Goal: new alarm system for our house.
- Support of both wireless and wired sensors
- If the home automation controller fails (e.g. power surge), then the alarm system shall remain operational
My Architecture idea/ proposal:
- ‘Controller interface 1’: only Alarm system logic on a micro controller for reliability (Arduino)
- ‘Controller interface 2’: only status reading (Homeassistant)
Illustration of situation:
- Is the following architecture suitable for my main requirement? I do not understand how to e.g. combine the two, serial and Ethernet, controllers
- Can I combine the alarm system logic in the mysensors gateway?
- Other suggestions based on your experience?
- I’ve searched but was not able to find an example of a comparable situation, but if there exists one…
Thanks a lot in advance!