Xod IDE

• Mod

Since it's vacation time and I have some free time, I stumbled upon this Xod IDE that provides a graphical programming interface like node-red but it actually generates arduino code and I thought it would be a step up for nodemanager from @user2684 . What do you guys say?

• Hardware Contributor

@gohan said in Xod IDE:

Xod IDE

Looks nice. That makes me remember Flowcode, that I never used (just tried for curiosity)..
    When you dev, then I always wonder how looks the generated code, how efficient, what are the hw limitations, or the downsides when used in combination with more complex code etc.. it's easier to run inefficient code on rpi than on our regular mcus.
    But for noobs, sure that's a good initiative, and maybe this will work well đź‘Ť

• Mod

In fact I said it would be a step up for nodemanager that it's main purpose it to allow a rapid development of nodes. If XOD nodes are written with the right supervision, they could contain all the best practices for the coding and make them available to noobs. Also it could be a starting point when approaching mysensors and using the sensbender or NewbiePCB from @sundberg84

• Hardware Contributor

@gohan
    of course, I agree with you for the noob approach.
    I just wanted to point there are always limitations, especially when there are lot of abstraction layer. I played with Actum Realizer, when I was a teenager, but I didn't start learning coding with visual tools, and I don't know if I would advise that or maybe for first lessons..
    That said i can't disagree, nodered is a very nice tool!
    Maybe this project will be nice (I think there are maybe some others projects like that), and I wish them to success , sure the combo you're mentioning would be fun to see! (visual tools+mysensors+nodmanager).

• Contest Winner

@gohan lovely project! I will definitely investigate if an integration with NodeManager would be feasible/simple to do. Thanks!

• Mod

Well, it would need to be a mysensors project since it requires specific functions to be added in code; it is not as easy as adding code for a potentiometer or a servo motor.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics