NRF24 works better indoor at 2Mbps

• I've done several tests with a NRF24L01 (standard version and PA+LNA version) in a flat with a lot of wifi access point around and in a country house with a 4G antenna near.
    In my country house where i need an important range between sensors and gateway, the best choice is the channel 93 at 250kbps. The channels under 85 are perturbed by local wifi transmission (wifi channel 13 go up to 2,484GHz, which correspond to NRF channel 85) and the channel superior to 101 (2,5GHz) are perturbed by the nearby 4G antenna.
    In my flat, because of the very important wifi trafic, the channel 93 is also the best choice but the throughput of 2Mbps gives very best results (no transmission errors at all) than 1Mbps or even 250kbps. This is probably du to a different modulation scheme and a shorter frame duration.

• Mod

@stef said in NRF24 works better indoor at 2Mbps:

This is probably du to a different modulation scheme and a shorter frame duration.

The modulation scheme at 2MBit is identical to the other bitrates, but frame duration is shorter of course.

• @stef I'm interested in knowing how you are measuring the transmission errors. are there any parameters like signal strength in NRF24?

• @ashokgowtham
    No, there is no available parameters like RSSI in NRF24.
    I've just done repeating tests like opening/closing a switch with ack enable in the same conditions for the different throughputs.
    And after three weeks of use, i can confirm that I've no errors at all at 2Mbps. As i said this throughput improve transmissions with a lot of wifi interferences around.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics