Override Function

• I have just received my Vera Edge and did the basic setup, I was wondering if there is an override function i.e. if I create a scene which switches on the lights when it gets dark and there is movement in the room BUT I am watching a moving and want to override the basic functionality and switch the lights off. How is this handled in vera, is it built in functionality or is it something I need to create logic for, or should I try creating a plugin?

• Contest Winner

@Atomfire said:

is it something I need to create logic for, or should I try creating a plugin?

look into PLEG plugin on the Vera forum... 100% worth the few dollars and can do what you want.

A relatively steep learning curve, but the developer supports it nearly real-time.

• I had already decided that I will need PLEG and happy to pay for it, is this standard functionality within PLEG or I need to put together the logic myself?

• Contest Winner

@Atomfire

lots of examples on the Vera Forum, so you have to use that.

@petewill did a youtube video you can search for here, it will help. The interface can be a challenge at first.

• I have been finding the iOS app interface is quite slow, I tested openhab before putting the money down on Vera and it was much quicker although a bit old looking. But OpenHab looked like a bit too much to bite off for my first foray into home automation.

• Contest Winner

@Atomfire said:

I have been finding the iOS app interface is quite slow

For Vera, look into Vera Mate iOS app

• Thanks for the heads up with the app, it certainly seems a lot better, setup the geofencing tonight so will see how that works out. I need to have a look at PLEG next and see how it ticks, unfortunately no sign of any of my sensors yet 😞

• Where about in Scotland are you?

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to MySensors Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.