How to send boat data to my cellphone?

• I intend to buy a starter kit and a sensor which can catch up a leak in the boat and send a warning text message to my cellphone.
    When it works I plan to add functions like, boat temperature, and voltage level of the batteries.
    Has anyone already done this? I'm very new to the Arduino. Can I please have some tip of what hardware to buy for this?

• Admin

@Sailor

I would probably go with a GSM shield of some kind for the arduino, so it can send SMS's. Not necessarily a mysensors project, as the sensors could be located relatively close to each other and all be wired to the same arduino board.

Of course this depends on how large the boat is 🙂

However you need to think in low power operation, in order to not drain you battery in the boat. And / or have solar panels recharging the battery during day time.)

• Thanks!
    The boat is about 40 feet but I hope to feed all the data from the boat in one place close to the main board.
    I have solar panels. But they don't deliver enough power during the winter. That's why I also like to have an update of the voltage of the four 75Ah batteries so that I can charge the batteries from land (220V) when needed.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics