Newbie Gateway

• Hi Folks,

I'm new at this, but am getting ready to give it a go.

I'm a bit confused by the Ethernet/MQTT gateway - in the pictures there seems to be a breadboard but I can't see what's connected to it and for what reason, also as they both need 3.3, how do I give that voltage to both of them?

Also any particular Arduino best for a gateway? I saw someone was having trouble with a nano fitting the code in memory, am I best to get a Uno for this one?

Thanks,
    Brett

• Check the connecting radio and Connecting Ethernet Gateway. And get some 5.0->3.3v voltage regulators. Dirt cheap on ebay.

For ease of use I would go with the Uno + W5100 shield. Not that much more expensive vs using a Pro Mini, you will have less wiring. And then use Pro Mini's for sensors..

• Is a Nano better than a Pro Mini? I read it was more USB ready and easier to use, with the 3.3v and 5v being provided on the board pre-regulated and here in the UK it's actually cheaper than a Pro Mini.

• Yes, Nano is a bit bigger, but have own usb-serial chip so you can program it directly and have onboard 5-3.3 output. Keep forgetting that:) So if size is not an issue, got with the Nano...

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics