Problem with Ethernet GW - W5100

• Yesterday I successfully ran my Ethernet Gateway (Ethernet Shield with Uno) with the MQTT Client from Norbert Truchsess. I was able to receive sensor data and it published it to my MQTT broker.

Today I wanted to continue on that and I receive only 0;0;3;0;9;check wires.
    I can ping the Gateway. I also successfully ran a WebServer sketch on that setup.

I have no idea how to proceed. Any suggestions???

Cheers,
    Thomas

• Interesting: My Fritzbox does not list the gateway as active connection.

Is there any experience with the Ethernet shields coming from China?

Cheers,
    Thomas

• I'm having the same problem but not really done enough troubleshooting myself. I built a serial gateway after starting over with the Ethernet gateway a couple of times with the same issue.

Serial gateway works fine and I happened to notice the Ethernet gateway wiring page doesn't mention IRQ pin but the serial does.. Not sure how much that has anything to do with it but just something I noticed. I'm assuming the radio bit was at fault due to the pins differing between the serial and Ethernet gateways..

• Hardware Contributor

I remember i had the same problem and had to change some pins for the radio. This can be Changed in the softspi in the lib. I dont know why that worked but maybe i had a bad shield / UNO. I think it was from here i solved it: http://forum.mysensors.org/topic/466/ethernet-gateway-problem/21

• I am a complete idiot. When I continued my work the day before yesterday, I recompiled but forgot to enable SOFT_SPI. After it failed, I checked the wiring and re-wired wrongly. So SOFT_SPI was set but indeed the wiring was wrong then.

It seems to be solved. Let's see how stable it will be. Thanks four your support!!!

Cheers,
    Thomas

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics