openHAB 2.0 binding

• @TimO Thanks for the quick reply!
    I do think the ON/OFF switch for every scene would be the most logical solution. In that way it's fully compatibel with the MySensors Scene Controller and you can have multiple scenes active at the same time.

• Just updated my OH2 installation from snapshot to RC/beta and immediately got an error with the binding:

[ERROR] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsReader] - (java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "Gateway startup complete.") on reading from connection, message: class org.openhab.binding.mysensors.internal.protocol.serial.MySensorsSerialReader

But then the usual:

[INFO ] [col.serial.MySensorsSerialConnection] - Successfully connected to MySensors Bridge.
    [WARN ] [col.serial.MySensorsSerialConnection] - Network Sanity Checker thread disabled from bridge configuration

What could be a problem? Do I need to perform some cleanup on my system? What exactly needs to be deleted?

• I ran into trouble today by apt-get updating Openhab.

I am over redefining the Distro for Snapshot... I have 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT, Build #743 up and running.

my bundle list looks following:
    204 | Active | 80 | 3.12.0.OH | nrjavaserial
    205 | Installed | 80 | 2.0.0.201611221149 | MySensors Binding

Still getting these errors:
    "03:17:10.911 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.mysensors ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR - org.openhab.binding.mysensors
    org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.mysensors [205]
    Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.openhab.io.transport.serial"

Any idea for next step?

@krejcarek please upgrade the binding to the most recent version. 🙂

• @TimO what about my error? I'm on the latest version already.

@AndrewZ Sorry! Is it working despite the error? I need to test with RC1 myself. The error looks like it could be ignored. From time to time messages get corrupted, due to connection issues and the parser stumbles about that. But it should continue to work just fine. I suppose this is the case here, but I'll check!

• @TimO yes, it is working, but please check this one and 2nd (Network Sanity Checker thread disabled). Thank you!

• I had the same error messages on first boot of OH. After finishing upgrade procedure and restarting OH once again error message is gone. New version of the binding is working well. No hickups at the moment.

• Hi Guys
    I am currently playing with a fairly fresh install of openhab2 (last weekend)
    I have played with the auto-discovery function in PaperUI
    Wow that's amazing 🙂
    But i am having trouble when it comes to sitemap file : sitemap function is not included within PaperUI (as far as i know) and i need this file to configure properly my iOS app
    So i have to go back to the old fashionned way and edit thing, item and map files with a text editor (which is fine)

Two questions from here:

• please prove me wrong in the way that i can discover things and configure items within paperUI and still create a valid sitemap file usable by my iOS devices
    • if above not possible, is there a way to "flush" openhab things and items database as i am getting warnings about things that don't exist anymore (things previously discovered by paperUI but deleted since)
      Thanks a lot for reading

• I must be missing something. I have the same error as well. Is there a link to the latest binding. The one on the instructions page is dated 20161122 and a second one refereed to in this topic above dated 20161222. Which binding should I be using

• @TimO, Thanks for the quick response. Probably was some stupid mistake with copying.jar file. Got mine now on 2.0.0.201701181308, and works like charm.
    Hoping to have mysensors soon as official binding to avoid the need of workarounds and thus prone to mistakes.

@hillmanr please try this link: Download

@ben999

1. It is possible to discover things with PaperUI and afterwards insert them in an item and sitemap file. Just use the channel that was given due to recovery. This way you don't need the things file.

2. You may delete the hole database or edit it with a text editor as it is a jsondb file. I'm on my phone, so I can't give you the correct location right now.

Did you try habmin? I've seen some amazing screenshots but haven't tried it myself.

• Got the 2.0.0.201701181308 binding, works, thanks. Amazing effort on the binding, great job.

• @TimO
    Thanks a lot Tim
    Found a few interresting files in /usr/share/openhab2/userdata/jsondb (one containing history of discovery)
    Got rid of them all then rebooted but no change: my log is still polluted with that kind of entries:

05:33:19.658 [WARN ] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Cannot delegate update '3' for item 'salonBatt01' to handler for channel 'mysensors:temperature:gateway:Temperature_1_0:battery', because no thing with the UID 'mysensors:temperature:gateway:Temperature_1_0' could be found.
    05:33:19.660 [WARN ] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Cannot delegate update '3' for item 'salonBatt01' to handler for channel 'mysensors:humidity:gateway:salonBatt01:battery', because no thing with the UID 'mysensors:humidity:gateway:salonBatt01' could be found.

There also was a backup directory in there... deleted but no change
    Another location?

EDIT : files in that directory are back after a reboot 😄 (meaning that the files themselves are back, and the one containing discovery data still contains it !!!)

Thanks a lot for your help buddies

• This binding works fine with 2.1.1 sensors actually Temp/Hum, Ph/ORP, RollerShutters. thanks for your work on this binding @TimO !
    Is this binding work with firmware update : http://docs.openhab.org/administration/runtime.html ?

@Fabien Thank you for your feedback!
    And: I've waited for that question according firmware updates to come up. 😄

I've looked into it and I'm very interested but till now there is only the implementation in the library, I've not seen an implementation in a binding. I'll continue to look at it, but with low priority. 🙂

Current priority list is:

1. Include binding in OH2 repository.
    2. Test and include the big refactoring from @andreacioni .
    3. Add MQTT gateway (proof of concept working, full integration after refactoring).
    4. Add little feature requests, add sensors ...

• This is so great. I am fairly new to openhab 2. I have it up and running on a RP3. No issues during the install. I was able to get Habmin and paperhab up and running. I installed a few add-ons that were part of the img on openhab.com. However, i cant figure out how to add mysensors.org add-on. I am using OSX and I can't figure out where to place the file in openhab2 on the raspberry pi. Please help!!!!

The jar needs to be placed here:

/usr/share/openhab2/addons/

You'll find further instructions here:

https://github.com/tobof/openhab2-addons/wiki/Installation

• I was able to successfully install the binding, but when I added a temperature sensor as a test, it keeps failing. This is the error message I'm getting:

17:01:28.130 [ERROR] [ome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager] - Exception occured while initializing handler of thing 'mysensors:temperature:4c0b17b9': java.lang.NullPointerException
    java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)[:1.8.0_121]
            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:206)[:1.8.0_121]
            at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller.callAsynchronous(SafeMethodCaller.java:188)[98:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.b4]
            at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller.call(SafeMethodCaller.java:81)[98:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.b4]
            at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller.call(SafeMethodCaller.java:65)[98:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.b4]
            at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager$9.run(ThingManager.java:710)[105:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.9.0.b4]
            at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)[:1.8.0_121]
            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)[:1.8.0_121]
            at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)[:1.8.0_121]
            at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)[:1.8.0_121]
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)[:1.8.0_121]
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)[:1.8.0_121]
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_121]
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
            at org.openhab.binding.mysensors.internal.handler.MySensorsThingHandler.getBridgeHandler(MySensorsThingHandler.java:268)[193:org.openhab.binding.mysensors:2.0.0.201701181308]
            at org.openhab.binding.mysensors.internal.handler.MySensorsThingHandler.initialize(MySensorsThingHandler.java:77)[193:org.openhab.binding.mysensors:2.0.0.201701181308]
            at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager$9$1.call(ThingManager.java:713)[105:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.9.0.b4]
            at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager$9$1.call(ThingManager.java:1)[105:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.9.0.b4]
            at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.common.SafeMethodCaller$CallableWrapper.call(SafeMethodCaller.java:179)[98:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.b4]
            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)[:1.8.0_121]
            ... 3 more

Any thoughts?

@azuntik Did you configure the temperature thing in the things and items file? Please post the contents of these files. Please add the debug log from the time before and after the exception occurs. Which version (snapshot, stable) of OH2 are you running?

• @TimO I'll be honest with you: I'm not sure I configured everything properly. I don't have things or items files, because I set things up through the PaperUI. Do I need to set everything up through config files?

I've attached the complete log file. I'm running stable.

Thanks for your help!

Edit: Nevermind. I don't have permission to upload a file. So, here's a pastebin: http://pastebin.com/jLeTXbvX (the timestamps are wrong, you can ignore the date).

Edit2: One thing that I was having trouble with was determining the Node and Child IDs. I finally settled on what I think they are (105 and 255, respectively), but I may be wrong. Any advice with regard to figuring that out would also be greatly appreciated!

• Mod

@azuntik You should know what you are creating 😉

In PaperUI you first create a thing for the gateway (I assume that worked for you).
    Next OpenHAB should find all attached things for you, no need to create them manually. Just confirm what OpenHAB found.
    Based on available properties you create an Item.

• @marceltrapman Frankenstein's Monster? 😄

So, the UI is not detecting anything, although testing mysgw shows it receiving data. Is this a misconfiguration on my part?

Edit: Nevermind. I think what you said just sank in. Thanks for your help!

• Hi TimO
    Can you please add support for gas meter S_GAS like the water meter.

Thanks
    Nikos

• Hello all! I believe I have done my due diligence in solving my own problem, but I am stuck. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I am trying to get started with an Ethernet Gateway. The gateway is displayed on the PaperUI, but in the log, it continues to try and connect to the ip bridge (Sending to MySensors: 0;0;3;0;2;)

I am on:
    openhab 2.1.0-snapshot build #791
    MySensors Binding: 2.0.0.201701181308
    Gateway is using library 2.1.1

I have tried:
    Clearing the EEPROM on the gateway thinking some garbage got stuck there.
    Set up and successfully used an MQTT gateway, thinking bad hardware?
    Restarted the binding, openhab, kitchen sink countless times.
    Updating everything to the latest build I could find
    Manually creating things

The only thing that seems odd to me is the gateway repeats over and over what appears to be initialization data (displays ip address, 0;255;3;0;9;MC0;BGN;STP.....). However, it does receive data from a temperature node I built.

I appreciate any pointers that can be provided, including "have you read this page?", though I think my Google search is permanently stuck on "mysensors openhab" at this point.

Thanks,

Dave

• @nikos1671

Where do I found the Mysensors Binding 2.0.0.201701181308 jar file for download?
    Or is it mandatory to compile it from source?

Thanks Kristoffer

@David-Link Are you sure the gateway isn't in a boot loop?

• @TimO That's exactly what is going on. Thank you for the tip, I was pulling my hair out. Now on to solving that problem! Thanks again.

• Hi @TimO
    I am having trouble but think I might be doing it wrong.
    Is it possible to use this binding with a MQTT gateway?
    I see that it needs to find the gateway on port 5003 but this isn't defined in MQTT gateway.
    Is it possible?

Hi @mlava !
    The MQTT gateway is not supported at the moment. I've done a proof of concept and it will be implemented after the refactoring we're currently working on.

• @TimO
    Wonderful, thank you for the answer.
    I'll wait eagerly for progress! 😀

• @David-Link It looks like you have a similar issue to me re the ethernet gateway. I have also tried "everything" and then yesterday discovered an old bug that might have resurfaced. I just put the following up on github:

https://github.com/mysensors/MySensors/issues/777

It might help you..

• Further to my client ethernet gateway not working with the MySensors 2.1.1 library, I tried 2.0.0 and now go much further. The gateway does not keep restarting, talks to the openhab controller and at least reads the messages and tripped status from my motion sensor

0;255;3;0;9;Starting gateway (RNNGA-, 2.0.0)
    0;255;3;0;9;TSM:INIT
    0;255;3;0;9;TSM:RADIO:OK
    0;255;3;0;9;TSM:GW MODE
    0;255;3;0;9;TSM:READY
    IP: 192.168.1.9
    0;255;3;0;9;No registration required
    0;255;3;0;9;Init complete, id=0, parent=0, distance=0, registration=1
    0;255;3;0;9;TSP:MSG:READ 1-1-0 s=1,c=1,t=16,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    0;255;3;0;9;TSP:MSG:READ 1-1-0 s=1,c=1,t=16,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:1
    0;255;3;0;9;TSP:SANCHK:OK```

I had to turn on the skipStartupCheck for the ethernet gateway to come online in openhab (and the gateway serial monitor did show the 0;0;3;0;2; and ethernet messages between openhab and the gateway)

15:10:13.316 [DEBUG] [al.protocol.ip.MySensorsIpConnection] - Connecting to IP bridge [192.168.1.9:5003]
    15:10:13.819 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsWriter] - Sending to MySensors: 0;0;3;0;2;
    15:10:14.320 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsWriter] - Sending to MySensors: 0;0;3;0;2;
    15:10:15.320 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsWriter] - Sending to MySensors: 0;0;3;0;2;
    15:10:16.320 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsWriter] - Sending to MySensors: 0;0;3;0;2;
    15:10:17.321 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsWriter] - Sending to MySensors: 0;0;3;0;2;
    15:10:18.321 [ERROR] [al.protocol.ip.MySensorsIpConnection] - Cannot start reading/writing thread, probably sync message (I_VERSION) not received. Try set skipStartupCheck to true
    15:10:18.322 [ERROR] [al.protocol.ip.MySensorsIpConnection] - Failed connecting to bridge...next retry in 10 seconds (Retry No.:1)
    15:10:18.322 [DEBUG] [al.protocol.ip.MySensorsIpConnection] - Disconnecting from IP bridge ...
    15:10:18.323 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsWriter] - Stopping Writer thread
    15:10:18.324 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsReader] - Stopping Reader thread
    15:10:18.324 [ERROR] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsWriter] - (java.lang.InterruptedException) on writing to connection, message: class org.openhab.binding.mysensors.internal.protocol.ip.MySensorsIpWriter
    15:10:18.325 [ERROR] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsReader] - (java.lang.InterruptedException: sleep interrupted) on reading from connection, message: class org.openhab.binding.mysensors.internal.protocol.ip.MySensorIpReader
    15:10:25.236 [DEBUG] [ernal.handler.MySensorsBridgeHandler] - Disposing of the MySensors bridge
    15:10:25.236 [DEBUG] [al.protocol.ip.MySensorsIpConnection] - Destroying connection
    15:10:25.236 [DEBUG] [ternal.factory.MySensorsCacheFactory] - Cache file: given_ids.cached exist.
    15:10:25.237 [DEBUG] [ternal.factory.MySensorsCacheFactory] - Cache (given_ids) content: [1]
    15:10:25.237 [DEBUG] [ternal.factory.MySensorsCacheFactory] - Writing on cache given_ids, content: [1]
    15:10:25.239 [DEBUG] [ernal.handler.MySensorsBridgeHandler] - Initialization of the MySensors bridge
    15:10:25.239 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ThingUpdatedEvent   ] - Thing 'mysensors:bridge-eth:cb1d6dd1' has been updated.
    15:10:25.240 [DEBUG] [al.protocol.ip.MySensorsIpConnection] - Set skip check on startup to: true
    15:10:25.240 [DEBUG] [al.protocol.ip.MySensorsIpConnection] - Enabling connection watchdog
    15:10:25.240 [DEBUG] [ternal.factory.MySensorsCacheFactory] - Cache file: given_ids.cached exist.
    15:10:25.241 [DEBUG] [al.protocol.ip.MySensorsIpConnection] - Connecting to IP bridge [192.168.1.9:5003]
    15:10:25.241 [DEBUG] [ternal.factory.MySensorsCacheFactory] - Cache (given_ids) content: [1]
    15:10:25.241 [DEBUG] [ernal.handler.MySensorsBridgeHandler] - Initialization of the MySensors bridge DONE!
    15:10:25.244 [WARN ] [al.protocol.ip.MySensorsIpConnection] - Skipping I_VERSION connection test, not recommended...
    15:10:25.244 [INFO ] [al.protocol.ip.MySensorsIpConnection] - Successfully connected to MySensors Bridge.

I then got my motion sensor to come online in openhab

15:13:24.300 [DEBUG] [ternal.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Configuration: nodeId 1, chiledId: 1, requestAck: false, revertState: false, smartSleep: false
    15:13:24.301 [DEBUG] [ternal.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Event listener for node 1-1 not registered yet, registering...
    15:13:24.305 [INFO ] [me.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'mysensors:motion:24559d07' changed from INITIALIZING to ONLINE```

However the motion sensor (via gateway) and openhab controller are not talking to each other. Does skipping the startup check result in problems?

Any ideas on how to progress with MySensors 2.0.0 library or do I need to wait for a fix to 2.1.1?

Many Thanks...

• @Andrew-Currie I think that is the same thing I am dealing with. I will take a look, thank you!

I "cheated" and just hooked it up to my Pi that is running OpenHab and it works like a charm.

@Andrew-Currie It should make no difference for the binding if you're using 2.0.0 or 2.1.1. I can't see any incoming messages in the debug log you've posted. If the gateway is properly connected you should see messages incoming, for example from your motion sensor. Could you please establish a telnet connection to the gateway at port 5003 and post the output? In parallel check the serial output of the gateway, there you should see the establishment of the telnet connection for example.

• @TimO Thanks Tim for your feedback. Here is the log from the gateway. It receives messages from openhab re the ethernet connection and also from the motion sensor and gets a fail from one send

0;255;3;0;9;Starting gateway (RNNGA-, 2.0.0)
    0;255;3;0;9;TSM:INIT
    0;255;3;0;9;TSM:RADIO:OK
    0;255;3;0;9;TSM:GW MODE
    0;255;3;0;9;TSM:READY
    IP: 192.168.1.9
    0;255;3;0;9;No registration required
    0;255;3;0;9;Init complete, id=0, parent=0, distance=0, registration=1
    0;255;3;0;9;TSP:SANCHK:OK
    0;255;3;0;9;Eth: connect
    0;255;3;0;9;Eth: 0;0;3;0;2;
    0;255;3;0;9;Eth: 
    0;255;3;0;9;Eth: 
    0;255;3;0;9;Eth: 
    0;255;3;0;9;Eth: 
    0;255;3;0;9;Eth: 
    0;255;3;0;9;Eth: disconnect
    0;255;3;0;9;Eth: connect
    0;255;3;0;9;Eth: 
    0;255;3;0;9;Eth: 
    0;255;3;0;9;Eth: 
    0;255;3;0;9;Eth: 
    0;255;3;0;9;Eth: 
    0;255;3;0;9;Eth: disconnect
    0;255;3;0;9;TSP:MSG:READ 1-1-255 s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0:
    0;255;3;0;9;TSP:MSG:BC
    0;255;3;0;9;TSP:MSG:FPAR REQ (sender=1)
    0;255;3;0;9;TSP:CHKUPL:OK
    0;255;3;0;9;TSP:MSG:GWL OK
    0;255;3;0;9;TSP:MSG:SEND 0-0-1-1 s=255,c=3,t=8,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=0,st=ok:0
    0;255;3;0;9;TSP:MSG:READ 1-1-0 s=255,c=3,t=24,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:1
    0;255;3;0;9;TSP:MSG:PINGED (ID=1, hops=1)
    0;255;3;0;9;TSP:MSG:SEND 0-0-1-1 s=255,c=3,t=25,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=0,st=ok:1
    0;255;3;0;9;TSP:MSG:READ 1-1-0 s=255,c=3,t=15,pt=6,l=2,sg=0:0100
    0;255;3;0;9;!TSP:MSG:SEND 0-0-1-1 s=255,c=3,t=15,pt=6,l=2,sg=0,ft=0,st=fail:0100
    0;255;3;0;9;TSP:MSG:READ 1-1-0 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:0
    0;255;3;0;9;TSP:MSG:READ 1-1-0 s=255,c=3,t=11,pt=0,l=13,sg=0:Motion Sensor
    0;255;3;0;9;TSP:MSG:READ 1-1-0 s=255,c=3,t=12,pt=0,l=3,sg=0:1.0
    0;255;3;0;9;TSP:MSG:READ 1-1-0 s=1,c=0,t=1,pt=0,l=0,sg=0:
    0;255;3;0;9;TSP:MSG:READ 1-1-0 s=255,c=3,t=26,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:2
    0;255;3;0;9;TSP:MSG:SEND 0-0-1-1 s=255,c=3,t=27,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=0,st=ok:1

The telnet connection shows no action and the gateway device is on the local network

$ telnet 192.168.1.9 5003
    Trying 192.168.1.9...
    Connected to 192.168.1.9.
    Escape character is '^]'.

$ arp -a
    HPB482AF (192.168.1.2) at 28:92:4a:c0:c3:27 [ether] on wlan0
    WIZnet9FFEED (192.168.1.9) at de:ad:b1:9f:fe:ed [ether] on wlan0
    NB604N.Home (192.168.1.1) at 00:60:64:83:50:8b [ether] on wlan0
    HF-LPB100 (192.168.1.12) at f0:fe:6b:16:a1:4a [ether] on wlan0

I have tried all sorts of ubuntu firewall settings to allow access to and from 192.168.1.9 port 5003 and also looked into the router settings with no joy.

As another approach I tried the serial gateway and investigated the linux settings given in
    http://docs.openhab.org/installation/linux.html#privileges-for-common-peripherals

The furthest I got with the serial gateway was as follows, first the debug log at startup and then when creating the gateway thing in the paper ui

10:07:04.218 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.mysensors       ] - ServiceEvent REGISTERED - {org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.binding.ThingHandlerFactory}={component.name=org.openhab.binding.mysensors.internal.factory.MySensorsHandlerFactory, component.id=197, service.id=340, service.bundleid=250, service.scope=bundle} - org.openhab.binding.mysensors
    10:07:04.219 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.mysensors       ] - BundleEvent STARTED – org.openhab.binding.mysensors
    10:08:52.520 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.mysensors       ] - ServiceEvent REGISTERED - {org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery.DiscoveryService}={service.id=341, service.bundleid=250, service.scope=singleton} – org.openhab.binding.mysensors

10:08:52.524 [DEBUG] [ernal.handler.MySensorsBridgeHandler] - Initialization of the MySensors bridge
    10:08:52.526 [DEBUG] [col.serial.MySensorsSerialConnection] - Set skip check on startup to: false
    10:08:52.526 [DEBUG] [col.serial.MySensorsSerialConnection] - Enabling connection watchdog
    10:08:52.527 [DEBUG] [col.serial.MySensorsSerialConnection] - Connecting to ttyUSB1 [baudRate:115200]
    10:08:52.530 [DEBUG] [ternal.factory.MySensorsCacheFactory] - Cache file: given_ids.cached exist.
    10:08:52.531 [DEBUG] [ternal.factory.MySensorsCacheFactory] - Cache (given_ids) content: []
    10:08:52.532 [DEBUG] [ernal.handler.MySensorsBridgeHandler] - Initialization of the MySensors bridge DONE!

testRead() open failed: /dev/ttyUSB1

localClose: File Descriptor error, not closing

10:08:52.545 [DEBUG] [col.serial.MySensorsSerialConnection] - Final port list: ttyUSB1:/dev/ttyUSB1

testRead() open failed: ttyUSB1

Failed to connect on port: ttyUSB1 exception: 
    gnu.io.NoSuchPortException

While my plan was to test on my ubuntu 16.04 laptop, I have gone ahead and ordered a Raspberry pi 3 and intend to install the openhabianpi img file. Hopefully better progress there...

• Hey guys, first message on this forum. Been reading alot before. But now I have a problem I just can't solve.
    It's about smartsleep with openhab 2.
    Im using wifi gw rfm 69.
    Regular messages works as it should both ways.
    But it almost seems like the smartsleep isn't enabled in the binding.
    Here are my configs and logs.

Things file:

Bridge mysensors:bridge-eth:gw69 [ ipAddress="192.168.1.235", tcpPort=5003, sendDelay=100, enableNetworkSanCheck=true ] {
    //  Anarduino
        humidity        AnHum   [ nodeId="66", childId="0" ]
        temperature     AnTemp  [ nodeId="66", childId="1" ]
        light           light02 [ nodeId="66", childId="3", smartSleep=true ]
      }

Items file:

Switch  TestLight   "Test lampa" (Test) { channel="mysensors:light:gw69:light02:status" }

Sketch: (Cleaned up the parts that dont matter, RTC and so on.)

// Enable debug prints to serial monitor
    #define MY_DEBUG 

// Enable and select radio type attached
    #define MY_RADIO_RFM69
    #define MY_IS_RFM69HW
    #define MY_NODE_ID 66
    #define MY_RFM69_NETWORKID 100
    #define MY_RFM69_FREQUENCY RF69_433MHZ
    #define MY_SMART_SLEEP_WAIT_DURATION_MS 1000
    #include <MySensors.h>
    #include <TimeLib.h>
    #include <Wire.h>
    #include <MCP7940RTC.h>
    #include <DHT.h>

#define MCP7940_CTRL_ID 0x6F
    #define CSMEM_PIN 5

#define LEDPIN 9

long sleepIntervalSec=5;
    long loopCnt=0;
    uint8_t d[8];
    uint8_t dAlarm[8];
    int d1[8];

// Set this to the pin you connected the DHT's data pin to
    #define DHT_DATA_PIN 6

// Set this offset if the sensor has a permanent small offset to the real temperatures
    #define SENSOR_TEMP_OFFSET 0

// Sleep time between sensor updates (in milliseconds)
    // Must be >1000ms for DHT22 and >2000ms for DHT11
    static const uint64_t UPDATE_INTERVAL = 5000;

// Force sending an update of the temperature after n sensor reads, so a controller showing the
    // timestamp of the last update doesn't show something like 3 hours in the unlikely case, that
    // the value didn't change since;
    // i.e. the sensor would force sending an update every UPDATE_INTERVAL*FORCE_UPDATE_N_READS [ms]
    static const uint8_t FORCE_UPDATE_N_READS = 10;

#define CHILD_ID_HUM 0
    #define CHILD_ID_TEMP 1
    #define CHILD_ID_MULTIMETER 2

float lastTemp;
    float lastHum;
    uint8_t nNoUpdatesTemp;
    uint8_t nNoUpdatesHum;
    bool metric = true;

MyMessage msgHum(CHILD_ID_HUM, V_HUM);
    MyMessage msgTemp(CHILD_ID_TEMP, V_TEMP);
    MyMessage msgVolt(CHILD_ID_MULTIMETER, V_VOLTAGE);

DHT dht;

int BATTERY_SENSE_PIN = A0;  // select the input pin for the battery sense point
    int oldBatteryPcnt = 0;
    int batteryBasement = 812;
    int batteryFull = 922;
    float batteryConstant = 100.0 / (batteryFull - batteryBasement);
    float lastbatteryV = 0;

const int buzzer = 7; //buzzer to arduino pin 7

#define RELAY_1  8  // Arduino Digital I/O pin number for first relay (second on pin+1 etc)
    #define NUMBER_OF_RELAYS 1 // Total number of attached relays
    #define RELAY_ON 1  // GPIO value to write to turn on attached relay
    #define RELAY_OFF 0 // GPIO value to write to turn off attached relay

void before()
    {
      for (int sensor=3, pin=RELAY_1; sensor<=NUMBER_OF_RELAYS; sensor++, pin++) {
        // Then set relay pins in output mode
        pinMode(pin, OUTPUT);
        // Set relay to last known state (using eeprom storage)
        digitalWrite(pin, loadState(sensor)?RELAY_ON:RELAY_OFF);
      }
    }

void setup()  
    {
       // use the 1.1 V internal reference
       analogReference(INTERNAL);

pinMode(LEDPIN, OUTPUT);
      digitalWrite(LEDPIN, LOW);
      Wire.begin();
      pinMode(CSMEM_PIN, OUTPUT);
      digitalWrite(CSMEM_PIN, HIGH);

dht.setup(DHT_DATA_PIN); // set data pin of DHT sensor
      if (UPDATE_INTERVAL <= dht.getMinimumSamplingPeriod()) {
        Serial.println("Warning: UPDATE_INTERVAL is smaller than supported by the sensor!");
      }
      // Sleep for the time of the minimum sampling period to give the sensor time to power up
      // (otherwise, timeout errors might occure for the first reading)
      sleepIntervalSec = dht.getMinimumSamplingPeriod();
      clearAlarm();
      delay(20);
      setNewAlarm();
      sleep(dht.getMinimumSamplingPeriod());
      analogRead(BATTERY_SENSE_PIN);
     }

void presentation() {
       // Send the sketch version information to the gateway and Controller
       sendSketchInfo("Humidity sensor", "1.0");
       present(CHILD_ID_MULTIMETER, S_MULTIMETER, "VOLT", true);
       present(CHILD_ID_HUM, S_HUM, "HUMIDITY", true);
       present(CHILD_ID_TEMP, S_TEMP, "TEMP", true);
      for (int sensor=1, pin=RELAY_1; sensor<=NUMBER_OF_RELAYS; sensor++, pin++) {
        // Register all sensors to gw (they will be created as child devices)
        present(sensor, S_BINARY);
      }
      metric = getControllerConfig().isMetric;
    }

void loop()
    {
      wait(100);
       int sensorValue = analogRead(BATTERY_SENSE_PIN);
       #ifdef MY_DEBUG
       Serial.println(sensorValue);
       #endif
       float batteryV  = sensorValue * 0.004551646;
       if(sensorValue < batteryBasement) {
        sensorValue = batteryBasement;
        batteryV = 0;
       }
       else if (sensorValue > batteryFull) {
        sensorValue = batteryFull;
       }
       int batteryPcnt = (sensorValue - batteryBasement) * batteryConstant;
           if ((abs(oldBatteryPcnt - batteryPcnt) > 1)) {
          sendBatteryLevel(batteryPcnt);
          oldBatteryPcnt = batteryPcnt;
        }

if(batteryV != lastbatteryV) {
       send(msgVolt.set(batteryV, 2));
       lastbatteryV = batteryV;
       }
       #ifdef MY_DEBUG
       Serial.print("Battery Voltage: ");
       Serial.print(batteryV);
       Serial.println(" V");
       Serial.print("Battery percent: ");
       Serial.print(batteryPcnt);
       Serial.println(" %");
       #endif

// Force reading sensor, so it works also after sleep()
      dht.readSensor(true);

// Get temperature from DHT library
      float temperature = dht.getTemperature();
      if (isnan(temperature)) {
        Serial.println("Failed reading temperature from DHT!");
      } else if (temperature != lastTemp || nNoUpdatesTemp == FORCE_UPDATE_N_READS) {
        // Only send temperature if it changed since the last measurement or if we didn't send an update for n times
        lastTemp = temperature;
        if (!metric) {
          temperature = dht.toFahrenheit(temperature);
        }
        // Reset no updates counter
        nNoUpdatesTemp = 0;
        temperature += SENSOR_TEMP_OFFSET;
        send(msgTemp.set(temperature, 1));
        #ifdef MY_DEBUG
        Serial.print("T: ");
        Serial.println(temperature);
        #endif
      } else {
        // Increase no update counter if the temperature stayed the same
        nNoUpdatesTemp++;
      }

// Get humidity from DHT library
      float humidity = dht.getHumidity();
      if (isnan(humidity)) {
        Serial.println("Failed reading humidity from DHT");
      } else if (humidity != lastHum || nNoUpdatesHum == FORCE_UPDATE_N_READS) {
        // Only send humidity if it changed since the last measurement or if we didn't send an update for n times
        lastHum = humidity;
        nNoUpdatesHum = 0;
        send(msgHum.set(humidity, 1));

#ifdef MY_DEBUG
        Serial.print("H: ");
        Serial.println(humidity);
        #endif
      } else {
        // Increase no update counter if the humidity stayed the same
        nNoUpdatesHum++;
      }
    long sleepTime = UPDATE_INTERVAL;
    if (batteryPcnt < 50) {
      sleepTime = (sleepTime * 2);
    }
      // Sleep for a while to save energy
      sleepIntervalSec = sleepTime / 1000;
      Serial.println();
      Serial.print("Setting new sleep time: ");
      Serial.print(sleepIntervalSec);
      Serial.println(" seconds.");
      clearAlarm();
      delay(20);
      setNewAlarm();
      smartSleep(sleepTime);

}

void receive(const MyMessage &message)
    {
      // We only expect one type of message from controller. But we better check anyway.
      if (message.type==V_STATUS) {
        // Change relay state
        digitalWrite(message.sensor-1+RELAY_1, message.getBool()?RELAY_ON:RELAY_OFF);
        // Store state in eeprom
        saveState(message.sensor, message.getBool());
        // Write some debug info
        Serial.print("Incoming change for sensor:");
        Serial.print(message.sensor);
        Serial.print(", New status: ");
        Serial.println(message.getBool());
      }
    }

Sensor startup:

0 MCO:BGN:INIT NODE,CP=RRNNA--,VER=2.1.1
    3 MCO:BGN:BFR
    4 TSM:INIT
    5 TSF:WUR:MS=0
    8 TSM:INIT:TSP OK
    9 TSM:INIT:STATID=66
    11 TSF:SID:OK,ID=66
    13 TSM:FPAR
    143 TSF:MSG:SEND,66-66-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    524 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-66,s=255,c=3,t=8,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:0
    529 TSF:MSG:FPAR OK,ID=0,D=1
    2150 TSM:FPAR:OK
    2151 TSM:ID
    2152 TSM:ID:OK
    2154 TSM:UPL
    2161 TSF:MSG:SEND,66-66-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=24,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:1
    2181 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-66,s=255,c=3,t=25,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:1
    2186 TSF:MSG:PONG RECV,HP=1
    2189 TSM:UPL:OK
    2190 TSM:READY:ID=66,PAR=0,DIS=1
    2199 TSF:MSG:SEND,66-66-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=15,pt=6,l=2,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:0100
    2253 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-66,s=255,c=3,t=15,pt=6,l=2,sg=0:0100
    2310 TSF:MSG:SEND,66-66-0-0,s=255,c=0,t=17,pt=0,l=5,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:2.1.1
    2366 TSF:MSG:SEND,66-66-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:0
    2403 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-66,s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:M
    2461 TSF:MSG:SEND,66-66-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=11,pt=0,l=15,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:Humidity sensor
    2562 TSF:MSG:SEND,66-66-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=12,pt=0,l=3,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:1.0
    2618 TSF:MSG:SEND,66-66-0-0,s=2,c=0,t=30,pt=0,l=4,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:VOLT
    2757 !TSF:MSG:SEND,66-66-0-0,s=0,c=0,t=7,pt=0,l=8,sg=0,ft=0,st=NACK:HUMIDITY
    2777 TSF:MSG:SEND,66-66-0-0,s=1,c=0,t=6,pt=0,l=4,sg=0,ft=1,st=OK:TEMP
    2912 !TSF:MSG:SEND,66-66-0-0,s=1,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=NACK:
    2918 MCO:REG:REQ
    2974 TSF:MSG:SEND,66-66-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=26,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=1,st=OK:2
    2991 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-66,s=255,c=3,t=27,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:1
    2996 MCO:PIM:NODE REG=1
    2999 MCO:BGN:STP
    3154 MCO:SLP:MS=2000,SMS=0,I1=255,M1=255,I2=255,M2=255
    3160 MCO:SLP:TPD
    3161 MCO:SLP:WUP=-1
    3163 MCO:BGN:INIT OK,TSP=1

Log Sensor: (This is when I press the button when the sensor is awake)
    It's sends away it's heartbeat correctly.

125578 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-66,s=3,c=1,t=2,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    Incoming change for sensor:3, New status: 0

Setting new sleep time: 5 seconds.
    137926 MCO:SLP:MS=5000,SMS=1,I1=255,M1=255,I2=255,M2=255
    137939 TSF:MSG:SEND,66-66-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=22,pt=5,l=4,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:134932

Log Openhab: And the gateway receives heartbeat.

18:21:37.174 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsWriter] - Sending to MySensors: 66;3;1;0;2;0
    18:21:37.178 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent    ] - Item 'TestLight' received command OFF
    18:21:37.181 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - TestLight changed from ON to OFF
    18:22:15.416 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsReader] - 66;255;3;0;22;134932
    18:22:16.372 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsWriter] - Sending to MySensors: 0;0;3;0;2;
    18:22:16.408 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsReader] - 0;255;3;0;2;2.1.1

Log Openhab: When the node sleeps..

18:26:52.396 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsWriter] - Sending to MySensors: 66;3;1;0;2;0
    18:26:52.397 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent    ] - Item 'TestLight' received command OFF
    18:26:52.399 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - TestLight changed from ON to OFF

As you can see there is no mention in the openhab log file about buffering or smart sleep. Or a received heartbeat. Which it gets.
    What am I doing wrong?

• Hardware Contributor

Hi, just a short question as I haven't found any up to date information about it: I am thinking about switching from domoticz to openHab 2 (as I really like the new UIs and the auto discovery). I am using an ESP8266 based MQTT gateway. Does openhab 2 on a raspi work with Mysensors using MQTT and does it support the new sensors/actor types added Mysensors 2 (specially RGBW)?

Thank you!

• Yes you can using proxy items and rules. see example here : https://github.com/mortommy/MySensorDioder
    But why not switching to ethernet/serial gateway with @TimO OH2 plugin ?

• Hardware Contributor

Thanks @Fabien I have a serial gateway too, but I liked the idea of a MQTT gateway more because its much more flexible. Does Tims plugin not support MQTT? I wanted to use that.

• Hi @LastSamurai , currently Timo is working on MQTT gateway but I don't know precisely when it will be available to all.

@TimO said in openHAB 2.0 binding:

@Fabien Thank you for your feedback!
    And: I've waited for that question according firmware updates to come up. 😄

I've looked into it and I'm very interested but till now there is only the implementation in the library, I've not seen an implementation in a binding. I'll continue to look at it, but with low priority. 🙂

Current priority list is:

1. Include binding in OH2 repository.
    2. Test and include the big refactoring from @andreacioni .
    3. Add MQTT gateway (proof of concept working, full integration after refactoring).
    4. Add little feature requests, add sensors ...

• Hardware Contributor

Ok, I will keep an eye on this one and stay with the serial gateway for now.

• After moving from my ubuntu laptop to RP3 I have had success!!
    Flashed the sd card with the latest openhabian, waited for everything to auto install on the RP3 and could then install the my sensors (ethernet) gateway on the pi and also open a karaf console to log openhab2 via a remote/headless ssh. My remote browser could open the paper ui via openhabianpi:8080 and I added the ethernet gateway successfully. Adding the motion sensor needed the node id 2 and child id 1 as set by the Arduino sketch. The light level sensor was then turned on and it just showed up as my sensors (2,2) in the paper ui inbox so this level of discovery works! The sensors now show tripped status/light level in the paper ui control.
    Looks like I can now progress to using My Sensors to control the mi-lights already working in openhab2.
    Thanks Tim for all your work on the binding

• @TimO , I just noticed a weird behavior - I've changed configuration for another binding and restarted it from the console but that killed mysensors binding:

2017-03-04 13:07:19.110 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Refreshing model 'demo.things'
    2017-03-04 13:07:19.123 [ERROR] [col.serial.MySensorsSerialConnection] - Interrupted reset time wait
    2017-03-04 13:07:19.124 [WARN ] [col.serial.MySensorsSerialConnection] - Skipping I_VERSION connection test, not recommended...
    2017-03-04 13:07:19.125 [INFO ] [col.serial.MySensorsSerialConnection] - Successfully connected to MySensors Bridge.
    2017-03-04 13:07:19.125 [WARN ] [col.serial.MySensorsSerialConnection] - Network Sanity Checker thread disabled from bridge configuration

2017-03-04 13:07:21.141 [ERROR] [col.serial.MySensorsSerialConnection] - Can't connect to serial port. Wrong port?
    2017-03-04 13:07:21.149 [ERROR] [col.serial.MySensorsSerialConnection] - Failed connecting to bridge...next retry in 10 seconds (Retry No.:0)
    2017-03-04 13:07:33.161 [ERROR] [col.serial.MySensorsSerialConnection] - Can't connect to serial port. Wrong port?
    2017-03-04 13:07:33.163 [ERROR] [col.serial.MySensorsSerialConnection] - Failed connecting to bridge...next retry in 10 seconds (Retry No.:1)

Complete stop/start of OH is the only solution so far.

• Hi @AndrewZ , yes this is a known issue (I just openend an issue here) with the binding. Just out of curiosity, have you changed something in things file?

• @andreacioni thank you
    Yes, it was a change in the .things file, but it was related to another binding.

• @AndrewZ things file update trigger a reload of all binding declared inside it, nothing strange. 😉 Follow the above link to keep track of the status of this issue.

• Hardware Contributor

I just tried to get the openhab 2 binding up and running. I have a serial gateway and domoticz + openhab running on a pi. I stopped the domoticz service and installed the serial and mysensors addons for openhab like mentioned in the github readme (bundle:list showed them both). I also added the openhab user to the dialout group.
    I then created a demo.things file in config/things with

Bridge mysensors:bridge-ser:gateway [ serialPort="/dev/ttyUSB0", sendDelay=200 ] {
        /** define things connected to that bridge here */
      }

The log of openhab shows these errors though:

2017-03-19 00:03:59.855 [ERROR] [col.serial.MySensorsSerialConnection] - Can't connect to serial port. Wrong port?
    2017-03-19 00:03:59.897 [ERROR] [col.serial.MySensorsSerialConnection] - Failed connecting to bridge...next retry in 10 seconds (Retry No.:46)

Any idea why? This works just fine:

cat /dev/ttyUSB0

• @LastSamurai please check the group ownership

$ ls -l /dev/ttyUSB0

Make sure the port you're using is included in EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS as described here

• Hardware Contributor

Thank you, that helped! Should anyone ever face the same problem: after changing the EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS I also needed to restart openhab (more likely the java vm).

• Hardware Contributor

So openhab is running now and discovers my sensors when I restart them while scanning. My RGBW controller nodes pop up as RGBW sensors though. The on/off switch works, but what do I have to do to actually control the colors?
    I tried editing the 4 variables but that doesn't seem to change the lights.

0_1490048386134_upload-9bf82cdd-ddd8-4249-973e-65bd30a3a959

@LastSamurai : What does your sketch expect? One ASCII formated RGB code like described here: https://www.mysensors.org/download/serial_api_20 or a value between 0 and 100% per color (r,g,b,w)? I see different implementations (in openhab and in mysensors) and maybe we have to adjust the binding.

• Hardware Contributor

@TimO Right, I guess thats the problem. I have written my sketch against domoticz, so it expects either a 6 bit hex string (rgb = e.g. ff00ff) or a 9 bit (idk why) rgbw hex string (e.g. #ff00ff00).
    According to the mysensors docu "ff00ff00" would be right, I guess.

• Just noticed in the log:

[WARN ] [.discovery.MySensorsDiscoveryService] - Cannot automatic discover thing node: 0, child: 255 please insert it manually

Is that normal or any additional configuration is needed?
    Thanks!

@AndrewZ hmmmm, a child that represents itself with an id of 255 shouldn't exist. 255 is used for battery status for example. What's the message that comes in before that?

@LastSamurai I'm working on a solution! RGB seems easy, but I haven't looked at RGBW. The Colopicker in OpenHAB only sends RGB.

• @TimO here is the output:

2017-03-23 20:51:32.531 [INFO ] [ui.habmin.internal.servlet.HABminApp] - Started HABmin servlet at /habmin
    2017-03-23 20:51:33.754 [WARN ] [.discovery.MySensorsDiscoveryService] - Cannot automatic discover thing node: 0, child: 255 please insert it manually
    2017-03-23 20:51:33.772 [INFO ] [al.protocol.ip.MySensorsIpConnection] - Successfully connected to MySensors Bridge.

@AndrewZ the message occurs right after startup and before the bridge gets connected?! Just ignore the message if everything else is working fine. 😄
    I'll release the refactored version soon. It's already available via the new IoT marketplace.

• @TimO yes, message occurs on startup and I'm already using version from marketplace, I see it as market:binding-3328323 - 1.0

@AndrewZ oh okay! I will look at it!

• Hardware Contributor

@TimO Cool, I'll test it once you are done. Domoticz only allows to either use the white channel or a RGB value (without the white) at the moment. Perhaps it can be done similarly in openhab.

@LastSamurai Could you please take a look at this: https://github.com/tobof/openhab2-addons/issues/76 ?

I've added the RGB & RGBW channels and because I'm not that confident about the RGBW implementation I'm kindly asking you to test the implementation and give me some feedback. 🙂
    The conversion from HSB, which is used by OpenHAB2 internally, to RGBW left me pretty confused. 😉

• Hardware Contributor

I'll test it. Might take some days to get to it though 😉

• I found the solution myself. About a week ago i upgraded the binding. And it worked.
    Everything seems to work as it should. Except I can't recieve var1 (custom) for neither the hum or temp child.

smartSleep is nice. I use it once an hour (regular sleep every minute) to get configurations from openhab about sleep time and other small things in the code.

@balder88 said in openHAB 2.0 binding:

Hey guys, first message on this forum. Been reading alot before. But now I have a problem I just can't solve.
    It's about smartsleep with openhab 2.
    Im using wifi gw rfm 69.
    Regular messages works as it should both ways.
    But it almost seems like the smartsleep isn't enabled in the binding.
    Here are my configs and logs.

Things file:

Bridge mysensors:bridge-eth:gw69 [ ipAddress="192.168.1.235", tcpPort=5003, sendDelay=100, enableNetworkSanCheck=true ] {
    //  Anarduino
        humidity        AnHum   [ nodeId="66", childId="0" ]
        temperature     AnTemp  [ nodeId="66", childId="1" ]
        light           light02 [ nodeId="66", childId="3", smartSleep=true ]
      }

Items file:

Switch  TestLight   "Test lampa" (Test) { channel="mysensors:light:gw69:light02:status" }

Sketch: (Cleaned up the parts that dont matter, RTC and so on.)

// Enable debug prints to serial monitor
    #define MY_DEBUG 

// Enable and select radio type attached
    #define MY_RADIO_RFM69
    #define MY_IS_RFM69HW
    #define MY_NODE_ID 66
    #define MY_RFM69_NETWORKID 100
    #define MY_RFM69_FREQUENCY RF69_433MHZ
    #define MY_SMART_SLEEP_WAIT_DURATION_MS 1000
    #include <MySensors.h>
    #include <TimeLib.h>
    #include <Wire.h>
    #include <MCP7940RTC.h>
    #include <DHT.h>

#define MCP7940_CTRL_ID 0x6F
    #define CSMEM_PIN 5

#define LEDPIN 9

long sleepIntervalSec=5;
    long loopCnt=0;
    uint8_t d[8];
    uint8_t dAlarm[8];
    int d1[8];

// Set this to the pin you connected the DHT's data pin to
    #define DHT_DATA_PIN 6

// Set this offset if the sensor has a permanent small offset to the real temperatures
    #define SENSOR_TEMP_OFFSET 0

// Sleep time between sensor updates (in milliseconds)
    // Must be >1000ms for DHT22 and >2000ms for DHT11
    static const uint64_t UPDATE_INTERVAL = 5000;

// Force sending an update of the temperature after n sensor reads, so a controller showing the
    // timestamp of the last update doesn't show something like 3 hours in the unlikely case, that
    // the value didn't change since;
    // i.e. the sensor would force sending an update every UPDATE_INTERVAL*FORCE_UPDATE_N_READS [ms]
    static const uint8_t FORCE_UPDATE_N_READS = 10;

#define CHILD_ID_HUM 0
    #define CHILD_ID_TEMP 1
    #define CHILD_ID_MULTIMETER 2

float lastTemp;
    float lastHum;
    uint8_t nNoUpdatesTemp;
    uint8_t nNoUpdatesHum;
    bool metric = true;

MyMessage msgHum(CHILD_ID_HUM, V_HUM);
    MyMessage msgTemp(CHILD_ID_TEMP, V_TEMP);
    MyMessage msgVolt(CHILD_ID_MULTIMETER, V_VOLTAGE);

DHT dht;

int BATTERY_SENSE_PIN = A0;  // select the input pin for the battery sense point
    int oldBatteryPcnt = 0;
    int batteryBasement = 812;
    int batteryFull = 922;
    float batteryConstant = 100.0 / (batteryFull - batteryBasement);
    float lastbatteryV = 0;

const int buzzer = 7; //buzzer to arduino pin 7

#define RELAY_1  8  // Arduino Digital I/O pin number for first relay (second on pin+1 etc)
    #define NUMBER_OF_RELAYS 1 // Total number of attached relays
    #define RELAY_ON 1  // GPIO value to write to turn on attached relay
    #define RELAY_OFF 0 // GPIO value to write to turn off attached relay

void before()
    {
      for (int sensor=3, pin=RELAY_1; sensor<=NUMBER_OF_RELAYS; sensor++, pin++) {
        // Then set relay pins in output mode
        pinMode(pin, OUTPUT);
        // Set relay to last known state (using eeprom storage)
        digitalWrite(pin, loadState(sensor)?RELAY_ON:RELAY_OFF);
      }
    }

void setup()  
    {
       // use the 1.1 V internal reference
       analogReference(INTERNAL);

pinMode(LEDPIN, OUTPUT);
      digitalWrite(LEDPIN, LOW);
      Wire.begin();
      pinMode(CSMEM_PIN, OUTPUT);
      digitalWrite(CSMEM_PIN, HIGH);

dht.setup(DHT_DATA_PIN); // set data pin of DHT sensor
      if (UPDATE_INTERVAL <= dht.getMinimumSamplingPeriod()) {
        Serial.println("Warning: UPDATE_INTERVAL is smaller than supported by the sensor!");
      }
      // Sleep for the time of the minimum sampling period to give the sensor time to power up
      // (otherwise, timeout errors might occure for the first reading)
      sleepIntervalSec = dht.getMinimumSamplingPeriod();
      clearAlarm();
      delay(20);
      setNewAlarm();
      sleep(dht.getMinimumSamplingPeriod());
      analogRead(BATTERY_SENSE_PIN);
     }

void presentation() {
       // Send the sketch version information to the gateway and Controller
       sendSketchInfo("Humidity sensor", "1.0");
       present(CHILD_ID_MULTIMETER, S_MULTIMETER, "VOLT", true);
       present(CHILD_ID_HUM, S_HUM, "HUMIDITY", true);
       present(CHILD_ID_TEMP, S_TEMP, "TEMP", true);
      for (int sensor=1, pin=RELAY_1; sensor<=NUMBER_OF_RELAYS; sensor++, pin++) {
        // Register all sensors to gw (they will be created as child devices)
        present(sensor, S_BINARY);
      }
      metric = getControllerConfig().isMetric;
    }

void loop()
    {
      wait(100);
       int sensorValue = analogRead(BATTERY_SENSE_PIN);
       #ifdef MY_DEBUG
       Serial.println(sensorValue);
       #endif
       float batteryV  = sensorValue * 0.004551646;
       if(sensorValue < batteryBasement) {
        sensorValue = batteryBasement;
        batteryV = 0;
       }
       else if (sensorValue > batteryFull) {
        sensorValue = batteryFull;
       }
       int batteryPcnt = (sensorValue - batteryBasement) * batteryConstant;
           if ((abs(oldBatteryPcnt - batteryPcnt) > 1)) {
          sendBatteryLevel(batteryPcnt);
          oldBatteryPcnt = batteryPcnt;
        }

if(batteryV != lastbatteryV) {
       send(msgVolt.set(batteryV, 2));
       lastbatteryV = batteryV;
       }
       #ifdef MY_DEBUG
       Serial.print("Battery Voltage: ");
       Serial.print(batteryV);
       Serial.println(" V");
       Serial.print("Battery percent: ");
       Serial.print(batteryPcnt);
       Serial.println(" %");
       #endif

// Force reading sensor, so it works also after sleep()
      dht.readSensor(true);

// Get temperature from DHT library
      float temperature = dht.getTemperature();
      if (isnan(temperature)) {
        Serial.println("Failed reading temperature from DHT!");
      } else if (temperature != lastTemp || nNoUpdatesTemp == FORCE_UPDATE_N_READS) {
        // Only send temperature if it changed since the last measurement or if we didn't send an update for n times
        lastTemp = temperature;
        if (!metric) {
          temperature = dht.toFahrenheit(temperature);
        }
        nNoUpdatesTemp = 0;
        temperature += SENSOR_TEMP_OFFSET;
        send(msgTemp.set(temperature, 1));
        #ifdef MY_DEBUG
        Serial.print("T: ");
        Serial.println(temperature);
        #endif
      } else {
        // Increase no update counter if the temperature stayed the same
        nNoUpdatesTemp++;
      }

// Get humidity from DHT library
      float humidity = dht.getHumidity();
      if (isnan(humidity)) {
        Serial.println("Failed reading humidity from DHT");
      } else if (humidity != lastHum || nNoUpdatesHum == FORCE_UPDATE_N_READS) {
        // Only send humidity if it changed since the last measurement or if we didn't send an update for n times
        lastHum = humidity;
        nNoUpdatesHum = 0;
        send(msgHum.set(humidity, 1));

#ifdef MY_DEBUG
        Serial.print("H: ");
        Serial.println(humidity);
        #endif
      } else {
        // Increase no update counter if the humidity stayed the same
        nNoUpdatesHum++;
      }
    long sleepTime = UPDATE_INTERVAL;
    if (batteryPcnt < 50) {
      sleepTime = (sleepTime * 2);
    }
      // Sleep for a while to save energy
      sleepIntervalSec = sleepTime / 1000;
      Serial.println();
      Serial.print("Setting new sleep time: ");
      Serial.print(sleepIntervalSec);
      Serial.println(" seconds.");
      clearAlarm();
      delay(20);
      setNewAlarm();
      smartSleep(sleepTime);

}

void receive(const MyMessage &message)
    {
      // We only expect one type of message from controller. But we better check anyway.
      if (message.type==V_STATUS) {
        // Change relay state
        digitalWrite(message.sensor-1+RELAY_1, message.getBool()?RELAY_ON:RELAY_OFF);
        // Store state in eeprom
        saveState(message.sensor, message.getBool());
        // Write some debug info
        Serial.print("Incoming change for sensor:");
        Serial.print(message.sensor);
        Serial.print(", New status: ");
        Serial.println(message.getBool());
      }
    }

Sensor startup:

0 MCO:BGN:INIT NODE,CP=RRNNA--,VER=2.1.1
    3 MCO:BGN:BFR
    4 TSM:INIT
    5 TSF:WUR:MS=0
    8 TSM:INIT:TSP OK
    9 TSM:INIT:STATID=66
    11 TSF:SID:OK,ID=66
    13 TSM:FPAR
    143 TSF:MSG:SEND,66-66-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    524 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-66,s=255,c=3,t=8,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:0
    529 TSF:MSG:FPAR OK,ID=0,D=1
    2150 TSM:FPAR:OK
    2151 TSM:ID
    2152 TSM:ID:OK
    2154 TSM:UPL
    2161 TSF:MSG:SEND,66-66-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=24,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:1
    2181 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-66,s=255,c=3,t=25,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:1
    2186 TSF:MSG:PONG RECV,HP=1
    2189 TSM:UPL:OK
    2190 TSM:READY:ID=66,PAR=0,DIS=1
    2199 TSF:MSG:SEND,66-66-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=15,pt=6,l=2,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:0100
    2253 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-66,s=255,c=3,t=15,pt=6,l=2,sg=0:0100
    2310 TSF:MSG:SEND,66-66-0-0,s=255,c=0,t=17,pt=0,l=5,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:2.1.1
    2366 TSF:MSG:SEND,66-66-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:0
    2403 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-66,s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:M
    2461 TSF:MSG:SEND,66-66-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=11,pt=0,l=15,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:Humidity sensor
    2562 TSF:MSG:SEND,66-66-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=12,pt=0,l=3,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:1.0
    2618 TSF:MSG:SEND,66-66-0-0,s=2,c=0,t=30,pt=0,l=4,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:VOLT
    2757 !TSF:MSG:SEND,66-66-0-0,s=0,c=0,t=7,pt=0,l=8,sg=0,ft=0,st=NACK:HUMIDITY
    2777 TSF:MSG:SEND,66-66-0-0,s=1,c=0,t=6,pt=0,l=4,sg=0,ft=1,st=OK:TEMP
    2912 !TSF:MSG:SEND,66-66-0-0,s=1,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=NACK:
    2918 MCO:REG:REQ
    2974 TSF:MSG:SEND,66-66-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=26,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=1,st=OK:2
    2991 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-66,s=255,c=3,t=27,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:1
    2996 MCO:PIM:NODE REG=1
    2999 MCO:BGN:STP
    3154 MCO:SLP:MS=2000,SMS=0,I1=255,M1=255,I2=255,M2=255
    3160 MCO:SLP:TPD
    3161 MCO:SLP:WUP=-1
    3163 MCO:BGN:INIT OK,TSP=1

Log Sensor: (This is when I press the button when the sensor is awake)
    It's sends away it's heartbeat correctly.

125578 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-66,s=3,c=1,t=2,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:0
    Incoming change for sensor:3, New status: 0

Setting new sleep time: 5 seconds.
    137926 MCO:SLP:MS=5000,SMS=1,I1=255,M1=255,I2=255,M2=255
    137939 TSF:MSG:SEND,66-66-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=22,pt=5,l=4,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:134932

Log Openhab: And the gateway receives heartbeat.

18:21:37.174 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsWriter] - Sending to MySensors: 66;3;1;0;2;0
    18:21:37.178 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent    ] - Item 'TestLight' received command OFF
    18:21:37.181 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - TestLight changed from ON to OFF
    18:22:15.416 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsReader] - 66;255;3;0;22;134932
    18:22:16.372 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsWriter] - Sending to MySensors: 0;0;3;0;2;
    18:22:16.408 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsReader] - 0;255;3;0;2;2.1.1

Log Openhab: When the node sleeps..

18:26:52.396 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsWriter] - Sending to MySensors: 66;3;1;0;2;0
    18:26:52.397 [INFO ] [smarthome.event.ItemCommandEvent    ] - Item 'TestLight' received command OFF
    18:26:52.399 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - TestLight changed from ON to OFF

As you can see there is no mention in the openhab log file about buffering or smart sleep. Or a received heartbeat. Which it gets.
    What am I doing wrong?

• First I want to thank you for this binding, got it working with my esp8266 gateway without any problems at all. However, I want to ask how the reconnection problem is developing, any plans to solve it or is it not possible? I've tried to scan the thread but didn't find any information regarding it.

• Thanks for making this binding! 🙂

One question, is there a specific reason motion (tripped) sensors have to be Contact items?
    In OH2 all the Z-wave motion sensors are Switches (AFAIK) so it would be nice if the mysensor PIR's could also be Switches so I can just add these to my existing motion sensor groups and rules.

(I tried setting a triggered channel as Switch but it didn't work)

• @Alpoy check this discussion on GitHub. The question is still open.

@antonholmstedt reconnection is currently implemented in binding (look here). Feel free to open an issue if you experience reconnection fails in your environment 😃

• @antonholmstedt reconnection is currently implemented in binding (look here). Feel free to open an issue if you experience reconnection fails in your environment 😃

Yes I have reconnection problems right now, so will open an issue 🙂

• I was checking back on this bindning and it really has matured!
    On GitHub I see that there are some updates referring to MqTT protocol.
    Are they available in the JAR that is posted here?
    http://www.oberfoell.com/openhab2/org.openhab.binding.mysensors-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Kudos on the great work!

@Nicklas-Starkel Well no, MQTT Gateway is not yet supported. 😞
    I got distracted by my current hardware project and need to catch up on the binding. First tests of the MQTT addition to the binding look very promising and I'll include it soon.

The current release is this one: http://www.oberfoell.com/openhab2/org.openhab.binding.mysensors-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

While preparing the code to be included in OpenHAB2 I'm currently changing some things that will break the current configuration / things files. But I will give some information about that with the release of the next version.

• Hi @TimO, @andreacioni.

I am doing some "expert mode" rules where I need to get the NodeId of a specific sensors, or at least, to get all the configured Nodes Ids. Is that possible?

I would like to cron a rule where every X minutes, heartbeat request message is sent to all configured nodes, so as to see wether they are alive or not.

Thanks, regards.

• Hi @gonzalonal 😃

In the new version of binding we have implemented a (beta-)function that allows you to send heartbeat message at certain interval without the need to write your own rules.

Please take a lock at this gateway-parameter (you must have set enableNetworkSanCheck=true and sanityCheckerInterval).

With sanCheckSendHeartbeat parameter set you could also use this node-parameter to put your nodes offline after a certain number of failure.

I hope this function will help you!

• Hi @andreacioni . Thats a great feature.
    But for the moment, I think I prefer doing it manually, by rules, because of the way in which I can show my offline nodes in my sitemap and configure custom notifications for them.

For each node, I have a datetime item showing the time of last heartbeat response received. If more than 25' have passed (5 heartbeats request, 1 heartbeat request each 5 mins) without response, I fire up a notification telling that that specific node has gone offline.

So, back to my original question. Is there any way to get Node Ids at the rules engine?

Do you believe we can customize this kind of behavior with the beta feature proposed?

Thanks, regards.

@gonzalonal I have no clue! Could be possible, but better ask at the OH2 community because the node Id is something that is specified in the thing description (xml) and maybe it is possible to access this information in rules.

• Hardware Contributor

Does this happen to support MQTT gateways? You mention serial or ethernet, but openhab doesn't support ethernet so i'm assuming you mean ethernet as the mqtt ethernet gateway?

• Just few posts before 😉

@TimO said in openHAB 2.0 binding:

@Nicklas-Starkel Well no, MQTT Gateway is not yet supported. 😞
    I got distracted by my current hardware project and need to catch up on the binding. First tests of the MQTT addition to the binding look very promising and I'll include it soon.

The current release is this one: http://www.oberfoell.com/openhab2/org.openhab.binding.mysensors-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

While preparing the code to be included in OpenHAB2 I'm currently changing some things that will break the current configuration / things files. But I will give some information about that with the release of the next version.

• Hardware Contributor

I'm sorry, I ran a ctrl+f search and it either didn't show or i completely missed it, thank you for the prompt reply though.

In this case then i will have to wait for this release then as i can't achieve what i need to do with rules. Do we have any idea when the release will be?

• Hi, did anyone hit the problem when it seems that all works fine
    and then mysensors plugin start to think that it failed connecting to bridge (even if it doesnt actually)

Should I find newer version (last jar I found is since 2017-01-18)

I put message from node every 1 second, and in log you will see "0;255;3;0;9;TSF:MSG:READ...." every second
    but every 10 second it recconects saying "Failed connecting to bridge...next retry in 10 seconds (Retry No.:31).... Shutting down serial connection!...

17:40:21.656 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsReader] - 0;255;3;0;9;TSF:MSG:READ,202-202-0,s=1,c=1,t=37,pt=2,l=2,sg=0:468
    17:40:21.657 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsReader] - 202;1;1;0;37;468
    17:40:22.421 [ERROR] [col.serial.MySensorsSerialConnection] - Can't connect to serial port. Wrong port?
    17:40:22.424 [ERROR] [col.serial.MySensorsSerialConnection] - Failed connecting to bridge...next retry in 10 seconds (Retry No.:31)
    17:40:22.425 [DEBUG] [col.serial.MySensorsSerialConnection] - Shutting down serial connection!
    17:40:22.842 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsReader] - 0;255;3;0;9;TSF:MSG:READ,202-202-0,s=1,c=1,t=37,pt=2,l=2,sg=0:486
    17:40:22.844 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsReader] - 202;1;1;0;37;486
    17:40:24.029 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsReader] - 0;255;3;0;9;TSF:MSG:READ,202-202-0,s=1,c=1,t=37,pt=2,l=2,sg=0:470
    17:40:24.032 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsReader] - 202;1;1;0;37;470
    17:40:25.218 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsReader] - 0;255;3;0;9;TSF:MSG:READ,202-202-0,s=1,c=1,t=37,pt=2,l=2,sg=0:474
    17:40:25.222 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsReader] - 202;1;1;0;37;474
    17:40:26.406 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsReader] - 0;255;3;0;9;TSF:MSG:READ,202-202-0,s=1,c=1,t=37,pt=2,l=2,sg=0:486
    17:40:26.407 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsReader] - 202;1;1;0;37;486
    17:40:27.591 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsReader] - 0;255;3;0;9;TSF:MSG:READ,202-202-0,s=1,c=1,t=37,pt=2,l=2,sg=0:466
    17:40:27.592 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsReader] - 202;1;1;0;37;466
    17:40:28.783 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsReader] - 0;255;3;0;9;TSF:MSG:READ,202-202-0,s=1,c=1,t=37,pt=2,l=2,sg=0:483
    17:40:28.786 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsReader] - 202;1;1;0;37;483
    17:40:29.967 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsReader] - 0;255;3;0;9;TSF:MSG:READ,202-202-0,s=1,c=1,t=37,pt=2,l=2,sg=0:483
    17:40:29.972 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsReader] - 202;1;1;0;37;483
    17:40:31.158 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsReader] - 0;255;3;0;9;TSF:MSG:READ,202-202-0,s=1,c=1,t=37,pt=2,l=2,sg=0:463
    17:40:31.163 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsReader] - 202;1;1;0;37;463
    17:40:32.344 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsReader] - 0;255;3;0;9;TSF:MSG:READ,202-202-0,s=1,c=1,t=37,pt=2,l=2,sg=0:487
    17:40:32.346 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsReader] - 202;1;1;0;37;487
    17:40:32.431 [DEBUG] [col.serial.MySensorsSerialConnection] - Connecting to /dev/ttyUSB0 [baudRate:115200]
    17:40:32.435 [DEBUG] [col.serial.MySensorsSerialConnection] - Final port list: /dev/ttyUSB0
    17:40:33.530 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsReader] - 0;255;3;0;9;TSF:MSG:READ,202-202-0,s=1,c=1,t=37,pt=2,l=2,sg=0:470
    17:40:33.533 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsReader] - 202;1;1;0;37;470
    17:40:34.438 [ERROR] [col.serial.MySensorsSerialConnection] - Can't connect to serial port. Wrong port?
    17:40:34.440 [ERROR] [col.serial.MySensorsSerialConnection] - Failed connecting to bridge...next retry in 10 seconds (Retry No.:32)
    17:40:34.441 [DEBUG] [col.serial.MySensorsSerialConnection] - Shutting down serial connection!
    17:40:34.720 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.protocol.MySensorsReader] - 0;255;3;0;9;TSF:MSG:READ,202-202-0,s=1,c=1,t=37,pt=2,l=2,sg=0:472

• @Igor-Antolić huh,... my mistake, just installed 2.1.0 instead of 2.0.0. It seems it is from 2017-03-07.

I dont have a good way to find last version of lib. Any suggestion how to check if last stabile version of mysensors java lib?

@Igor-Antolić I'm glad it worked after the update!

It currently is not possible to automatically update (or check) for the most recent version. There are currently two sources for the binding:

• the IoT Marketplace
    • The link in the wiki on github

The most convenient way is the integration in the official openhab2-plugins repository and I'm working on it, but I still have a lot of homework to do.

Maybe the IoT Marketplace will soon support such mechanisms, there are a few extensions planned.

@Samuel235 said in openHAB 2.0 binding:

In this case then i will have to wait for this release then as i can't achieve what i need to do with rules. Do we have any idea when the release will be?

What is it, what you want to achieve? I'm running MQTT too, as a connection between OpenHAB2 and nodered (50% of my rules are now nodered based). My gateways are serial or ethernet based.

serial / ethernet gateway
    <->
    OpenHAB2 binding
    <->
    MQTT Event bus
    <->
    nodered

@Samuel235 Are you willing and have the ability to test the MQTT implementation of the binding? Any help is really appreciated!

• Guys,

I am getting this in Karaf :

16:20:33.171 [WARN ] [thome.io.rest.core.item.ItemResource] - Received HTTP PUT request at 'items/MySensorsDevice21_Lock' with an invalid item type 'Status'.

and this in PaperUI

"ERROR : undefined - undefined"  "some error occured"

when trying to link "Lock status" of an rfid node to an item in PaperUI...

Is that anything to do with the binding ? Or shall i ask eslewhere ?

Thanks a lot for your help (in general as well 😉 )

• Hardware Contributor

@TimO - I have implemented a work-around for the issue that i was facing. OpenHAB just can't handle a empty MQTT message, so there is a fix for the pulse sensor to work with OpenHAB by changing the message that it send over to the MQTT server.

If you're interested in how this is done, please refer to: https://forum.mysensors.org/topic/3088/pulse-power-meter-with-openhab/4

I will be documenting this in possibly better to read steps for people when I get chance to finish the documentation to my new hardware node for the Pulse Sensor.

• @LastSamurai
    Hello, i'am trying to connect a RGBW node by the serial gateway, is there already a solution for the hexstring format in the bindings or do we need to handle the rgbw items separatly ?
    kind regards
    Roger

@RVMRVM could you give this one a try?

https://github.com/tobof/openhab2-addons/issues/76

It is not yet integrated into the main branch. If you could test it and give me some feedback I would be very grateful. 🙂

• Hardware Contributor

@RVMRVM Sorry I haven't had the time to test anything yet (was working on another project). Might take me a while to get to.

