PI won't restart / 100% CPU

• Hardware Contributor

This might not be the perfect forum for my question but I guess I am not the only one here running domoticz on a raspberry pi (B in my case) as a controller for mysensors. Everything was working fine for me for more than half a year but recently I noticed that my pi was running at around 100% cpu utilization for some months (according to the sensor data in domoticz).
    I coudn't ssh to it (using putty from windows I got some software error message), so I tried to restart it using the panel in domoticz. I guess that just restarts the software though, anyways it did not help. So I tried to restart it by pulling the power and now it won't start up anymore. The power led is constantly on (red) and one other flashes 2 times (twice) and then stays off. Google told me this means the sd card can't be read. I had some similar issues when installing the system where it was running without any problems until I tried to restart. Since then it's been running without problems (but also without a restart).
    Any ideas how to fix this?

• Hardware Contributor

I have seen some issues on Domoticz forum about some versions causing 100% CPU (bugs).
    Maybe you can verify you dont run one of those versions...

If you pulled the power without using any command, you have probably corrupted the sd-card. The storage is pretty sensitive to power issues. You need to take the sd-card out, format it and reflash domoticz.

• Hardware Contributor

@sundberg84 Yes, thank you. I have just reflashed to another sd card hoping that it runs fine now (and it does for now). I will check the domoticz version later. I am currently running 2.3530, although I don't know if thats the same one as before the crash.
    I just did not know what else to do when I cound't reach the pi via ssh^^ Bad idea I guess.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics