💬 Extreme Energy Harvester

It worked on the first try! Initial measurements show that with as little as 26mv of input voltage and no more than 1ma of current, it can output 4.5v. To characterize it more precisely, I'll need a more exacting voltage/current source so that I may discover exactly what the minimum threshholds are. Anyone here have any suggestions/recommendations as to what equipment I might use for that kind of testing?

Perhaps answering my own question, I ordered one of these (it was $84, including delivery, during Black Friday) in order to properly characterize ultra low power energy harvesting circuits: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33031557247.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.6f673c009dbs4n&mp=1

Ignoring its multimeter aspects, what remains is essentially a precision CV CC micropower supply intended for use as a calibrator. It has both microamp and microvolt output resolution, and the advertised accuracy (0.015% to 0.02%), if true, seems pretty good for the price. I should be able to calibrate a uCurrent Gold with it, for example.

It may not arrive until much later in the month though.

If anyone else wants to get one too, the normal price through this vendor is around $104, which to me still seems like a good price. I'm not sure why it's currently priced at $153, unless maybe it's in temporary short supply following the big Black Friday sale.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics