Controlling Turbovex TX 35A by Mysensors

• Hi there,

I am new to Mysensors, and wanna get started on a small project. What i had in mind was to regulate the speed of my "One Room Ventilation" system. (http://www.turbovex.dk/fileadmin/filer/BOLIG/Downloads/TX_35A_montage_og_vedlige_19.01.11_.pdf )
    From what i can read, the fan inside it needs from 4-9 volts to operate. so i was thinking that a LED Dimmer might do the trick. (the fan speed is regulated by voltage).

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction?

• Hardware Contributor

Hello @knud-rishøj and welcome toMySensors !

From the document I believe you have 2 solutions :

• set voltage to maximum or close to maximum and then use PWM + MOSFET + RC filter to regulate the voltage received by the motor
    • check the exact action of the screw that sets the voltage and replace it

• Hello @Nca78, and thank you for you answer.

If i was to use option 1 (set voltage to maximum or close to maximum and then use PWM + MOSFET + RC filter to regulate the voltage received by the motor) is that the same approach as building af LED dimmer? and where do i get the 9v from?

In option 2, do you suggest replacing the screw with at motor?

Thank you in advance

• Hardware Contributor

@knud-rishøj yes it's the same than led dimmer except you add a RC filter because the motor will be very noisy if you set on/off like it's done for the LEDs. Your circuit would be inserted between existing connection to motor and the motor.
    For the screw I don't know what it does, so you have to check the circuit to see how it influences the output voltage.
    Not such an easy project to start with IMHO 😉

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics