Replacing gateway doesn't work with nodes that require signing

• Hello there,

I have two nodes that currently work with my serial gateway that is running on UNO. One node requires signing and the other does not. I wanted to replace my UNO gateway with Mini Pro. I have configured Mini Pro with the same SOFT_SERIAL, SOF_HMAC_KEY and AES_KEY but when I connect it instead of UNO I can only receive messages. Every message that I send (which require signing) are rejected by node that requires signing. What is it that I need to do to be able to replace my gateway?

Thanks

• Does anyone have any suggestion?

• Contest Winner

Have you had your nodes present themselves to your new gateway. The gateway has to know that they require singing for it to sign anything. Enabling debug on your gateway probably information you if it understand your nodes require signing or not.

• I already tried that. I tried it again. Then I tried some more and figured it is some problem with power supply which prevents it to work when communicating with node that requires signing. It seems to work now. Thanks for your help.

• Contest Winner

@callah ah, good that you found the root cause. Yes, when signing is used the power supply becomes critical as the radio is stressed more by transmitting full length messages a lot more.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics