Burn bootloader while NRF24L01 is connected

• I think I have distroyed many ATmega328p when I am trying to burn bootloader to it while NRF24L01 is connected to ATmega, both are using MISO, MOSI and SCK.

Can anyone confirm my thoughts?

• No, uselly you have "Enable" pin with pullup

• So they are not distroyed?

But I cant upload new bootloader when NRF is connected the ATmega always answer

avrdude: Device signature = 0x000000
    avrdude: Yikes!  Invalid device signature.

I remove the NRF and still answer

avrdude: Device signature = 0x000000
    avrdude: Yikes!  Invalid device signature.

• check ou have pullup resistor on CSN. Or you can try to remove NRF24 and try to burn bootloader.

• @Fabien said:

check ou have pullup resistor on CSN. Or you can try to remove NRF24 and try to burn bootloader.

See above: I get same answer when NRF is removed

• I don't know why your atmega isn't responding but it's not related to programming when NRF is connected.
    Can you check the fuse ? Is it work with new atmega you ISP hardware is ok ?

• @Fabien said:

I don't know why your atmega isn't responding but it's not related to programming when NRF is connected.
    Can you check the fuse ? Is it work with new atmega you ISP hardware is ok ?

Yes, it works with new atmega.
    I am using Arsuino UNO as ISP.

I will try to find a way to read fuses or maybe it is writing when I use AVRdude manually

• I tried with new atmega, it worked fine, so I tried with new atmega and NRF connected, worked fine. So I can be sure that the problem was/is not the NRF, as @Fabien said, thanks.
    I don't understand what it can be, I have destroyed maybe 5 pieces when I try to upload new sketch, through Arduino UNO as ISP, maybe it can be power problem or maybe the wires got loosen when I upload sketch?

• @Fabien said:

Can you check the fuse ?

I cannot check the fuses, atmega doesn't answer.

• I am using IDE 1.6.8

• This post is deleted!

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to MySensors Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.