NRF24L01+ smd schematics
So you received the boards before I did
Yes, I have got the boards in 3-4 days. Very quick
Which type of header/connector did you use to mount in the J1 location ? If the holes are too narrow for the breakable two row male headers, I will adapt this (that is why it is still UNTESTED for me).
I have used a single row header like this
Ordered from OSHPark ?
Did anyone successfully used kicad footprint for these guys?
I received today my first PCB designed for the SMD version, did not work and overheated quite badly. After trying to troubleshoot it, frying a few things on the way, it seems to me that VCC / GND pad are switched between schematics and footprint:
"Datasheet" from one of many aliexpress / ebay seller (all seems to be the same)
KiCad PCB view
I changed it on a local lib to reorder a new PCB and try, but if others can have a look at it, especially @tbowmo to update the official github repo if needed.
alexsh1 last edited by alexsh1
@emc2 You have to be careful with these. As I discovered myself recently there are ones with PIN1 and PIN2 as VCC and GND and others with PIN1 and PIN8 as VCC and GND.
This is not well documented!
Never encountered a PIN1/PIN8 module yet. Are those with blob? I saw a few modules with black blob, often a big cristal and very cheap but I never ordered them.
I have a few of this exact module, it has a datasheet on the website and wiring it as described work on a breadboard.
Did you encounter any PIN1 - GND, PIN2 - VCC so far?
Problem may be somewhere else, probability that I screwed up my PCB design is high. I will see with the next PCB, with pin switched, if it's working.
@emc2 Yes, all of my nrf24l01+ smd modules have PIN1 - VCC and PIN2 - GND
No idea why chinese are switching pins
Sorry about that, it was made in a jiffy one dark night, and I never got around to verify the footprint myself
I'll update the footprint later today (or you can make a PR on github and change it your self).
Hey no worries, it's still a great ressource and so far I used it without any problem.
I'm always confused by github when it came to PR etc but it should work. I just switched the coordinates of pad 1 and 2 it should do the trick.
I updated the footprint on github (and yes, I also chose the easy route, and swapped pins 1 and 2 on the footprint)