanks for the promotion to nobility, hope I get more money with that! 😉

• @skywatch said in s_cover commands, doubts??:

That is, can controller send V_UP to make blind go up and then when it reaches its up limit can V_UP be used to send that info back to the controller. Are all the V_x in S_COVER binary values?

Yes, the binary values in fact enable and disable the buttons on the controller. So if the cover is up, you send false for the up child, and the button will be disabled.

• @electrik I have working code but want to re-write it and thinking out loud of ways to accomplish the desired result - thanks for the input.

• @skywatch Kkkkkkkkkkkk. Great joke !!

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics