Call to begin function hangs arduino

• I have a NRF24L01+ module connected to an arduino uno board. I use a 100uF 25V capacitor. When execute sketch arduino hangs and returns this text in serial output:

send: 2-2-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=15,pt=2,l=2,sg=0,st=ok:0

I tried to call MySensor constructor and begin function with and without parameters.

Where is the problem?

Thanks

The code I used is

#include <MySensor.h>
    #include <MySigningNone.h>
    #include <MyTransportNRF24.h>
    #include <MyHwATMega328.h>
    #include <SPI.h>

#define ID 0
    #define OPEN 1
    #define CLOSE 0

MyTransportNRF24 transport(9, 10);
    MySigningNone signer;
    MyHwATMega328 hw;
    MySensor gw(transport,hw);
    //MySensor gw;
    MyMessage msg(ID, V_TRIPPED);

void response(const MyMessage &m){

}

void setup() 
    { 
      Serial.begin(115200);
      //Serial.print("Setup ");
      gw.begin(response,2,false,AUTO);
      //gw.begin();
      Serial.println("begin");
      gw.present(ID, S_DOOR,"Sensor de prova",false); 
    }

void loop()
    {
         Serial.print("Identificador ");
         Serial.println(gw.getNodeId());
         gw.send(msg.set(OPEN));
         gw.sendSketchInfo("Sketch de prova","0.0", true);
         delay(1000); // Wait 10 seconds
    }```

• Contest Winner

@gerard What do you want to achive with this sketch?

Normally this line is located in the setup() fucntion, sending this message once in enough

gw.sendSketchInfo("Sketch de prova","0.0", true);

And beter use

gw.wait(1000);

in stead of delay().

During the gw.wait() the gw.process() function is called which handles the MySensor incomming messages.

• @BartE Its simply a test. My final project is to connect a motion sensor and a NRF24L01+ module to an arduino nano board. And in the other side another arduino with a NRF24L01+ module connected to a Raspberry.
    But at this moment I just want to test communication between two nodes

• I can confirm that the Arduino hangs at the init, if it cannot communicate with the nRF24L01+.

Often had that "issue" when I accidentally disconnected the MOSI cable and the communcation was broken. There seems to be no timeout though. If you enable the MySensors debugging, you will see radio init... on your serial line.

I now use this behaviour as a kind of self-test. In the setup() of my sketches, I turn on an LED, do the radio init and turn it off afterwards. If it stays on, I know there is something wrong with the radio. Without even connecting a single serial cable.

Maybe you can use it this way, too.

Just to clarify: The hang will not happen if you have a bad radio range. It will only happen if the local communcation through SPI fails.

• @SiLeX So it may be due to an incorrect connection? Pins of module are untagged and I connected them according to the positions of schemes that I found online. All modules have same pinout?

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics