Mysensors node losing connection until reflashed?! (Domonticz controller)

• I've been testing Domonticz as a controller for mysensors. I managed to build and get working an Ethernet gateway running on an uno, and 4 humidity/temp sensors using various hardware (mini pro and nano's and dht111 and dht22 sensors). The one thing I've had issues with so far is sometimes the sensor will show up in Domonticz with a red "banner" meaning it hasn't received any communication from that node recently. I first tried resetting the node by power cycling them but that doesn't seem to work. What I discovered works every time is to simply plug the node into my computer and reflash the sketch.

What could be going on here? Should I watch the gateway for errors? The individual nodes for errors?

I'd like to push forward and start making some battery powered nodes with contact switches the watch my doors and windows as an alarm but if they randomly require a reflash that's going to make it difficult to have a reliable system!

The sketches are all 100% default and unchanged from how they are installed with the mysensors install.

Happy New Year and thanks for all the help the forum members have already provided!

• Hardware Contributor

Hi!

I think we need some logs here... Do you have any nodes working as repeters? One scenario i can imagine is that the nodes have a hard way reaching the gw, tries a nother route and thats when you find them offline... dont know. Hard to say without logs.

• Which logs are we looking for? From the gateway, from Domonticz or from the nodes? Or all of the above? :). I'm pretty sure I know how to grab the logs from Domonticz but I'll have to look up how to grab them from the gateway and/or nodes. Let me know which one(s) you need and I'll post them up here.

Thanks again!

• @bp_968

Hi, Happy NY 2U2...

Same problem here, no problem if reboot the rasp. but if I take down the rasp. for a while
    and startup the next day, sensors are there in domoticz but not a single sensor is responding on any command anymore, even rebooting sensor won't work, I figure out it helps to make the sensor powerless for a few minutes, but that's not working for every sensor (I was thinking I was the only one with this problem)
    Looks like the same problem in :
    http://forum.mysensors.org/topic/2604/error-sending-switch-command

PS serial gateway here, 1.5 same problems with 1.4

• Hardware Contributor

Strange... Im running 1.6.0beta Ethernet gateway and Domoticz 2.3250 and it works great.
    @bp_968 A gateway serial log would be best (Domoticz doesnt say that much.)
    Connect it to a computer and run the serial log on arduino IDE.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics