WiFi Gateway on raspberry

• Hi,
    I saw the ESP8266 wifi gateway and i was wondering if i can use the on board wifi of raspberry as a wifi gateway. I have a new Sonoff wifi switch and i would like to control it through home assistant in raspberry if it is possible.
    Thank you.

• Mod

• Yes, but i already have made a serial gateway on raspberry with these instructions. Can i have serial and ethernet gateway at the same time?

• Mod

@badisensors yes some people have connected two radios to their raspberry pi.

• I think i am little confused. I just want to control my wifi Sonoff switch with my homeassistant. I saw these instructions https://www.mysensors.org/build/sonoff
    where i can reprogramm the Sonoff ESP but i dont understand how it will communicate with homeassistant. Do i need also a separate wifi gateway or the Sonoff switch will be able to communicate with my controller through my LAN?
    Thank you for your time to answer me.

• Mod

@badisensors thanks for explaining. I am not familiar with Sonoff but according to the build page the sonoff will be its own gateway and communicate with Home Assistant using mqtt. There is no beed for a separate gateway.

• Ok i will give it a try and i will tell you. Thanks

• I have problem to verify the sketch of Sonoff and i tried also ESP8266 gateway and also i cant verify. Arduino IDE returns the error:

Arduino: 1.8.7 (Windows Store 1.8.15.0) (Windows 10), Board: "NodeMCU 1.0 (ESP-12E Module), 80 MHz, Flash, 4M (1M SPIFFS), v2 Higher Bandwidth, Disabled, None, Only Sketch, 115200" In file included from \Arduino\libraries\MySensors/MySensors.h:405:0, from \Arduino\libraries\MySensors\examples\GatewayESP8266\GatewayESP8266.ino:132: \Arduino\libraries\MySensors/hal/architecture/ESP8266/MyMainESP8266.cpp:57:53: error: declaration of C function 'void ets_update_cpu_frequency(int)' conflicts with extern "C" void ets_update_cpu_frequency(int freqmhz); ^ In file included from \ArduinoData\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.4.2\cores\esp8266/pgmspace.h:10:0, from \ArduinoData\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.4.2\cores\esp8266/Arduino.h:256, from sketch\GatewayESP8266.ino.cpp:1: \ArduinoData\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.4.2/tools/sdk/include/ets_sys.h:218:6: error: previous declaration 'void ets_update_cpu_frequency(uint32_t)' here void ets_update_cpu_frequency(uint32_t ticks_per_us);

What its wrong?

• Mod

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics