ESP8266 and Start inclusion doesnt work

• Hi,

Anybody any idea why my ESP8266 start inclusion button doesnt work? The gateway itself is functioning fine! When I try to press the start button when I would like to add sensors, doesnt do anything, I did not try the hardware way by installing a push button, but it should work right? I did use the latest development branch (2.2.0-beta) but no movement at all, as soon as I revert back to my serial gateway, all is fine (luckely)...

0_1500276624700_upload-25babf12-364f-4646-a453-2ebef9101519

If anybody has a bright idea, please let me know!

Thanks you in advance!

Kind regards

Richard

• I am having the same issue with RPI 3 ethernet gateway, vera says connected but nothing happens when i hit the pair button, also MYScontroller i see sensor and they talking so i think the gateway and sensors are working.

• @stress-nero said in ESP8266 and Start inclusion doesnt work:

I am having the same issue with RPI 3 ethernet gateway, vera says connected but nothing happens when i hit the pair button, also MYScontroller i see sensor and they talking so i think the gateway and sensors are working.

Got mine working, used the 2.1.1 library and now it works... Finally wireless... 🙂

• when i use that library i cant get the it to run it always fails after make but it runs when i use the beta? can you post your steps also for the ip address we supposed to use the veras ip correct?

• @stress-nero

Well in the end it was not that hard, I did use DHCP at my server to serve an 'static' ip address, included the correct ip address in the mysensors plugin and tada... It did include a lot or lua reloads and reboots...

• @riochicken I figured it out, i am using rpi3 and apparently a couple files in the mysensors folder needed to be edited. Now since you use vera when building the sensors are you making any special edits or just using defaults from the sketches. I see some people have sleep times and other small adjustments.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics