Strange problems / behaviour on a project ? List of checkpoints :

• Hi all,

I found (for me) a HUGE problem here (it took a while to accidentally run into this problem) so I thought ...
    let's share this troublemaker and I hope all you guys and girls add points to this list for "make sense of the sensors life"
    for easier troubleshooting ...

CHECK / TEST your USB cable ... USB cable ? YES ... your USB cable ...
    and DON'T get CHEAP on your USB cable ...

☝ Let me tell you why ... ☝

Somehow in the past I run into very strange behaviour or unexplainable errors with some MySensors projects and
    luckily I run into this - one of the small troublemakers -
    Today I 'moved' my Raspberry & Serial Gateway & RFXCom433 Transceiver to the next room and 'build' it up there to find out that the RFX unit doesn't work like it did any more and did not even reach my

0_1453326695712_HE877_3.png

any more ... yes it did reach about 1 or 2 times of 10 when I turned it ON and OFF ...
    And that switch stayed in the room my Raspberry & Serial Gateway & RFXCom433 Transceiver came from.
    So instead of the same room the switch was now in another room and did not work well any more, while I have a same kind of switch in the garage and never give any trouble reaching it in the past. (that one was unreachable now too).

So ... with my WHAT THE FROG face 😳 build it back into the room where it came from to find out I moved the problem to that room too ... and totally surprised I checked out the RFX, hoping it wasn't broken, and in the mean time asking myself... did I drop it ? 😕 Did I step on it ? 😧 Does it smelled burned ? 😰 Did I drop some coffee over it ? 😞

No.. nothing of that all. So after a while taking everything into my hobby room checking and 🔎 inspecting it

somehow I figured out that nothing was changed except maybe I switched something in the configuration and I tried as many things I could possible do and finally after some switching and swapping I figured out that the USB cable
    was almost the same (... almost), I did some tests with it on the RFX device and other devices
    (my navigator did charge, but my Samsung did NOT !!) ... and YES ✨💡✨ THAT was clearly IT ❗
    That same cable maybe give me some unexplainable adventures with my projects (or maybe one of the...)

So I hope other people add some points to this list and someone work that out ending up as kinda
    -= troubleshooting check list =- somewhere on the MySensor site / forum ... hek ... ? 😁

And yes ... it's a long story for such a litle problem (cable) ... and YES I did found the emoticons on the forum 😁 😋 😂
    Just let me be happy 😋

Hopefully I have less or non strange problems in the future.

And the cable ? No it's NOT for sale ... I drive over it a few times with my Swedisch car 😑 , lived out on it with my axe and throw it into the fireplace and put the fire on for at least 23 hours ☺

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics