nRF24L01+ Fails to send data

• So I'm trying to build a project which involves sending sensor data to the internet. The idea is to send the data to a hub and then upload it. For now I just want to learn how the nRF24L01+ module works and I'm having problems with that.
    I have two Arduino UNOs connected to the wireless modules and I'm trying to make them talk to each other. I put two 100uF capacitors between +3V3 and GND on each node to stabilize the voltage during eventual current peaks. Both arduinos are getting power form my laptop USB.
    I'm using the RF24 library (the "getting started" example) and it is not working at all. All it says is:
    "Now sending
    failed
    Failed, response timed out."
    I tried pretty much everything I found on the internet to troubleshoot it and I'm running out of possibilities. What I tried so far:
    Adding the capacitors to the power source
    Trying different modules to see if the ones I used weren't faulty
    Changing which module is receiving and which is transmitting
    Using different bands to get less interference

If you guys already faced similar problems and/or have any suggestions of what I could do I would appreciate immensely.

• Mod

Hi @12gabriel3
    Welcome to the MySensors forum!

Have you seen the flowchart at http://forum.mysensors.org/topic/666/debug-faq-and-how-ask-for-help ? It contains much of the collected wisdom for troubleshooting.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics