Datalogging sensors to Nimbits

• Hardware Contributor

Hi!

I have always been interested in datalogging (temp, humidity...) and also home automation. I have looked at different hardware but most out there does not give enough options. Then i learned about this from the swedish site byggahus.se. This looks really promising.

Now i will try to create a sensor network and monitor my house health. I dont own a vera and dont want to at the moment so i will try to use a ethernet shield and upload data to nimbits. I will create a android application and fetch data from the database.

All gratitude and glory to the mysensor team! Great work! So far the best and coolest thing ever in this area!!!

A couple of questions, since i wont send data to vera i will create my own gateway but if possible use the liberaries for the radio/sensor network. Is this possible?

The Mysensor and Sensor liberary controls the sensor network and "MyGateway" controls the communication to the vera? Is it possible to exclude MyGateway liberary and start experimenting with the other liberaries? I already have liberaries and code for sending data to nimbits.

Br
    Andreas

• Code Contributor

@sundberg84
    Based on what you describe I would propose that you make use of the MyGateway code. MyGateway essentially offers a way to communicate between the sensor network and the "outside world". With the three gateways available in the examples section that's either via serial (RS232) or ethernet (simple socket communication) or via MQTT (again ethernet but MQTT standard communication). You probably will end up combining the MyGateway class (or one of the gateway examples) with your code talking to nimbits and create the MySensors "NimbitsGateway" 🙂

• Mod

@sundberg84 said:

Is it possible to exclude MyGateway liberary and start experimenting with the other libraries?

MyGateway makes the board a 'gateway' between the sensors and the controller.
    You can not just take it out as far as I know.

For the controller you can take a look at the plugin code of the mentioned controllers.
    The Vera plugin is, I believe, the 'mother' of all plugins.
    It was my starting point to create the plugin for Indigo so I would take a look at it if I were you...

• Hardware Contributor

Thanks all for yoruba replies! I also read about mysensors cloud, maybe this is something for me instead of Nimbits. Ill keep you posted here if I get some where whit the Nimbits question.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics