Perfboard and Arduino

• I'm looking to get some more solid design for my blind controller, and I was looking into perfboard with wires. It seems like it will be really difficult to get all the connections I need with soldering pads together alone so wire would be needed.

I was wondering what is the best strategy to connect the arduino to other components? Should I first solder the pins onto the arduino, place the arduino in the perfboard and then wrap the wire around the pin at the bottom of the board and solder (with all wires running on the bottom of the perfboard)? Or should I solder the pins to the board itself, connect two pads together, and then run a wire from the connected pad on top of the board to another pad?

Or is there an entirely better way to do this?

Thanks!

@naveen

"Should I first solder the pins onto the arduino, place the arduino in the perfboard and then wrap the wire around the pin at the bottom of >the board and solder"

That's how I use to do it, but have now started to use headers. That way if I have a major component goes bad, it's a simple 'plug and play' fix.

EDIT: The better way would be to have a pcb designed to integrate the Arduino, Radio, Power Supply and IO post, so wire would only be needed from the IO Pins out.

20140904_201308_Android.jpg

• I also was soldering Arduino directly on board with wires but got crazy. Started to use pin headers for arduino + radio to be able to replace them easiliy and then I used a 3-lane strip board to be more easy to solder cables, capacitors etc

upload-d1532ad4-ee64-4cb4-a295-3492f0d279fe
    http://www.conrad.com/ce/en/product/529618/WR-Rademacher-VK-C-790-5-Soldering-Strips-Grid-Board-WR-type-790-5-L-x-W-x-H-160-x-100-x-15-mm-Grid-pitch-254-mm-HP

• Cool, thanks for the advice!

• Hey all,

I"ve got a question about wire wrap, I bought some from a local electronics store but it seems that there isn't traditional insulation on the wire, it seems more like a paint. Is this typical? Or did I buy the wrong thing....

It's 26AWG

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics