Need help for a project with RFduino and pressure sensor

• Hi all,
    !
    So I have a project in mind but I am very new to programming, RFduino and all of this and kind of lost on where to start. Would love to get some help!
    I have bought the RFduino dev kit and the coin battery shield for RFduino. I have 2 pressure sensors (see pictures), one switch (see picture) and an LED light (see pictures).
    My idea is as follows: when touching the sensor or applying pressure to it data is sent to an iOS app via Bluetooth, at the same time the LED lights for feedback, to show that an input has been registered. The switch is there to just switch it off when not used.
    So I do not know on which pins I should connect which wires and then where to start with programming. Please don’t hesitate to ask more questions if it does not make sense.
    Thanks so much!!
    0_1457189482704_20160305_142520_HDR.jpg

• Mod

Hi @soso. Warm welcome to the MySensors community!

MySensors is a fantastic project, but it might not be the right project for you. MySensors takes care of communication between sensors, and from sensors to a gateway which in turn connects to a Home Automation Controller. To me, it sounds you don't need any of that. The RFduino can use bluetooth to communicate directly with an iOS device. No need to communicate between sensors, no need for a gateway and no need for a Home Automation Controller.

You might be better off asking in the rfduino forum.

With that said, there might be some rfduino users who also use MySensors so hopefully someone is able to give some recommendations. If you want to read more about what can be done with MySensors, take a look at the getting started guide.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics