GatewayW5100MQTTClient - Setup Best Practice

• Hi There,

I have been getting up and running with OpenHAB and mysensors over last few months and I just wanted to check with more experienced people my setup, as I have a few questions about connecting to openHAB. I've already spent a quite a few hours trawling through other posts on the forum and not found the answers to my questions.

My setup is as follows:
    I have OpenHAB running nicely on a raspberrypi2
    I have two mysenors measureing temp and humidity working nicely
    I have Mosquitto up and running on the pi2 which is getting messages from my sensor nodes quite nicely too
    I have setup the mqtt binding with OpenHAB and I have been able to get my temp and humidity data into OpenHAB, which is great.

My questions relate to topics and subscribing in OpenHAB? When I uploaded the GatewayW5100MQTTClient sketch I left everything as default but I see that it's possible to change publish and subscribe prefixes,

1. What prefixes do people recommend to use??
    2. If I have added MQTT items in my items file Do I also still need to setup my binding configuration in the openhah.cfg file??

Having read carefully through the MQTT binding wiki, I'm still a little unclear about these??

#######################################################################################
    #####                        Binding configurations                               #####
    #######################################################################################
    mqtt-eventbus:broker=tcp://localhost:1883
    mqtt-eventbus:stateSubscribeTopic=/mygateway1-out/${item}/state

I'm not even sure if these bindings are correct??

When I loaded up the humidity sketch I defined the node ID as 3 and I get the following as my default topic mygateway1-out/3/0/1/0/1 for that node

This isn't that meaningful and I was wondering how I make them more meaningful???

Any guidance on the best practice for all of these setting would be very much appreciated.

Looks like your connection to MySensors Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.