Using the 3.3V pin to power NRF24L01+

• Maybe a stupid questian from a newbie but do I really need a 3.3V regulator if I power the NRF24L01+ from the 3.3V pin and the arduino is powered from a USB?

• for the normal nrf this is ok, but if you are amplified version with antenna the onboard regulator of the arduino will not give enough current.

• @Anduril said:

normal nrf this is ok, but if you are amplified version with antenna the onboard

Thank you. It just for a test enviroment just now and the regulator is on its way in 🙂

• For the purposes of low power mode, does the mysensors code put the NRF radios into low power mode when not in use, and so even if powered by the constant 3.3v, it will be using minimal power? I've got a project that I thought would run for several months on a battery, but it dies in a few days, and I'm trying to track down the cause.. I am sleeping for 15 minutes between transmits, and just want to make sure there's nothing specific I should be doing to put the radio in low power mode?

• Mod

@172pilot calling sleep will power down the radio. The nrf should consume 900nA in power down mode. Which mcu are you using? If you're using Pro Mini, have you removed the led and regulator? More information on battery powering: https://www.mysensors.org/build/battery

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics