@MagnusF Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. Then the value could be calculated to show as a percentage of wetness. Also, the icon that would show on my Vera controller would be a water drop. I am going to try this tonight.
does someone solved this fault also for Ethernet Gateway? While trying to adapt Sensebender Gateway to Ethernet, I get following messages:
error: 'IPAddress' does not name a type IPAddress _ethernetGatewayIP(MY_IP_ADDRESS);
error: 'EthernetServer' does not name a type
followed by some more, expected to result from the above mentioned.
when nano opens hit ctrl-w to search for "MY_INCLUSION" and then remove the // marks before #define to enable inclusion mode on your pi gateway.
after that reboot and it should start to work. If you need to see what your gateway is doing I suggest enabling debug (Explained from the Pi Gateway installation from this site ... copied and pasted below for quick reference)
When installed as a service, the output of the gateway will be directed to syslog in /var/log/syslog.
If you want full debug output from the gateway to be logged to syslog (including serial protocol) you have to edit the following file: /etc/systemd/system/mysgw.service
Add the -d parameter to the ExecStart line
hit control+x to exit and it will ask you if you want to save hit y and then enter.
Then reload the systemd process and restart the gateway
Now the output from the gateway can be monitored by
tail -f /var/log/syslog
Everything your Pi gateway is doing will be logged in real time in your putty or terminal window from the syslog file. Remove the -d from the /etc/systemd/system/mysgw.service file to remove all the debug info.
When you enable debug you should be able to see that the gateway is listening for the children nodes. you may have to plug your children into your computer via usb and open arduino IDE and hit command+shift+M to open the serial monitor to see if your child node is working and broadcasting a signal properly.
@riochicken I figured it out, i am using rpi3 and apparently a couple files in the mysensors folder needed to be edited. Now since you use vera when building the sensors are you making any special edits or just using defaults from the sketches. I see some people have sleep times and other small adjustments.
@camadort Let me know if you have trouble. Someone else was emailing me about this issue and they mentioned this thread. I thought it was you, but it wasn't. I don't know if he got his going or not.
Anyways, his email to me prompted me to do a blog post on my website about this topic. http://dan.bemowski.info/2017/07/04/using-a-sonoff-with-espeasy-and-a-vera-home-controller/
I have a link to the zip file with the three HttpSwitch files. These files have exactly what I posted above, but they are the actual files pulled from my vera in the event that you have trouble creating your own with the above code. It also has instructions on configuring both the device and the Vera side of things.
I have just found and fixed this problem. I know it is very old but in the D_Multimeter1.json file there are 6 references to :arduino-cc: in the service fields - this all need to be replaced with :micasaverde-com:
I have just loaded a pull request to the GITHUB repo to have this reflected in the master source but you can edit this and reload the LUUP file in Vera which will fix the problem.