Is there a 3D printable enclosure for RPi 4 w/ serial gateway?
I'm just getting started w/ my setup (components are in the mail), so sorry if I've missed something - I swear I've been looking.
I can't find a 3D printable enclosure to house both my Raspberry Pi 4 and my serial gateway (Arduino Nano and NRF24L01+PA+LNA). Is there one out there, or am I going to get to design one myself?
I had thought this would be a common setup, but maybe I'm over complicating things? I'm planning to run Domoticz and I read it's easiest w/ a separate serial gateway, vs integrating the radio into the GPIO pins.
Avamander last edited by Avamander
I couldn't find one, so I designed my own.
(My model is not suitable for anyone else because I made it fit very snugly around my board)
Wanting a smaller, neater solution than that, I bought a nRF52840 USB stick, hoping I could use that because it's very nice, but unfortunately there are some compatibility issues I have to yet resolve.
I'm slowly working out a case design in Tinkercad.
Does anyone know if it's OK to put the NRF module close and parallel as the RPi?
Still on the journey...
Finished a v0.2 notes:
- Now have a printed case! See pics below.
- The Radio and the Arduino needed to have the header pins soldered upside down.
- The NRF24L01+PA+LNA doesn't come that way, so I had to de/re solder the pins. Not the simplest.
- The fan screws get in the way of the serial gateway assembly.
Ideas for gen v0.3:
- Turn Arduino and Radio 90 degrees , basically make a sandwich. I think there is enough room if I use a double sided perf board.
- I'd need smaller 3mm LEDs instead of the 5mm one's I've got... I've got some on order.
- Also want a fresh radio module, if I don't have to flip the pins it would be easier for anyone else to do it.
- Alignment pins - the Magnets do a good job, but little gaps are not ideal.
Again for anyone interested here's the updated tinker cad link: https://www.tinkercad.com/things/3NuVSR723k2