Wired Repeater/Relay

• Is it possible to have a wired repeater/relay? The problem is that the signal of sensors and repeaters outside my house will not penetrate the wall (shielded isolation in outside wall, windows with some sort of metalic foil). I do however have several wired network cable outside I could use to make a wired repeater. Is this possible?

• @Avenger I have the same problem - 1m strong stone wall is a big problem...

Why not make a second network for outside/at the other side of the wall?

Instead of a repeater, get a second gateway and put it and the nodes on another frequency so that they do not interfere.

The downside is that you have to run an Ethernet cable.

• That would indeed be a possibility. That would unfortunately mean a seperate network inside, one at the front outside and one in the back outside. Then the sensors of outside would not be able to communicate to sensors inside directly. Would be cool if you just could have repeaters wired (with ethernet or rs485 for example) so everything is on the same network.

• Mod

@Avenger said:

repeaters wired

This is not possible, by definition... A repeater relays on the same network, a gateway passes data on between different networks...
    Why do you want your sensors to communicate directly when they're out of eachother's ranges?

• A sensor that reads the outdoor temperature for example and displays it inside on a LCD. Or other data like wind speed, motion, light/dark sensor, etc... and use this to trigger events in the house.

• Mod

@Avenger If you run e.g. an MQTT broker or a domotica server (like OpenHab) it is possible to store sensor data and have it retrieved by actuators (e.g. a display) on request. Did you consider such a setup?

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics