Problems uploading to nano's once used as sensors.

• Hi,

Been using a couple of nano's as prototypes before I move onto the minis', the usb power and serial connection are great for debugging etc. however I seem to have an issue re-programming them.

Originally I installed the bootloader and then uploaded via usb. However once successfully uploaded I seem to be unable to repeat the process.. maybe because the sketches immediately go to sleep?

I've tried (a) usb update (b) USBTINYISP bootloader and (c) USBTINYISP sketch upload. Essentially all three methods describe the nano's as non responsive. I can ironically use the serial over usb to monitor them, so they are alive.

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

• Don't know if it's the same problem but I found out the hard way that it's not possible to upload something to a Nano (or maybe all boards with USB) when BOTH the USB and the serial port (directly via TXD/RXD) are connected to a computer.
    The IDE says amongst others that "programmer is not responding".

So make sure to disconnect the TXD/RXD connection from your computer before uploading something via the USB-connection.

If this is not the problem you have then I don't know what else can cause your problem...

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics