Arduino Nano power related issue

• I'm betting somebody on here knows the answer. I am powering my nano via pin 30 with a 9v input. My node is a relay. It powers up and registers on domoticz. It won't however switch the relay.

Neat part is if I plug in the usb cable it will switch the relay with all the same code etc.....what is the deal here?

• Admin

Been discussed here a few times. Power the relay separately (not through the Arduino board).

• it is powered seperately, should have mentioned that. regardless it works with usb and not with pin 30. Power supply is 9V 2A

@punter9 said:

it is powered seperately, should have mentioned that. regardless it works with usb and not with pin 30. Power supply is 9V 2A

How is it connected? can you share a photo or at least the wiring?

• I have a 9v power supply with a + and - wire. I have wired the nano pin 30 and the relay vcc to the + wire of the power supply. Same goes with the negative, wiring the ground nearest to pin 30 on the nano to the - wire on the power supply and the gnd on the relay to the - wire on the power supply.

the mysensors radio is on the 3.3v pin and ground on the board

@punter9 Can you post a link to the relay module that you are using?

Cheers
    Al

• link text

I switched the relay power to come off the 5v pin on the board and replaced the nano board with another and it is working. The old one seems to have died.

@punter9 Given it's a 5 volt module, powering it with 9V is not a good idea. The specs on the Songle relay indicate that it draws about 90mA. The official Nano has a 500mA 5V regulator so if you don't have too much else connected, that should be fine. If you are using a Nano clone, then take a look at the specs for the regulator it uses.

Cheers
    Al

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics