Reflow Oven

• I have been looking at the ControLeo for a while.
    I already have an oven which I use for baking wet snuff.
    Today it has three DS18bB20 sensors which needs to be replaced. And I will try to get the sketch working on a Nano.
    Then will need two Nanos, one for board baking and one for baking snuff.

Have anyone run the sketch on an ATMega328?

• Admin

Peter Easton, the ControLEO inventor, is about to release a servo-based automatic oven-door opener that will use the 4th relay to open the door at the end of the reflow cycle. I saw a prototype when I visited him recently but he is planning to launch it at the Maker Faire in San Francisco, CA this Thu/Fri, I plan to pick one up when I visit his booth.

@blacey I'm hoping, at some point, he offers upper and lower temperature zones and stored temperature profiles.. That would place his product far ahead of the rest.

• Admin

@ServiceXp Have you sent that request directly to Peter? He is pretty responsive to suggestions...

@blacey Yes Sir.

So, my reflow build is coming along ... slowly. Looking into plotting curves on a larger LCD, like the Zallus oven and using a small servo or stepper motor to open the door.

One thing that is bugging me though is the reflect-a-gold tape. Costs a fortune and I can't even seem to find any or even an equivalent product in Sweden. What do you guys think about the Ebay / Ali knockoffs? Are they good enough? I mean I don't care if they fall short a few percent in heat reflection, I'm not building a spaceship here, as long as the adhesive holds up.

@bjornhallberg said:

So, my reflow build is coming along ... slowly. Looking into plotting curves on a larger LCD, like the Zallus oven and using a small servo or stepper motor to open the door.

One thing that is bugging me though is the reflect-a-gold tape. Costs a fortune and I can't even seem to find any or even an equivalent product in Sweden. What do you guys think about the Ebay / Ali knockoffs? Are they good enough? I mean I don't care if they fall short a few percent in heat reflection, I'm not building a spaceship here, as long as the adhesive holds up.

Not sure, but I think maybe the more important characteristic is it's "Sticky Power" :stuck_out_tongue: You don't want the tape coming loose..

• @bjornhallberg Sorry for late reply :(, I forgot about my post and did not get any update on mail. But yes, the link you posted is correct :)
    I have not checked it very thoroughly yet, but so far it gets the job done with the automatic calibration from ControLeo. I even put a board in the oven 3-4 times without anything breaking.

Looks like your connection to MySensors Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.