I have Vera lite but i like OpenHab.what i do?! :s

• hi. i have all shutters connected to vera lite (zwave Fibaro modules) . and half house is controlled by mysensors devices throught serial gateway conected to vera(water temp,irrigation,relayes etc..).

Vera is limited in some apps and the web interface its awfull. Complitely unusable for a wall computer(linux) that show sensors status ,temperatures,and power consumes for exemple.

I'm considering change to openHab because this web interfaces for this computer (that can be the server) and they have android app aswell.

Can it be easy/reliable migrated from vera to openhab. And what is your opinion about how to do it? move the mysensors serial gateway dfrom vera to openhab wall computer and only leave vera with zwave shutter modules?

i need some opinions before rearrange all my Mysensors network 🙂

• 0_1489851037477_IMG_20170318_152810.jpg

this is the wall computer that i talk about make as openhab server.
    its an atom netbook motherboard and a 12" lcd inside a picture frame

• Mod

Since you want to move to opanhab, you can also consider changing the gateway to either ethernet or mqtt and move it somewhere else if it's the case (ethernet gateway is much easier to remote debug).
    Also you could add a zwave dongle to control the roller shutters and of course you will have to pair them to it. I don't see the change very complex. Learning to use Openhab is probably the most complex thing you will need to do 😁

• @gohan said in I have Vera lite but i like OpenHab.what i do?! :s:

Learning to use Openhab is probably the most complex thing you will need to do 😁

Well that part im taking care right now. install ,configure, binding mios(or just abandon vera) ...

I think that maybe it's not good idea abandon vera right now because its only 2 years old and once its not too old i don't need to buy a zwave usb stick.

if binding works well and its reliably maybe i can use both devices because in 2 years vera lite never hangs not even one time with my 10 or 15 devices. How is openhab reliability? its binding work good (sync and updating devices?)

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics