My 2 new nodes : one hacked enclosure and one 3d printed

• Hello

I want to share my new projects with you. I've made 2 new mysensors nodes for my house.

1 - Motion sensor on battery -with hacked enclosure.
    I've found on a local retailer a motion sensor with leds (2 $ cost) lol
    It was perfect to hold a mysensors node. so I just opened it replace original electronic with my own. (atmega 328p running at 8mhz, nrf24l01 and motion sensor). Now, some pics of the node

The final node :
    alt text

alt text

alt text

2 - The second node is a gateway for replace the one I actually have. I've designed a pcb to hold an arduino nano and the radio. (I've also added some sensors inputs to use the pcb for other things).

The pcb
    alt text

For this one I've designed and printed a little ABS enclosure with my prusa
    alt text

alt text

At the end, for visual purpose I've applied a smoothing and polishing process with acetone

The final node :
    alt text

Hope you'll like the projects πŸ˜‰

• Hardware Contributor

A really nice job, I love the gateway enclosure !
    If you have some reception problems, you might want to increase the size a little bit to get the radio antenna away from the pro mini, the best is to have the antenna outside the PCB area: nothing close below it, nothing on the sides.

What PIR sensor did you use in the first node ?

• Thanks for the compliment.
    About your questions : for this pcb I have "nothing" under the radio antenna (no copper trace) but I've not think about the arduino nano on the side ^^. But that's ok, the node is working great for my house (about 50 meters max)
    For the first node, I use a classic HC-SR501 from Ebay. It works like a charm πŸ™‚

Another pic of the 3d printed enclosure. it's 50x50mm (external dimensions)
    alt text

• Acetone "steam" or just rubbing ? Or both ?

Congrats, pure Apple design πŸ™‚ looks gorgeous

• Thanks for your compliment.
    It's only acetone steam (only cold steam because I dont like the idea to burn acetone).
    The treatment is very simple : 3 hours in a closed box with 2 kitchen sponges on wich I versed the acetone.

• About the enclosure. We don't see very Well on the pics but I have extruded a mysensors text on the internal face of the top part. By doing this, the letters let the light of the arduino led pass through the plastic. It give a great effect

alt text

• @linkos that’s art mate! Very very nice

• thanks 😊

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics