relay type node : I_DISCOVER_RESPONSE

• Hello,
    I have an MQTT ethernet gateway and a relay type node. Both are powered on mains.
    The relay type node is registered in the controller and it is working properly.
    But sometimes the relay type node sends an internal message type I_DISCOVER_RESPONSE with a payload of 0.
    I do not see what this message is for and if the controller has to answer.
    Can you explain to me ?
    Thank you.

• Admin

@miclane Gateway and repeater nodes send I_DISCOVER_REQUEST messages in regular intervals to update their internal routing tables. All actively listening nodes reply with I_DISCOVER_RESPONSE and their parent node ID as payload. No response is needed from the controller side, but you can use this information to reveal the communication topology of your network.

• Thank you for your reply.
    I understand the objective but there is one point that does not seem to me to be appropriate: in my case, the indicated payload is 0 but the node number that emits is 205.
    mhs4-out0/205/255/3/0/21 - payload : 0

• Admin

@miclane

@miclane Gateway and repeater nodes send I_DISCOVER_REQUEST messages in regular intervals to update their internal routing tables. All actively listening nodes reply with I_DISCOVER_RESPONSE and their parent node ID as payload. No response is needed from the controller side, but you can use this information to reveal the communication topology of your network.

=> your node 205 has node 0 (=GW) as communication parent

• It's just !
    I had forgotten this subtlety that the gateway is number 0.
    In MQTT what interests me is the topic of publication and subscription of the gateway.
    Thank you.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics