Anyone using FlashForge Finder?

• Hi,

Just wondering if anyone is using (or has used) this printer?

• Yes, and I am very pleased with it.

• @mickecarlsson Thanks for the reply.

I got one back in the summer but not had a lot of time to play with it (5 hours use so far)..... But I have a problem with getting prints to 'stick' to the bed. They always seem to 'lift' at the corners.

How do you use yours and have you seen the same thing?

Thanks.

• Print with a rim. There is a tickbox for it.

• @mickecarlsson Thanks - I'll take a look at that.

I did the 'Martian' keyring without problem, but all further prints have lifted. I have tried a few from thingiverse (like shelf hangers and 3D moon) and all have lifted.

I have used glue stick on the bed, but still have the problem. I also will try and re-calibrate the head and bed leveling when I get time.

How do you calibrate your printer and is there any good user forums out there you have found to be worthwhile?

Thanks for the response πŸ™‚

• I bought Buildtak that I replaced the bed with. I don’t use glue. I did print out a couple of calibration figures that I downloaded from Thingiverse. After a couple of re-calibrations and printing with the calibration figures I have not touched the calibration again.
    However, when I printed the MySensors box from Thingiverse the corners still lifted.
    That was when I found the suggestion to print with a rim.
    Now my prints never lift.
    I also clean the bed after each print with IPA.

• @mickecarlsson Thanks for the info -

Do you have a foolproof way to caibrate? Do you level the bed and then calibrate the extruder or the other way around? Any hints or tricks you can share?

I have some renewed confidence to have another try with this now. Maybe if it is raining this weekend..... πŸ˜‰

• Just do a regular calibration. Just hand tight the knobs, no force needed. Then start the calibration. Slowly rotate the knob until it the printer beeps. When the calibration is done. Print one of these that fits the bed thingiverse calibration
    Carefully check the result. You should have a consistent print. If not, twist the knob closest to where you need to move re-calibrate. Thin line, the bed need to be closer to the nozzle, thick line that curls, move the bed away.
    Note, when turning the knobs, just move it 1/4th turn each time. And make a note wich knob, the direction (clock wise or counter clock wise).

To get more info, search on youtube for flash forge finder calibration, there are a lot of videos there.

• @mickecarlsson Yesterday I finally got time and did an acceptable calibration print.

I first calibrated the extruder head and then leveled the bed after that. The IPA trick works a treat and has helped a lot I think.

Thanks for your advice and time - now on to printing some really useful things..... πŸ™‚

• @skywatch You say that you have problems with your prints lifting at the corners. What material are you printing? If you are running ABS, ABS has a high tendency to lift if your heat bed is not hot enough. I typically run my bed for ABS at about 100c to 103c which is about the upper limit of my bed. They say ABS should have around 110c for the heat bed. The other thing is printing with an enclosure. If you are running PLA then the heat bed temp shouldn't matter as much. I run PLA at around 60c to 70c for the bed.

• @dbemowsk the Flashforge Finder dont have a heatbed and only uses PLA. And if you dont clean the bed with IPA it will lift. I always print with brim just to be sure.

• @mickecarlsson Did not know that.

• @dbemowsk Yes I use PLA, it is a PLA printer.

I am getting better results on some things now. I still have a lot to learn about this, it is not as easy as I thought it would be, but I am making progress and that is good.

Small upright prints are (like knobs) are fine, it is the sprawling prints with a thinner flat area that are the issue. Cleaning with IPA and using a rub of glue stick seems to help a lot, as has re-calibrating the extruder and re-leveling the bed.

Does anyone know where to get the latest firmware for the finder plus? I can't see any download page on the FF web site.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics