My new project : texboard pcb

• Hello

I want to share with you my new little project. It's a pcb board (designed with eagle/produced by pcbway) for an easy integration of my future mysensors nodes.

the functionalities are :

• socket for atmega328p-pu
      -socket for nrf24l01
      -isp socket for programming the board
      -power supply : 3v - 20v
      -support for mesuring and reporting the battery level to the gateway
      -i2c socket
      -digital i/o for the sensor

Some pictures of the board :

alt text
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text

I'm actually working on a v2 of the board with a micro usb port and smd mounting with atmega328p-au (to save place)

• Hardware Contributor

@linkos nice work! One small suggestion is that you move the antenna on the radio outside the pcb. All the metal in traces and components might interfere with the signal.

• Thanks for your answer.
    Yes it's a good idea to move the nrf because I've allready experienced reception problems. It's possible that's the cause was the position of the antenna. Thanks for the tip

• Hardware Contributor

I agree with @sundberg84 suggestion. I think turning the radio around (180°) should be enough: no traces below antenna and no ISP header right in front. I would try to move the capacitor closer to the VCC/GND pins of the radio, too.

Good job anyway, compact and clean looking sensor !

• Thanks for your answer. I'll keep them in mind for the future version of my board.
    However thanks for the compliments

• Hi

I just finish the box for my new sensors. Just want to share it with you 🙂

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

• Hardware Contributor

Very clean, now you can make a v2 with button cell to make the same with a tiny size 😉

• Yes. you're right

I just buy some CR2032 supports for pcb on ebay. I hope it will drain enouth power to run the node

• Hardware Contributor

@linkos you need to include a capacitor (100-200uF) in parallel to the battery to help it during peak load. And if possible in your sketch add short sleeps between successive TX/RX to let capacitor recharge.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics