Dallas DS18B20 compiling error

• Hi All,

I am having a problem with compiling the code for 3 Dallas DS18B20 temperature sensors.
    I am using the IDE 1.6.12 with fresh library's imported as per these instructions.

The errors are in this piece of code:

// query conversion time and sleep until conversion completed
      int16_t conversionTime = sensors.millisToWaitForConversion(sensors.getResolution());
      // sleep() call can be replaced by wait() call if node need to process incoming messages (or if node is repeater)
      sleep(conversionTime);

The errors I am getting are as follows:

In file included from C:\Users\johan\Documents\Arduino\examples\DallasTemperatureSensor\DallasTemperatureSensor.ino:37:0:

C:\Users\johan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DallasTemperature/DallasTemperature.h: In function 'void loop()':

C:\Users\johan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DallasTemperature/DallasTemperature.h:252:13: error: 'int16_t DallasTemperature::millisToWaitForConversion(uint8_t)' is private

int16_t millisToWaitForConversion(uint8_t);

^
    DallasTemperatureSensor:85: error: within this context

int16_t conversionTime = sensors.millisToWaitForConversion(sensors.getResolution());
                                                                                       ^
    exit status 1
    within this context

At this moment I am completely clueless on how to continue.

Thanx in advance!
    Best regards Johan

• Mod

• Thanx 😀
    The compiling errors are now solved!

Unfortunately the problem is not solved yet, the led L flashes a couple of times when starting and after that it starts to burn softly.
    It looks like it stops working after this.

The Nano and Dallas sensors are connected OK, when I check it with a simple sketch I can reed the temperatures through the serial connection.

alt text

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics