NodeManager: plugin for a rapid development of battery-powered sensors
Hello, NodeManager's version 1.6 is almost ready. Plenty of new things and fixes are about to be available but I'd need some diverse testing before officially releasing it.
The first step would be to ensure that what was working with the current version is still working with this new release
All the new things are instead detailed here https://github.com/mysensors/NodeManager/issues?utf8=✓&q=milestone%3Av1.6 is%3Aclosed label%3Afixed and in the associated PRs.
The code is available at https://github.com/mysensors/NodeManager/tree/development.
Whoever is willing to give it a try, please report any issue directly on github whenever there is already an issue open or on https://forum.mysensors.org/topic/7266/nodemanager-v1-6-dev-comments-and-issues otherwise.
Ideally I'm targeting mid August for releasing a stable v1.6.
I'm using NM for all my projects and I really like it!
Will NodeManager support APDS-9960 RGB and Gesture Sensor in the future?
@Getz99 thanks for your feedback! I've created https://github.com/mysensors/NodeManager/issues/201 to track this request. Keep in mind no new features will be part of v1.6 which should be released soon so I've added this to the v1.7 backlog. Thanks
@user2684 Thanks! I understand it will not be in v1.6, I'm waiting for that release!
Hi, kind of the the last chance to share any feedback regarding NodeManager v1.6-dev which is almost ready and should be out in a week or two.
Instructions on how to test the pre-release and report issues here: https://forum.mysensors.org/topic/6183/nodemanager-plugin-for-a-rapid-development-of-battery-powered-sensors/184
NodeManager v1.6 is finally available! Download and upgrade instructions can be found as always on https://github.com/mysensors/NodeManager
First of all I want to thank everybody contributing to the project, especially those who have submitted pull requests to the repository.
In v1.6 we have 36 out-of-the-box sensors as well as a good number fixes and enhancements. The most notable are for sure the capability to customize any sensor remotely through a brand new remote API and a more flexible and effective way to configure reporting intervals and sleep cycles:
- Introduced new remote API to allow calling almost ALL NodeManager's and its sensors' functions remotely
- Reporting interval configuration is now indipendent from the sleep cycle
- Reporting interval can be customized per-sensor
- All intervals (measure/battery reports) are now time-based
- Added support for BMP280 temperature and pressure sensor
- Added support for RS485 serial transport
- Added support for TSL2561 light sensor
- Added support for DHT21 temperature/humidity sensor
- Added support for AM2320 temperature/humidity sensor
- Added support for PT100 high temperature sensor
- Added support for MH-Z19 CO2 sensor
- Added support for analog rain and soil moisture sensors
- Added support for generic dimmer sensor (PWM output)
- Added support for power and water meter pulse sensors
- Radio signal level (RSSI) is now reported automatically like the battery level
- SensorRainGauge now supports sleep mode
- SensorSwitch now supports awake mode
- SensorLatchingRealy now handles automatically both on and off commands
- SensorMQ now depends on its own module
- Added safeguard (automatic off) to SensorDigitalOutput
- Any sensor can now access all NodeManager's functions
- DHT sensor now using MySensors' DHT library
For those who have previously forked the repository, please ensure to merge the updated development branch first before submitting any new PR.
thanks again for your great work!
As I said, I will try to include my Chirp module into 1.7 via a github branch/fork. You wrote in your explanation of "contributing to the code", that it is not allowed, to change config.h. But how should I include the lines for the chirp sensor?
And in wich way can the documentation be modified? (chirp sensor paramaters)
@betonmoewe if I wrote that config.h cannot be changed, I wrote something wrong You can change whatever of course, just keep changes to config.h and the main sketch to the minimum since those can only be upgraded manually and not just by replacing the files. To add a new sensor, have a look at one of the existing sensors. Documentation can be updated as well by changing the README file. Should you have any doubt or issue feel free to open a new thread on https://forum.mysensors.org/category/43/nodemanager. Thanks!
When do you plan to release V1.7 ?
@vikasjee realistically it will take a while unfortunately I'm now spending most of my little spare time on https://github.com/mysensors/NodeManager/pull/229 which is kind of difficult to fix. Only after I will go through the (long) list of fixes/requests queued for v1.7