My project has 1 gateway + 5 node with temperature sensor and it is installed in orchard.
All node is within 20meter from gateway but seems there are a lot of packet loss.
I bought module from aliexpress which is mysensors link (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1sets-Special-promotions-1100-meter-long-distance-NRF24L01-PA-LNA-wireless-modules-with-antenna/32341792715.html)
Communication was fine in the office but when I install in the orchard it loose some data.
I did try a lot of things on the web.
Here is the list I have been try to solve the problem but no luck yet.
- 800mA 3.3V LDO saperate Power to the module
- 2x 10uF LDO in/out
- 100UF Al Cap, 2x 10UF ceramic Capacitor on base board
- 100uF , 2x 10uf On the module
- warp the module with tinfoil
- bigger antenna ( a little bit improved)
- 3M corded antenaa ( no difference)
- change mysensors config to MY_RF24_PA_LEVEL RF24_PA_MAX ( no difference)
Is there any other option?
It's really strange, the module specification is 1km but even not working properly within 20meter..
I don't think there is interference because it is installed rural area..
Sorry for bad English;;