• @patrick-schaerer
    hi patrick
    i follow your guide with command to install MPC23017 Binding on openhab2
    sudo chmod openhab.openhab /usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.mcp23017-1.9.0.jar
    but it not work and has information" chmod: invalid mode: ‘openhab.openhab’
    then i take ":" instead of "." into account like
    sudo chmod openhab:openhab /usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.openhab.binding.mcp23017-1.9.0.jar
    but it same error
    0_1496478264776_upload-ff8c1fc1-81fa-4e92-9e2d-46d4d7ca3f33
    can you help me, please.
    thanks you

@the-trung This thread is OpenHAB and MySensors binding related. Better ask here: https://community.openhab.org

In your case I suppose you need to switch chmod with chown. 🙂

• I am trying to make use of the customSensor using org.openhab.binding.mysensors-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar I see the node 12 var4 message arrive but it is not being assigned to my item; am I doing something wrong? I have tried both string and number item types.

10:37:37.879 [DEBUG] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsReader] - 12;0;1;0;27;1023
    10:37:37.880 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Node 12 found in gateway
    10:37:37.881 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Child 0 found in node 12
    10:37:37.882 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Updating channel: var4(27) value to: 1023
    10:37:37.896 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Setting last update for node/child 12/0 to 2017-06-03T10:37:37.000-0400
    10:37:37.901 [DEBUG] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsReader] - 12;255;3;0;22;63464
    10:37:37.912 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Sensor12LastUpdate changed from 2017-06-03T10:37:26.000-0400 to 2017-06-03T10:37:37.000-0400
    10:37:37.925 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - mySMsg01 changed from 1;4;1;0;1;64.2 to 12;0;1;0;27;1023
    10:37:37.935 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - mySMsg01 changed from 12;0;1;0;27;1023 to 12;255;3;0;22;63464
    10:37:41.974 [DEBUG] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsReader] - 2;0;1;0;17;544
    10:37:41.975 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Node 2 found in gateway
    10:37:41.976 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Child 0 found in node 2
    10:37:41.976 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Updating channel: watt(17) value to: 544
    10:37:41.984 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Setting last update for node/child 2/0 to 2017-06-03T10:37:41.000-0400
    10:37:41.995 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - watt01 changed from 547 to 544
    10:37:42.005 [DEBUG] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsReader] - 2;0;1;0;24;1138982
    10:37:42.006 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Sensor02LastUpdate changed from 2017-06-03T10:37:27.000-0400 to 2017-06-03

Things

Bridge mysensors:bridge-eth:ethGatewayPi [ ipAddress="127.0.0.1", tcpPort=5003, sendDelay=200 ]
    {
       humidity         hum01       [ nodeId="1", childId="0" ]
       temperature      temp01      [ nodeId="1", childId="1" ]
       humidity         hum02       [ nodeId="1", childId="2" ]
       temperature      temp02      [ nodeId="1", childId="3" ]
       humidity         hum03       [ nodeId="1", childId="4" ]
       temperature      temp03      [ nodeId="1", childId="5" ]
       power            power01     [ nodeId="2", childId="0" ]
       rgbLight         rgb02       [ nodeId="6", childId="0", requestAck=true ]
       light            relay01     [ nodeId="7", childId="0", requestAck=true ]
       motion           motion01    [ nodeId="8", childId="0", requestAck=true ]
       motion           motion02    [ nodeId="9", childId="0", requestAck=true ]
       light            relay02     [ nodeId="9", childId="1", requestAck=true ]
       cover            cover03     [ nodeId="10", childId="0", requestAck=true, smartSleep=true ]
       cover            cover02     [ nodeId="11", childId="0", requestAck=true, smartSleep=true ]
       customSensor     blind01     [ nodeId="12", childId="0", requestAck=true, smartSleep=true ]
       mySensorsMessage mySMsg01    [ nodeId="999", childId="999" ]
    }

items:

String blind1BatReading	    "Blind#1 Battery A/D Reading"  	<battery>			{ channel="mysensors:customSensor:ethGatewayPi:blind01:var4" }										
    DateTime Sensor12LastUpdate "Last seen Nd12 [%1$ta %1$tT]"       <clock>    	{ channel="mysensors:customSensor:ethGatewayPi:blind01:lastupdate" }

edit 6/7: I stand corrected, the variables are being updated. I was fooled by the log. For some reason the log does not show the change the way it did it binding 2.0.0. I placed debug messages in my rules and they're updating.

• @TimO is it possible to configure using paper ui?

cheers
    Matt

• @TimO
    I follow your guid and it's ok, then i checks karaf and see there 0_1496630110147_karaf2.png
    is this mean i installed my binding?
    and i have question
    did you fix error : Unable to install bundle openhab-transport-serial
    thanks you so much

@carlyler thank you for filing an issue, I'll look into it.

@the-trung yes, the binding seems to be installed. Serial transport is needed for MySensors. I'm not able to answer questions about mcp binding.

• @TimO Hey Tim, before i start test , i have installed OH2.1 build #925 on 2 new W8 pc's.
    download the org.openhab.binding.mysensors-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar file and put it in the addons folder.
    result:
    2017-06-10 15:01:27.812 [INFO ] [.dashboard.internal.DashboardService] - Started dashboard at /start
    2017-06-10 15:01:27.922 [INFO ] [basic.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet] - Started Basic UI at /basicui/app
    2017-06-10 15:01:28.031 [INFO ] [arthome.ui.paper.internal.PaperUIApp] - Started Paper UI at /paperui
    2017-06-10 15:01:28.250 [INFO ] [panel.internal.HABPanelDashboardTile] - Started HABPanel at /habpanel
    2017-06-10 15:01:28.281 [ERROR] [org.openhab.binding.mysensors ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR - org.openhab.binding.mysensors
    org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.mysensors [182]
    Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: gnu.io

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.101.v20150820-1432.jar:]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1582)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.101.v20150820-1432.jar:]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1562)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.101.v20150820-1432.jar:]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1533)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.101.v20150820-1432.jar:]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1476)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.101.v20150820-1432.jar:]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.101.v20150820-1432.jar:]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.101.v20150820-1432.jar:]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)[org.eclipse.osgi-3.10.101.v20150820-1432.jar:]

i cannot start the mysensors binding ...

i have installed it on 3 diff pc's, same result , can you help mee with this, i'am stucked ..

thanks in advance
    kind regards

• @RVMRVM

Did you run feature:install openhab-transport-serial, on OH console?

• Oh yes, i dit not, that was the problem, now i can start to test the RGB-RGBW , hope that i can run this
    thanks for the quit reaction
    Roger

• @TimO Hello, i tried the RGB & RGBW , it looks ok but there are no commands that been send to the node and this for every item, a'im new in the openHab world, so that will be the problem.
    the result is the same for RGB & RGBW
    my .things file:

Bridge mysensors:bridge-eth:gateway [ ipAddress="192.168.2.190", tcpPort=5003, sendDelay=200 ] {
    light:RGBW_23_Status [ nodeId="23", childId="0", requestAck=false]
    rgbwLight:RGBW_23_Color [ nodeId="23", childId="1", requestAck=false ]
    dimmer:RGBW_23_Dimmer [ nodeId="23", childId="2", requestAck=false ]
    }

my .items file:

Group GF_Living "Living Room" <video> (gGF)

/* Indoor Temperatures */
    //Number Temperature_GF_Living "Temperature [%.1f °C]" <temperature> (Temperature, GF_Living)

Switch RGBW_23_Status "Living" (GF_Living, Lights) { channel="mysensors:bridge-eth:gateway:RGBW_23_Status"}
    Dimmer RGBW_23_Dimmer "Living" <slider> (GF_Living, Lights) ["Lighting"] { channel="mysensors:bridge-eth:gateway:RGBW_23_Dimmer"}
    Color RGBW_23_Color "RGBW Light" <colorwheel> {channel = "mysensors:bridge-eth:gateway:RGBW_23_Color"}

and my .sitemap file
    sitemap rvms label="test rvms"
    {
    Frame label="RGBW Living" {
    Switch item=RGBW_23_Status label="Button Switch" mappings=[ON="on",OFF="off"]
    Slider item=RGBW_23_Dimmer switchSupport
    Colorpicker item=RGBW_23_Color
    }
    }

as result we have:
    0_1497172964239_upload-df31d06d-cc9b-47df-9583-831a701cdeed
    and in the paperUI:
    0_1497173108301_upload-088cd943-2a85-4ad4-9197-b76b075f4ffe
    this is what the log-file shows:
    2017-06-11 09:50:48.187 [INFO ] [.dashboard.internal.DashboardService] - Started dashboard at /start
    2017-06-11 09:50:51.161 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'rvms.items'
    2017-06-11 09:50:52.088 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'rvms.sitemap'
    2017-06-11 09:50:52.187 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'rvms.things'
    2017-06-11 09:50:52.978 [INFO ] [basic.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet] - Started Basic UI at /basicui/app
    2017-06-11 09:50:53.006 [INFO ] [arthome.ui.paper.internal.PaperUIApp] - Started Paper UI at /paperui
    2017-06-11 09:50:53.073 [INFO ] [panel.internal.HABPanelDashboardTile] - Started HABPanel at /habpanel
    2017-06-11 09:50:53.404 [INFO ] [assic.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet] - Started Classic UI at /classicui/app
    2017-06-11 09:50:53.555 [WARN ] [.discovery.MySensorsDiscoveryService] - Cannot automatic discover thing node: 0, child: 255 please insert it manually
    2017-06-11 09:50:53.558 [INFO ] [al.protocol.ip.MySensorsIpConnection] - Successfully connected to MySensors Bridge.
    2017-06-11 09:55:56.976 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Refreshing model 'rvms.things'
    2017-06-11 09:55:56.988 [WARN ] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsWriter] - Interrupted MySensorsWriter
    2017-06-11 09:55:56.989 [WARN ] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsReader] - Interrupted MySensorsReader
    2017-06-11 09:55:58.010 [WARN ] [.discovery.MySensorsDiscoveryService] - Cannot automatic discover thing node: 0, child: 255 please insert it manually
    2017-06-11 09:55:58.020 [INFO ] [al.protocol.ip.MySensorsIpConnection] - Successfully connected to MySensors Bridge.
    2017-06-11 10:08:57.483 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Refreshing model 'rvms.sitemap'

so what is wrong here ?
    thanks in advance
    Roger

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics