Flame/Fire Detection with MySensors

• Hey everyone,

Does anyone have a good working example of a simple binary flame detection sketch? Something that works "out of the box" with MySenors and a typical 4-pin flame detection sensor?

I want to setup a sensor in my kitchen with an MQ-2 smoke/gas sensor to check for possible fires. Ideally, I just need two states "Flame" and "No Flame".

I'm using Homeseer as my controller. Any ideas or help anyone could give would be great. I found another thread with someone using a flame sensor, but I couldn't get the code to work properly.

Thanks in advance.

@iamtheghost Have you had a look at the motion sensor sketch. It would work without much modification i would think.

• @Boots33 I haven't used it yet, but that makes sense if it just activates as "motion/no motion". The flame detector sensor for most arduinos is just looking for a specific wave-length of light, right?

@iamtheghost I have not used one but yes that is my understanding of how they work. You would need to experiment with it to find it's effective range etc.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics