Where do you buy your Hardware?

• Hi,

I would like to buy my first set of Arduinos and sensors. When I look at the shop here, there are always links to ebay or aliexpress. So far so good, but it either takes 60 days until the peaces arrive, or I have to pay a huge amount for shipping. Might be quicker at ebay but I would also have to pay for shipping. Do you know a shop which ships to Germany and has decent prices as well as a good colletion for sensors and Arduion boards?

Florian

I too live in Germany and I often buy a "pack" of Arduinos, sensors and so on via ebay from china. I'll have to wait a month till the parts arrive, but they are cheap. I've bought Arduinos and NRF24L01+ from Amazon with prime shipping too, if I can't wait and the price is acceptable.
    I've ordered electronics parts (voltage regulator) from Conrad and Reichelt too.

• Ok, thanks. So trying to get the bits and peaces together from different shops then. I might buy the first set to setup the test environment more expensive then.

Maybe it would be nice to have a forum here where people can post their demand, and order together?

• @Florian Strempel

I live in germany too.If you look a little bit closer at amazon.de they are a few cents more expensive.I order 90 % of my parts there and you have to wait 10-15 days.

• Mod

@Florian-Strempel world wide you can purchase from aliexpress or ebay
    I prefer to use aliexpress. Many sellers on aliexpress are having hubs in US, Europe and Asia and you should not be surprised to get parcel from shorter distance.

This is a most cheap choice but make sure to choose a seller with proved and good reputation. Quality can be an issue.

Also there some well known DIY stores on the market with wold wide shipping, for example - sparkfun.com, http://imall.iteadstudio.com/, http://www.seeedstudio.com/
    They sell actually the same as sellers on ebay/ali but it is a "preselection" of a right quality.

Also there well known parts distributors with wold wide network Farnel, DigiKey, Mouser.
    This is most expensive but of best quality products.
    Farnell for example is selling only original raspberry.

Choose at you choice based or not based on your location.

Regards,
    Alexander

• Mod

@betthorn aliexpress is mentioned in the first post in this thread. Florian want shorter shipping times.

• @Florian-Strempel

I think you only have these two options for most modules (arduino, sensors, etc.):

1. buy it cheap and wait long
      or
    2. buy it expensive and get it within a few days

From my experience I can tell you that items on aliexpress will mostly arrive 3-4 weeks after purchase (I'm living in germany too). I ordered at least 150 different items there over the past few years.

• Chinese New Year is coming up (February 8?) and most vendors take 1-2 week vacations around this time and shipments can be delayed. Keep this in mind if you wish to order from Ali or eBay, do it soon or your order may wait until after the holiday.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics