sensebender sketch with door sensor help needed

• hi guys

i am new to mysensors been a domoticz user for some time now
    and have made the doorbell hack and works like a charm
    the gateway is also working
    i now have several sensebenders
    and have them working with temp and humunity
    only i want to add a doorsensor to the sensebender
    but how do i insert the doorcontact in the sensebender script without damaging it low power usage things

can someone help me with this how i can merge the door sensor script into to sensebender script

i hope you guys can help me out 🙂

Thanks in andvance!

Greetz Bob

• @BigDog What kind of door sensor do you have? Normally Open (NO) or Normally Closed(NC)? Adding a Reed Switch is fairly straightforward using the available interrupt on D3 and folding in the code from the binary switch example. Keeping it low power, however depends on your hardware.

Most reed switches sold as window/door sensors are NO, which means the circuit is closed when the magnet is present. In the case of a door or window, this means the circuit is closed when the door or window are in their secure state, closed, and current is flowing. This is because window/door sensors were developed for wired alarm systems and having the current constant provided a additional level of security to detect tampering or wire breaks. For battery powered sensors, you cannot afford this constant current. A NC reed switch is preferable which means no current is flowing when the magnet is nearby (actually a little current flows with most NC switches but still acceptable for battery sensors, most off the shelf zwave wireless window/door sensors are NC).

One problem with this system is most Asian vendors randomly switch the NC and NO terminology and you never know what you are buying. I can't speak for European vendors, they use that silly metric system.

• i am going to try it when i am @ home
    had a busy weekend with "sinterklaas"coming and all of the other things
    and going to check of its a NC or NO is what i have got from aliexpress
    when i am finished i wil post the script becose this will be my first zelf modified script
    i realy want to know if what i have done is right and what can be better 🙂 🙂

Greetz Bob

• Contest Winner

@BigDog were you able to finish this sensor? I've just received my sensorbender and would like to create a door sensor as well. Already found an NC reed relais (thanx for the tip @Dwalt ), just waiting for it to arrive.

• @TheoL Hi i have been waiting for the NC sensor aswel
    it is arived and stil needs the time to finish it 🙂
    been a little busy @ work But i keep you uptodate

Greetz Bob

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics