Why do you monitor your temp and humidity ?

• Hello

Sorry for the silly question but what is the aim of knowing the current temp or humidity in each room ? Turning ON the AC when specific conditions happens, maybe ?

For example I like the idea of monitoring my door or window states for security + truggering lights. Also I like to know the history when the door or window was opened or closed.

Give me ideas guys 🙂

• Hardware Contributor

Where I live (cold climate) with cellar and attic i use it to measure so my house are alright and doesnt go above limits when mold start to grow. Also for similar reasons withing my bathroom to evacuate air with high humidity. In rooms I plan to use it to adjust heat coming from my radioators/floor heating.

• Contest Winner

similar to @sundberg84 , remote monitoring of my home while I'm away; very humid climate at certain times of year.

There is no hygrometer in my thermostat, so I monitor humidity (which creeps up when the A/C is inactive). MySensors is connected to my home automation, so my system can respond if the humidity creeps up by turning on the A/C and drawing down the moisture. You cannot do that with temperature monitoring alone unless you keep the temp at a level where you know your moisture level has to be low.

My crawlspace basement has a dehumidifier, and that is humidity controlled. I keep an eye on that, though it is just a notification if things get wonky.

Another use is turning on the bathroom vent when the humidity rises. My kids/guests neglect to do that when using the shower and significant moisture condenses everywhere. It takes a lot of time for that to evaporate and so it increases the humidity in the house over time. That humidity stays, even if the A/C is working.

I also have a couple that just sit there monitoring. Maybe I just got too excited and overdid it a bit. 😉

• Hardware Contributor

My kids room is poorly ventilated. When the door is closed and humidity raises I'll get a warning.

• Hello,

I have a very good (and probably rare) example ! I am on holidays and my thermostat just start to be crazy ! I found the problem using my temperature report. 26°C !!
    OK I can admit that this example is probably improbable 😉

David.

• Thanks all for the ideas.

Maybe cas in Egypt we are used to have the AC splitter so I don't face such examples in normal life 🙂
    Thanks.

• Hello,

I use it to control my heater and my AC.
    I plan to use it to control the vents in the bathroom (temp sensor on the hot water hose to ensure a quick response and turn on vents before humidity start to rise).

• Mod

@dark-nico pianos really don't like dry environments. Stick a humidity sensor in your (?) Piano and get a warning when the air gets to dry.

• @Yveaux pianos ?
    In my house, it's more likely to be too humid than too dry 😆

• Mod

@dark-nico Now I get your nick 👏

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics