Vera Sensor Adjustment Suggestion?

Could I put a suggestion in the hopper for the Vera interface. I've built a number of sensors do far and I noticed that there is a significant difference in the accuracy of the components used for humidity, temperature, etc. While it's possible to add adjustment factors in the Arduino code, I've done this, but the variation is on a part to part basis, not global.

I'd like to see an adjustment factor built into the Vera display/output for each individual sensor. For example, the ability to add/subtract temperature to the sensor value to align it with the actual. Similarly add/subtract humidity, pressure, Lux, etc, specific for each type of sensor. This would allow the user to "trim" the results to match actual observed values at each sensor location.

• Admin

@clippermiami

Good idea, but this is not so simple as we use the standard Vera devices (UI is not extendable). A trim variable-value must then be added dynamically when a device is created and handled each time a value come in (only accessible through the advanced-tab). Some sensors have multiple values (e.g. battery level, humidity) which complicates things.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics