MySensors needs restart to communicate

• I have updated MySensors to 2.2.0 on my RPi two weeks ago. Clean new install. If I try to connect from a node, I get error messages, as long as I do not restart the MySensors gateway. MySensors Libary on Arduino IDE is also 2.2.0, all sketches are updated.

2125 TSF:MSG:SEND,20-20-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    4133 !TSM:FPAR:NO REPLY
    4135 TSM:FPAR

On the RPi MySensors runs atm in debug mode - I can not see any incoming communication. As soon as mysgw is restarted (kill process, then mysgw -d), mostly the node gets the connection and runs fine (without restart). As soon as I restart the node (soft reset or sketch update), there´s again no way it connects.

Tested with several notes and sketches, also example sketches from the page.

• Mod

are you sure the process is running? can you connect to the gateway using a controller?

• @gohan
    Thanks for your reply 🙂
    It seems it is the antenna on intialisation. I have switched form NRF24 with antenna as print on PCB to the ones with external antenna, plan was to have more range. Always supported by a 470μF condensator.
    If I put my finger on top of the antenna while it initializes, I have a stable connection without restart of the gateway. From there on, I do not have to touch it anymore, communication runs perfect. If I do not touch the antenna, I have only errors until I restart the gateway on the RPI (restarting the node does not have an effect).
    Btw , antennas were 20cm, then 3m away from each other, nothing in between

• Mod

Cheap clones are often a pain. Look on the store links on mysensors.org, the most expensive ones are the ones I have and work perfectly with my rpi3

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics