Python module

• Hey guys,

I am developing my own controller as my final project to get my degree. So, I decided to develop my own python module too, since I know just one (pymysensors) and don't agree with some its "structures".

Then, I would like if my module is useful for someone or if someone have any question or suggestion, just let me know, I would be thankful.

https://github.com/alfredocdmiranda/pymys

• Hej. Nice! Python is interesting. I will follow your work and try it out. Unfortunately, I'm a only a newbie in the Mysensors world and with very limited programming skills. Yesterday my first Sensebender temperatures showed up in Domoticz. But some testing can I do.
    My few suggestions are, keep it simple and make it easy to view in mobile (Android) :). Raspberry and easy WIFI, LAN, WAN setup would be nice. Widgets, but that is maybe out of scope.
    Good luck!

• Hey @finge thanks for your interest and your suggestions. I am developing my controller based on Home Assistant, which is also written in Python in have a lot of interesting features. However, I think they leak a little bit about user settings (you have to set all stuffs inside the configuration file in your server) and they don't have a very good support to MySensors (just support sensors, you can't turn on/off lights, ... So, yeah, I want to implement all that stuffs which you said. 😄

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics