Suggestion for documentation

• Hi,
    I understand from the MySensors files that some PINs are not available for sketches in case some options enabled, for example in MyConfig.g PIN 7, 7, 9 or 4, 5, 6 are for LEDs, 17 (A3 ?) is reserved for ATSHA204 if enabled, 7 is reserved for soft signing if enabled.
    I suggest to include this info into a documentation that could be useful for people when add more sensors to a node, this could be inside a chapter dedicated to more sensors into a single node or just comments inside examples. I already built test network with MySensors 1.5 then 1.6 and all nodes have several sensors. The code is not as nice as yours, but I can share it (already shared for 1.5, waiting for final version of 1.6, because changes may occur).
    Thank you

• Admin

Most of those pins are optional, for example if you don't have Leds attached, you can reuse the pins for other things. Same goes for A3 and atsha204, if it's not used the pin is free for your own use

On newer platforms the pin assignments to the various things might also move around

• Thank you, I know, I already do this, but I am thinking for other users too. I was building a node with 4 Relays, temperature sensor, PIR, smoke sensor, IR sensor so I use a lot of Arduino inputs.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics