Reflow Oven

• I have been looking at the ControLeo for a while.
    I already have an oven which I use for baking wet snuff.
    Today it has three DS18bB20 sensors which needs to be replaced. And I will try to get the sketch working on a Nano.
    Then will need two Nanos, one for board baking and one for baking snuff.

Have anyone run the sketch on an ATMega328?

• Admin

Peter Easton, the ControLEO inventor, is about to release a servo-based automatic oven-door opener that will use the 4th relay to open the door at the end of the reflow cycle. I saw a prototype when I visited him recently but he is planning to launch it at the Maker Faire in San Francisco, CA this Thu/Fri, I plan to pick one up when I visit his booth.

@blacey I'm hoping, at some point, he offers upper and lower temperature zones and stored temperature profiles.. That would place his product far ahead of the rest.

• Admin

@ServiceXp Have you sent that request directly to Peter? He is pretty responsive to suggestions...

@blacey Yes Sir.

So, my reflow build is coming along ... slowly. Looking into plotting curves on a larger LCD, like the Zallus oven and using a small servo or stepper motor to open the door.

One thing that is bugging me though is the reflect-a-gold tape. Costs a fortune and I can't even seem to find any or even an equivalent product in Sweden. What do you guys think about the Ebay / Ali knockoffs? Are they good enough? I mean I don't care if they fall short a few percent in heat reflection, I'm not building a spaceship here, as long as the adhesive holds up.

@bjornhallberg said:

So, my reflow build is coming along ... slowly. Looking into plotting curves on a larger LCD, like the Zallus oven and using a small servo or stepper motor to open the door.

One thing that is bugging me though is the reflect-a-gold tape. Costs a fortune and I can't even seem to find any or even an equivalent product in Sweden. What do you guys think about the Ebay / Ali knockoffs? Are they good enough? I mean I don't care if they fall short a few percent in heat reflection, I'm not building a spaceship here, as long as the adhesive holds up.

Not sure, but I think maybe the more important characteristic is it's "Sticky Power" 😛 You don't want the tape coming loose..

• @bjornhallberg Sorry for late reply :(, I forgot about my post and did not get any update on mail. But yes, the link you posted is correct 🙂
    I have not checked it very thoroughly yet, but so far it gets the job done with the automatic calibration from ControLeo. I even put a board in the oven 3-4 times without anything breaking.

• @bjornhallberg Did you find a good oven to use in Sweden? I'm looking in to building one myself now

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to MySensors Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.