OrangePi Gateway not gatewaying

• I followed instructions here: https://www.mysensors.org/build/orange

spidev entries for both already existed so I did not do that stuff.

I installed Domoticz as the controller and added the gateway as a Mysensors Ethernet at 127.0.0.1:5003.

The test run of the gateway results in success. It also connects to the controller and claims to be working. All nodes though get stuck in FPAR requests and never get an ID.

I tried adding a cap across power and ground on the radio. No work. I tried 10uf and 47uf. I don't currently have anything smaller, but at any rate...

I built a serial gateway with the same radio, power it with the on-board 3.3 in turn powered by the USB on the Pi. This works fine. I don't even need the caps though they do seem to improve range.

Using the NRF radio. I ordered a set of 10 from aliexpress. It looks like it has an IC on it...no blob of epoxy. I guess it could be molded to look like an IC though?

Anyway, I don't think the issue is the radios since the work fine with an arduino gateway...just not the PI. I've checked the wiring multiple times and the gateway claims to have connection to radio--I also screwed up the first time and it didn't, but fixed it and then it does.

I'm at give up point with the Pi Gateway, but I'd really rather use the Pi alone for controller/gateway without the need of the extra nano. Feels like I shouldn't need that except that for whatever reason I can't get Pi alone to behave.

Anyone got anything to try I haven't thought of?

• Mod

Welcome to the MySensors community @crazy_eddie!

Are you saying that the nodes get stuck on find parent or on get id? It should not be possible to get stuck on both.

Could you post the log from the gateway, corresponding log from a node and the corresponding log from Domoticz?

Which version of MySensors is used on the gateway and on the nodes?

If you haven't already, use the log parser and the troubleshooting guide to see the most common troubleshooting actions.

• @mfalkvidd said in OrangePi Gateway not gatewaying:

Welcome to the MySensors community @crazy_eddie!

Are you saying that the nodes get stuck on find parent or on get id? It should not be possible to get stuck on both.

Could you post the log from the gateway, corresponding log from a node and the corresponding log from Domoticz?

Which version of MySensors is used on the gateway and on the nodes?

If you haven't already, use the log parser and the troubleshooting guide to see the most common troubleshooting actions.

Will have to answer some later (at work) but I can most now. Node gets stuck trying to do an FPAR broadcast. Never gets a reply so it never gets an ID. Just loops over and over doing FPAR requests, taking a break, and starting again. Asking for an ID is the very next thing that happens when I connect to the serial gateway.

The gateway never shows anything being requested in the log. It just sits there saying it's ready. I'll have to get the logs from home. Controller likewise just says the gateway is ready and doesn't ever do anything more. So it's appearing to me like the gateway never receives anything...but they're not even a foot apart and the same radio works fine when wired up to a nano.

Version is 2.1.1 across the board.

I did use the parser and all that. That's how I know what the node and gateway logs are saying.

• Mod

Try to assign a node ID manually. When you have set the node ID, check if anything is received by the gateway, and make sure sensor is like 2 meters apart from the gateway. If you still don't see anything in controller's log, try a different power source for the node radio.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics